News: Mayfield or Dak

stinkface

Reaction score
Might be top ten of the dumbest questions asked on this forum. Geez.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If we could bring Mayfield in to compete with Dak would you be for it or no? https://www.audacy.com/cbssportsrad...liQKcJrUQtuB3Do5o0MPK2F1R6Fk_8T_KT8BkvaaR1IkE

Mayfield, judging by mechanics, might be a hair better than than Dak, albeit the bar being low.
However, Dak is the king of maturity compared to flighty Mayfield.

Some things confuse and miff me about the lad Mayfield
*Mayfield's bizarre social activism on behalf of death row murderer Julius Jones who was ultimately granted clemency last November to spend life in prison. (Mayfield teared up talking about the killer.:rolleyes:)
Blokes, it is always good to defend the accused/vulnerable. But it always bothered me why Mayfield took time from his duties as a Brown to plead for a stranger's life.
It juat smacked of opportunism and vacuous celebrity activism.

*Then his suck-up open letter to Browns fans about how much he loved them and Cleveland (lovely Cleveland!) before he was godsmacked with the DeShawn Watson signing.

*Then the continual pouting.

*35 QBR in 14 games in 2021.

But overall all, me good lads and stout bland men, I think Mayfield is ... a bit unstable.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m wondering if Mayfield could’ve pulled off that slide in the playoff game? That was really some heads up football and a thing of beauty!

We would’ve never made the playoffs with Mayfield.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Absolutely, but I would prefer Jimmy Garappolo or Nick Foles.
Mayfield would compete, but Foles or Garappolo would easily outplay Dak and the change would finally occur in which Garrettocracy no longer exists in the locker room.
A good GM might grab any of the 3 for
1. quality bkup
2. light a fire under dak
3.scheme plays for that specific QB and use them in games frequently. Scheme plays for Something they do well.

However jones boys like their guys and will keep nooch and rush :laugh: :flagwave: :clap:
plus stevey is too cheap to pay any of them the minimum vet pay.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We would’ve never made the playoffs with Mayfield.
Not because he’s a better quarterback in my opinion. Because the competition doesn’t know his tendencies with us yet.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t see much difference between Baker Mayfield and Johnny Manziel.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Might be top ten of the dumbest questions asked on this forum. Geez.
But we thank you for cluttering up the thread with your empty and needless Mean Girl comment. Consider your day a success, harbor boy!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Baker would have something to prove, so he might be real motivated, or you could use cleveland dumping him to motivate him.
Same for Jimmy G

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You wonder why so many players get linked with the Cowboys?

Click bait.
:facepalm:

But this post/thread keeps you relevant. This way you smack your small forehead to show your indignation.( As if you have better things to do.)
You do have better things to do, don't yew?
Don't yew? https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXG-_gOev6xdAoTZoeI34Jo5snF4YwXO-arQ&usqp=CAU

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Those who picture Baker Mayfield as someone who would settle for being Dak's backup is kidding themselves. Neither would Jerry and Stephen be willing to pay what it might take to bring Mayfield into the Cowboys' fold as competition for Dak. Sorry, but this thread is laughable, at best. :rolleyes:

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I’m wondering if Mayfield could’ve pulled off that slide in the playoff game? That was really some heads up football and a thing of beauty!
Yeah thank god we have Dak when the season is on the line and he decides to.......slide?