News: Mayfield or Dak

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't know if I fully believe the rumors about Mayfield being generally a bad teammate and difficult to be around or work with, I say that because of the spin put on Cooper's ousting which seemed very manufactured. But if those rumors are true I wouldn't want anything to do with him, there are enough problems already as is with the Cowboys.
umm why would team make that up if they are trying to move him?? sorry i believe it because at best they would cover that up to get rid of him..

calicowboy54

Reaction score
If we could bring Mayfield in to compete with Dak would you be for it or no? https://www.audacy.com/cbssportsrad...liQKcJrUQtuB3Do5o0MPK2F1R6Fk_8T_KT8BkvaaR1IkE

you want a passionate QB but also a level headed one. Baker is not Level headed, he's a Hot head. So in that respect i like Daks temperment for the QB. Now on Throwing and Reading a Defense and Accuracy its baker hands down. Baker cannot get out of Bakers own way sometimes thus the up and down. that comes with time and maturity.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
tacos-de.gif

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not a Mayfield fan in any way but one thing I would say - just how many quarterbacks have thrived in Cleveland the last 20 years or so?

Cleveland has been a lousy football team since being re-incarnated. I mean, go 1-15 and follow that with 0-16? How poor does ownership have to be for that to happen?

Baker might very well be a fantastic quarterback on some other team.

Not going to judge him until and if he sucks on an otherwise good team....

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
umm why would team make that up if they are trying to move him?? sorry i believe it because at best they would cover that up to get rid of him..
True but they also needed to roll out the red carpet for Watson, part of that is devaluing him to justify that change to fans, i.e. PR.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I think Mayfield still has a chance in the league. If he can figure it out he has a higher ceiling than Dak.

Getting him at backup money would be a gift from the football gods... but that ain't happening so I'm looking forward to seeing him play for whoever he ends up with.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, if they sign Mayfield, that will at least get the curtains put up at ATT because his wife is not living in that fishbowl.

Mayfield would enjoy shooting one of his commercials there. He could sit in the stadium with a remote controlling all the fancy toys Jerry has in the stadium.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s a hard no on Baker Mayfield. There are teams begging for a QB these days that aren’t interested either.

I’ve seen him play since high school and all through college. He was a very good college QB who became overrated because he was surrounded by talent like Cedee Lamb, Joe Mixon, Marquise Brown, Samaje Perine, Mark Andrews, and gobs of other NFL level talent.

He’s also a locker room head case. That’s a big no thank you.

Big_D

Reaction score
Guy approaches Jones...

"Jerry, I know you gave Dak a $160 million dollar contract as your franchise quarterback but you should really think about signing Baker Mayfield to compete against him. Jerry? Jerry? What's so funny? Stop laughing. Wait. What's wrong with you now? Are you having a seizure? Jerry!!!"

Jerry was having a seizure when he paid Prescott.

Mayfield will be the starter in Seattle.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Absolutely, but I would prefer Jimmy Garappolo or Nick Foles.
Mayfield would compete, but Foles or Garappolo would easily outplay Dak and the change would finally occur in which Garrettocracy no longer exists in the locker room.
how is the battle coming along? are you off or still on the wagon? are you making your meetings on a regular basis. having a support group is the best way to fight the temptations.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Browns were so desperate to move on from Baker Mayfield they gave up three first round picks for Deshaun Watson, guaranteeing him $230 million and you have idiots who would rather have Mayfield as our starting QB.:lmao2:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Never happen in big D. Baker is too much competition for Dak. We like our guys. Which is one of the many reasons we won’t go back to the dance anytime soon.
baker is too much competition for DAK. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I guess you like losers. Baker Mayfield is an awesome person, who beat his girlfriend and is a total bust. his team gave up multiple picks to bring in a rapist to replace him, who may get suspended this year. that should tell you a lot.