Mazi Smith Weight Listed At 328

starfan1

Reaction score
Cool now do Damone Clark LVE Overshown as they were the LBs before injuries forced us to play Bell there.
nvmd I think he was being tongue and cheek. Im well aware our normal LB weigh more than 215

starfan1

Reaction score
I’m thinking he was weighing more than his listed 205. That’s ridiculously undersized for an LB.
Ya I think your right which makes it even dumber but injuries can force your hand I guess. hes listed as 218 earlier in the thread. I didnt want to sidetrack the thread I think @Coogiguy03 was being sarcastic in nature But Ill step out of it so the Mazi thread can continue

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ya I think your right which makes it even dumber but injuries can force your hand I guess. hes listed as 218 earlier in the thread. I didnt want to sidetrack the thread I think @Coogiguy03 was being sarcastic in nature But Ill step out of it so the Mazi thread can continue
There’s been jokes about the size of our LBs. We need size back there to help shed blocks and stop the run. Zimmer likes size. Overshown has added 15 pounds.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It might be a catch 22 with Mazi:

If he drops weight, he gets off the ball faster, but is robbed of his power.

Keep him at 330+ you retain his power but he is just too slow.

Pulling for the kid. I hope he fits Zimmers scheme and is able to help out in the trenches
If they all started at the same time I might agree but he was going a full tick after everyone last season. Timing is more of an issue than quickness at this point.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys have Mazi back on that Big Boy diet.

Screenshot-20240510-183323-Gallery.jpg

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Wow I didn't know digs was that big 6'1 205. He is bigger than some of our safeties. Zeke should try to get down to probably 220 or 215 and try to get some of his speed and quickness back.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Also did Daron Bland grow 2 inches? I thought he was 6'0. I am starting to question these numbers lol

J12B

Reaction score
Heard they are trying to get him down to 268 so he can play, DT, DE, LB, Safety, and RB.

This front office and coaching staff focuses on positional flex.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Wow I didn't know digs was that big 6'1 205. He is bigger than some of our safeties. Zeke should try to get down to probably 220 or 215 and try to get some of his speed and quickness back.
Donovan Wilson is the only one that is Diggs size at 6-0 204

Also did Daron Bland grow 2 inches? I thought he was 6'0. I am starting to question these numbers lol
Bland was 6-0 1/8 at the combine. So that one is fudged. Probably came from his college listing.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Roll my eyes at the idea that he decided to lose the weight himself and the team not knowing about it; so they obviously approved.
Bluntly speaking a player decided to either gain or lose a significant amount of weight and not telling the team about it is far fetched.
Seems clear to me the team told him to do it

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Why did we have him dropping weight only to add it back?
Because the organization would of been criticized for drafting a run stuffing DT in the 1st. The reason we drafted him was McClay's assertion that he had pass-rush potential. As @J12B mentioned, at 320+ it was probably seen as hampering his pass-rush, 3-tech/DE flex.