Mazi Smith is a bust

JeffInDC

Reaction score
He had a 50 point jump from his average PFF grade. But, its the Giants so lets not get too excited.
I wonder what grades Daron Payne, Dalvin Tomlinson, and Harrison Phillips got against the Giants? Does anyone have a PFF account that can share that info?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder what grades Daron Payne, Dalvin Tomlinson, and Harrison Phillips got against the Giants? Does anyone have a PFF account that can share that info?
Wouldn't matter bc it is senseless comparing one isolated game and drawing conclusions about a career in progress. Mazi hasn't played consecutive good games in his career thus far. If he holds up against Pittsburgh, maybe we have something.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Wouldn't matter bc it is senseless comparing one isolated game and drawing conclusions about a career in progress. Mazi hasn't played consecutive good games in his career thus far. If he holds up against Pittsburgh, maybe we have something.
I ask this because the Giants had better success running the ball against those teams as a whole.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Anyone ready to admit this guy is pretty much a bust? He needed to step up this season and be a key for our run defense, but as we can see that's been an absolute failure so far
Timing is everything. This would have been a reasonable thread before last Thursday's game. After last Thursday's game, where we held the opponent to nearly 1 yard per carry, he probably should have been thrown a mulligan.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Timing is everything. This would have been a reasonable thread before last Thursday's game. After last Thursday's game, where we held the opponent to nearly 1 yard per carry, he probably should have been thrown a mulligan.
Read the thread date. This thread was started after the Ravens game

kskboys

Reaction score
Anyone ready to admit this guy is pretty much a bust? He needed to step up this season and be a key for our run defense, but as we can see that's been an absolute failure so far
Prolly, but too early to announce it. Why do you feel the need to preanoint him as a bust?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Read the thread date. This thread was started after the Ravens game
Thanks. I guess it got bumped up. At that time, I can't say he didn't deserve the criticism. Good to see him step up last week.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But they also ran for quite a bit more yards against those teams than they did against Dallas.
That is irrelevent. Obviously, the yards pile up with attempts. The important stat is YPC. A team that runs the ball 35 times for 100 yards is not running it more effectively than a team that runs the ball 20 times for 90 yards, even though 100 is more than 90.