CFZ Maybe the Cowboys should follow Green Bay's lead?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I’d love to follow their lead and break the rules constantly without getting in trouble.

JustChip

Reaction score
AJ Dillion is a bruising RB. I can’t see him having 50 catches. Both of those backs are studs though. Moore will do what he always does and spread the wealth. This system works but it doesn’t allow anyone to take over games which is sometimes needed.
Including the Head Coach.

Mannix

Reaction score
I still contend that we have a bottom 5 WR corp void of a true 1,2, and 3....for Booger and Chuckles to do NOTHING about it in FA whilst 20 million over the cap is criminal.

ondaedg

Reaction score
All QB's are that way. Rodgers is calling his guys out for not being where they're supposed to be and drops when he hits them. And Rodgers throws a sweet ball, very little wobble.

Under the leadership duties of the QB is holding players accountable and while I don't like him, Rodgers does that very well.

Openly blasting your teammates in the media is “good leadership”? Must be such great leadership that Davante would leave a HOF qb to go play with Derek Carr at a chronic underachieving organization.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I still contend that we have a bottom 5 WR corp void of a true 1,2, and 3....for Booger and Chuckles to do NOTHING about it in FA whilst 20 million over the cap is criminal.

Ya it’s completely idiotic to sit on that kind of money knowing we have questionmarks at two key position groups on offense. McCarthy should be beating on JJ’s office door asking him what the **** is going on!?!?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Green Bay lost WR's and one was the best WR of 2021 and THE target of Rodgers.

Word out of camp is that Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are expected to have at least 50 catches each because Rodgers is not enamored with his replacement WR's. Too many drops.

One major difference between Rodgers and most QB's is he will speak his mind and he has spoken about his receiving corps. Loud and clear.

They're not going to pay him 50M and not make him happy and get more targets in the pattern for him and he has two good RB's, just as the Cowboys have. And a good offensive mind at HC.

The question I have is does Kellen Moore have the leeway to take focus away from Lamb, the owner's prize pick and new #1? The Cooper trade will be the focus of the Cowboys offense from the talking heads in the beginning of the season and we know he is reactive to any criticism.

Will Moore's marching orders be win the games or make Lamb look good and the Cooper trade look even better?
Are you talking about letting Lamb walk when the time comes?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is when I shake my head about having the same guy who is concerned about selling tickets, merchandise, and TV ratings also being the guy who makes final roster and player personnel decisions. It’s a really bad premise and we have two and half decades of evidence of its shortcomings.

I like some of the “kids” we have at WR this year and they are a fun story. But when they are facing NFL quality talent on a 3rd and 7 on a must have it drive and can’t adjust their route properly because they haven’t seen that kind of opposition we are all going to remember it didn’t have to be this way. I think Lamb is very good but he’s never been the Alpha WR at this level and without much of a supporting cast early, it’s dicey.

Maybe we get lucky with the youngsters filling in at WR early this year. But rolling the dice on situations like this is only done by football people who have zero accountability for their jobs or their failures.

Do you mean when its 3rd and 7 and Dak has Lamb, Gallup, and Shultz to throw to? Your basically making a stink about someone like Tolbert as the #3 WR and #4 or 5 target in the offense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's not a dumb thread. While I like Lamb enough to have bought his jersey, he has yet to show that he can produce while being the main focus of the other team's secondary.

Its abundantly obvious that he can do that no problem.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
What the crap has Jerry have to do with anything? If the coach isn't trying to use all his pieces without the approval of the head idiot, then he shouldn't be here.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Jerry has a chubby for wide receivers, he always has going back his whole tenure. This isnt the first time GB has been like this, even during Favre's run it was a revolving door of receivers many of which became pro bowlers. A star qb makes the receiver, not the other way around.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Green Bay lost WR's and one was the best WR of 2021 and THE target of Rodgers.

Word out of camp is that Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are expected to have at least 50 catches each because Rodgers is not enamored with his replacement WR's. Too many drops.

One major difference between Rodgers and most QB's is he will speak his mind and he has spoken about his receiving corps. Loud and clear.

They're not going to pay him 50M and not make him happy and get more targets in the pattern for him and he has two good RB's, just as the Cowboys have. And a good offensive mind at HC.

The question I have is does Kellen Moore have the leeway to take focus away from Lamb, the owner's prize pick and new #1? The Cooper trade will be the focus of the Cowboys offense from the talking heads in the beginning of the season and we know he is reactive to any criticism.

