CFZ Maybe the Cowboys should follow Green Bay's lead?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I find funny is that the Packers lose Devonte and the media says they will be fine. The Cowboys lose Amari and the media says their season is in jeopardy specifically because of that.

Now I am not saying the Cowboys have no issues, because they do, but I would argue the Packers losing Devonte is a much bigger hit than the Cowboys losing Amari.

75boyz

Reaction score
What I find funny is that the Packers lose Devonte and the media says they will be fine. The Cowboys lose Amari and the media says their season is in jeopardy specifically because of that.

Now I am not saying the Cowboys have no issues, because they do, but I would argue the Packers losing Devonte is a much bigger hit than the Cowboys losing Amari.

Some new guy will probably emerge. I think the newest flavor is named Doubs.
In the past he lost Greg Jennings, James Jones, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson and now Adams. Regardless of coach or receiver, they still seem to be a playoff team every year.

ESisback

Reaction score
This is when I shake my head about having the same guy who is concerned about selling tickets, merchandise, and TV ratings also being the guy who makes final roster and player personnel decisions. It’s a really bad premise and we have two and half decades of evidence of its shortcomings.

I like some of the “kids” we have at WR this year and they are a fun story. But when they are facing NFL quality talent on a 3rd and 7 on a must have it drive and can’t adjust their route properly because they haven’t seen that kind of opposition we are all going to remember it didn’t have to be this way. I think Lamb is very good but he’s never been the Alpha WR at this level and without much of a supporting cast early, it’s dicey.

Maybe we get lucky with the youngsters filling in at WR early this year. But rolling the dice on situations like this is only done by football people who have zero accountability for their jobs or their failures.

Lean heavily on the RBs, TEs and Lamb?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some new guy will probably emerge. I think the newest flavor is named Doubs.
In the past he lost Greg Jennings, James Jones, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson and now Adams. Regardless of coach or receiver, they still seem to be a playoff team every year.

The Refs give them about 5 wins every year. :laugh::popcorn:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It's not a dumb thread. While I like Lamb enough to have bought his jersey, he has yet to show that he can produce while being the main focus of the other team's secondary.
I dunno... he was the leading receiver in catches and everything else last year.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Didn't Green Bay lose multiple receivers that started for them also?

JayFord

Reaction score

Media cant be positive about Dallas it keeps the views coming

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Green Bay lost WR's and one was the best WR of 2021 and THE target of Rodgers.

Word out of camp is that Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are expected to have at least 50 catches each because Rodgers is not enamored with his replacement WR's. Too many drops.

One major difference between Rodgers and most QB's is he will speak his mind and he has spoken about his receiving corps. Loud and clear.

They're not going to pay him 50M and not make him happy and get more targets in the pattern for him and he has two good RB's, just as the Cowboys have. And a good offensive mind at HC.

The question I have is does Kellen Moore have the leeway to take focus away from Lamb, the owner's prize pick and new #1? The Cooper trade will be the focus of the Cowboys offense from the talking heads in the beginning of the season and we know he is reactive to any criticism.

Will Moore's marching orders be win the games or make Lamb look good and the Cooper trade look even better?

We'll have to see how that works out for Green Bay. The choices they've made at receiver are even more puzzling than ours, although they at least did bring in a couple of vets in Cobbs and Watkins, but both players' best days are behind them.

For us, I hope Pollard is a major component of the passing game, especially with Gallup out.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Didn't Green Bay lose multiple receivers that started for them also?

They lost Adams, Valdes-Scantling, and St. Brown. I think the year before they lost Kumerow, who Rogers was pissed about losing. Rogers has shown in the past he can still succeed with no name receivers, a lot like Brady has in the past.

Dallas has a #1 WR and a top 10 TE, so it isn't like the cupboard is bare. IF Gallup can come back 100%, then we should be ok barring an injury to Lamb or Schultz. Lamb isn't exactly the biggest receiver so we don't know if he can take all the shots a number one will get. The videos of Gallup working out make me think he is closer to being ready weeks 5-8 instead of weeks 1-4.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't care if Dakota speaks to the media but I hope he speaks to the players and front office about what he needs to be successful.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s what the Op says. Don’t feed the WR, go elsewhere. It’s a stupid thread.
He didn't say that. He asked if Moore has the leeway to not focus on Lamb, and I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I assume he means "if putting the onus on Lamb is problematic".

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Word out of camp is that Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are expected to have at least 50 catches each because Rodgers is not enamored with his replacement WR's. Too many drops.

One major difference between Rodgers and most QB's is he will speak his mind and he has spoken about his receiving corps. Loud and clear.

They're not going to pay him 50M and not make him happy and get more targets in the pattern for him and he has two good RB's, just as the Cowboys have. And a good offensive mind at HC.

The question I have is does Kellen Moore have the leeway to take focus away from Lamb, the owner's prize pick and new #1? The Cooper trade will be the focus of the Cowboys offense from the talking heads in the beginning of the season and we know he is reactive to any criticism.

Will Moore's marching orders be win the games or make Lamb look good and the Cooper trade look even better?
Who knows ????

JBS

Reaction score
He didn't say that. He asked if Moore has the leeway to not focus on Lamb, and I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I assume he means "if putting the onus on Lamb is problematic".
Yeah. Same thing. Lamb is the #1 weapon on this offense. Get him the damn ball

Adreme

Reaction score

To the premise that they are not going to pay him 50m and not make him happy... the only 1st round pick they have used on offense in 10 years was on Love. The only two times before that they used a 1st round pick on offense was in 2010 and 2011 when they picked a tackle each year. That is the extent of the help they have provided him.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Which makes this thread not really a football question, but yet another Jerry Jones thread. For a minute there, I thought it was actually about what Dallas should do schematically.