CFZ Maybe the Cowboys should follow Green Bay's lead?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
no no the possibility of GB might or might not do and what we might do or might not do.the what ifs are spiraling in here.
The OP really didn't establish what GB was set to do or doing. So I'm just trying to find out why we should follow in they're lead?

The west coast offense is designed to stretch a defense out horizontally. So teams that run the west coast generally do a lot of passing to the running backs. That's why we used to always see Roger Craig and Ricky Waters catching passes out in the flat in San Francisco. Dallas is slowly, but for surely, switching to a more west coast style offense. So Dallas will be doing the same things as Green Bay, because Green Bay runs the west coast.

blueblood70

Reaction score
"Spiraled out of control"??? He posed a hypothetical question about something that has a very real possibility of being relevant.

To what "emotional runaway" are you referring? The most emotion I've seen are the couple of people freaking out and calling it a dumb thread, because apparently, they don't want to think about the possibility that our WR situation isn't optimal.
Nope the responses are as if its real the hate and accusations thrown at jones, maybe you can't read or choose not to see its total nonsense to have these heated debates over a hypothetical. let's play out the season before burying this team..SMH!!!:facepalm::angry:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Green Bay lost WR's and one was the best WR of 2021 and THE target of Rodgers.

Word out of camp is that Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are expected to have at least 50 catches each because Rodgers is not enamored with his replacement WR's. Too many drops.

One major difference between Rodgers and most QB's is he will speak his mind and he has spoken about his receiving corps. Loud and clear.

They're not going to pay him 50M and not make him happy and get more targets in the pattern for him and he has two good RB's, just as the Cowboys have. And a good offensive mind at HC.

The question I have is does Kellen Moore have the leeway to take focus away from Lamb, the owner's prize pick and new #1? The Cooper trade will be the focus of the Cowboys offense from the talking heads in the beginning of the season and we know he is reactive to any criticism.

Will Moore's marching orders be win the games or make Lamb look good and the Cooper trade look even better?
Pollard has lined up more at WR than RB this offseason

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nope the responses are as if its real the hate and accusations thrown at jones, maybe you can't read or choose not to see its total nonsense to have these heated debates over a hypothetical. let's play out the season before burying this team..SMH!!!:facepalm::angry:
I only see "heated" responses from the people who want to call other people's threads "stupid" or "dumb". Which posts seem to be "burying this team"?

blueblood70

Reaction score
The OP really didn't establish what GB was set to do or doing. So I'm just trying to find out why we should follow in they're lead?

The west coast offense is designed to stretch a defense out horizontally. So teams that run the west coast generally do a lot of passing to the running backs. That's why we used to always see Roger Craig and Ricky Waters catching passes out in the flat in San Francisco. Dallas is slowly, but for surely, switching to a more west coast style offense. So Dallas will be doing the same things as Green Bay, because Green Bay runs the west coast.
what leads games haven't been played yet is my pot this thread was dead after post reply was hit my the OP..its makes zero sense to condemn the Jonses, our coaches etc for hinges thy haven't done yet LMAO ef GB anyway, don't care about them nor should it be discussed on here as its something going on that effects us. it does not, another thread that belongs in OFF TOPIC or NFL

BTW i find it a bit of stretch that an AR12 run offense will dink and dunk their way down the field with not one but two RBs with 50 catches each..mnope i doubt that wil ever happen. if we did that the dak hater would say hes got weak arm and cant throw down filed and what, did they used to call him, check down Charlie and now that hes slinging it, its all-fake garbage stats...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which makes this thread not really a football question, but yet another Jerry Jones thread. For a minute there, I thought it was actually about what Dallas should do schematically.
It is but the question still remains, could they not feature the WR? It is actually two parts. Should they and could they?

I don't know if this is in Moore's wheelhouse or if he would be allowed to shuck the leash and get off the reservation.

I think the meaning of McC's comments after the game that he had nothing to do with the game plan or play calling in the playoff game was that the orders came straight from management to Moore. Exactly what management wanted isn't clear but McC made it clear he was not involved. As weird as that was.

conner01

Reaction score
Green Bay lost WR's and one was the best WR of 2021 and THE target of Rodgers.

Word out of camp is that Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are expected to have at least 50 catches each because Rodgers is not enamored with his replacement WR's. Too many drops.

One major difference between Rodgers and most QB's is he will speak his mind and he has spoken about his receiving corps. Loud and clear.

They're not going to pay him 50M and not make him happy and get more targets in the pattern for him and he has two good RB's, just as the Cowboys have. And a good offensive mind at HC.

The question I have is does Kellen Moore have the leeway to take focus away from Lamb, the owner's prize pick and new #1? The Cooper trade will be the focus of the Cowboys offense from the talking heads in the beginning of the season and we know he is reactive to any criticism.

Will Moore's marching orders be win the games or make Lamb look good and the Cooper trade look even better?
Moore doesn’t focus on a guy and really never has
The offense is designed to throw to the open guy not try to force it to a single guy
The scheme is logical but we need more creativity to get the ball in the hands of our playmaker which includes Pollard and Lamb

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to do their own thing this season.

They're going to jam 12 personnel down your throats, run the ball, and play action.

Then, they're going to stop the run and force you to beat them in the passing game, which we're set up for — for once in a long, long time.

Finally! A defense I'm super excited about in several facets of the game.