Will Moore's marching orders be win the games or make Lamb look good and the Cooper trade look even better?
Not really sure where you are going with this but it sounds like to Funkytown.

Dak's favorite target last year was CeeDee Lamb.
His favorite target in camp has been CeeDee Lamb.
Rodgers demanded 50M a year and an early restructure forcing GB to get rid of a top 3 WR.
Rodgers made that bed.
Dallas moved on in part because they felt like Amari sulked when he wasn't getting more targets.

There are a lot of targets to be had. CeeDee will absolutely be fed and so will many others.
What Zeke and Tony Pollard do with those targets will determine where that goes as the year progresses.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you talking about letting Lamb walk when the time comes?
Not at all, this isn't about Lamb. It is about the owner and just how much latitude does his HC have in running the team?

Booger wants to be a "football man" and get some credit but he has laid a lot on his #1 after trading Cooper and letting Wilson walk. That is going to be a hot topic when the season starts because some already think he made a mistake. And he most definitely reacts to criticism, can't help himself.

Can he sit by and not have Lamb as his shining star? He loves WR's and his ego is so entwined I question whether he would be happy if they were winning with RB's and TE's and Lamb wasn't the shining star he wants. His mentor was Crazy Al who loved him some WR's but not to the detriment of his HC's, who loved them some RB's and TE's.

GB made the decision to pay the QB 50M and not the WR 28M and they also lost another WR so Lazard is it. The word is they're already working around the fact their WR corps may be wanting but they have two very good RB's. And one of the best QB's in the game.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Not at all, this isn't about Lamb. It is about the owner and just how much latitude does his HC have in running the team?

Booger wants to be a "football man" and get some credit but he has laid a lot on his #1 after trading Cooper and letting Wilson walk. That is going to be a hot topic when the season starts because some already think he made a mistake. And he most definitely reacts to criticism, can't help himself.

Can he sit by and not have Lamb as his shining star? He loves WR's and his ego is so entwined I question whether he would be happy if they were winning with RB's and TE's and Lamb wasn't the shining star he wants. His mentor was Crazy Al who loved him some WR's but not to the detriment of his HC's, who loved them some RB's and TE's.

GB made the decision to pay the QB 50M and not the WR 28M and they also lost another WR so Lazard is it. The word is they're already working around the fact their WR corps may be wanting but they have two very good RB's. And one of the best QB's in the game.
So, Dallas should follow Green Bay's lead, by getting their running backs more involved? Or by... not playing favorites at WR?

blueblood70

Reaction score
i like how all the responses are as if 2022 was played already and based on primes that GB might use their rbs like this and they will win and we will force the ball to Lamb to lok good.( oh btw many here say that thats how a good offense should run and we never feed the good payer ie feature cooper and why his numbers went down and hes gone., facts are dak and Moore actually spread the ball around, not new concept. Hit the open guys LMAO))
UMM its all hyperbole and rhetoric people!!!!!!

, this is just an opinion of a "WORD OUT OF A CAMP" lmao

they just told their entire strategy to world umm like you ALL say the Jonses should not.. also all based in guessing. Can we play the year out before burying ownership. coaches. and players.

its so ridiculous all these responses, all these passionate responses as if it were to a REAL story that already happened. ALL this takes the cake, I mean the OP posts a story about a possible happening by another team and it spirals into darkness. ; precious place this has become.:facepalm::angry::rolleyes:

you all need to calm the flip down!:popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's not a dumb thread. While I like Lamb enough to have bought his jersey, he has yet to show that he can produce while being the main focus of the other team's secondary.
its 100% moronic, its not happened yet and spiraled out of control by rumor of what another team Might do and how we MIGHT do it diffidently LMAO..totall dumb gets my vote,.. got top luv the emotionally runaway thread on possibility on what might happen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So, Dallas should follow Green Bay's lead, by getting their running backs more involved? Or by... not playing favorites at WR?
no no the possibility of GB might or might not do and what we might do or might not do.the what ifs are spiraling in here.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
its 100% moronic, its not happened yet and spiraled out of control by rumor of what another team Might do and how we MIGHT do it diffidently LMAO..totall dumb gets my vote,.. got top luv the emotionally runaway thread on possibility on what might happen.
"Spiraled out of control"??? He posed a hypothetical question about something that has a very real possibility of being relevant.

To what "emotional runaway" are you referring? The most emotion I've seen are the couple of people freaking out and calling it a dumb thread, because apparently, they don't want to think about the possibility that our WR situation isn't optimal.