Mazi Smith Weight Listed At 328

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He was down to 319lbs for his Pro Day (323 combine), which was his last official weight. Hard to really say for sure what he weighed last year, just like I'm not sure he is 328lbs right now...
draftscout has him at 323 for both combine and the pro day. The 328 has never been used on a roster for him before from what I can tell. That makes me think it is his new or recent weight.

gtb1943

Reaction score
draftscout has him at 323 for both combine and the pro day. The 328 has never been used on a roster for him before from what I can tell. That makes me think it is his new or recent weight.
And for such huge athletes like that five pounds or so can go on or off pretty easily

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think the point people are trying to make although I can't read the dudes I got blocked that you're talking to it's size matters but it matters more that you have size with the strength and enough technique to play football because you just can't put any £350 person there in the middle they have to know the nuances of the game they have to have a high motor they have to have the energy to do that all game when they're called upon....

So as much as the job is his right now that kid we brought in from Auburn at big dude can't remember his name he may have just as much of a chance to be the starting nose tackle here I mean that is what they're gonna have to show in preseason games I don't know how training camps gonna work that out but I guess it'd be a hell of a battle between our new center who looks like a low center of gravity nasty no neck guy who's not gonna be moved easily so we'll find out....

And I don't believe for a minute all the weight loss nonsense that's a rumor we don't know how much weight he actually lost because they made him we don't know what his actual playing weight actually was he could have just naturally lost weight because he's kind of muscly he's kind of built a little like Tyrone Smith you know he's big but he's not fat and maybe he just burns wait just by practice and playing so some of it's overblown so I'm not sure how much we can put on the fact that he gained this weight back now what's he going to look like game one and then the middle of the season it's body does it just burn fat....
Of course I was exaggerating a bit due to the lack of an NFL caliber DT here for so many years. Hankins was old, but he was big and served as a sort of a bridge. A bridge to who, who knows but GET ONE!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
It is the Cowboys way to make excuses for the players. Especially high draft picks. As usual there is no accountability.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Anyone who loses too much weight in a short period of time is going to have strength issues. The body will eat the muscle to sustain itself.
Of course. My point was that heavy Mazi and lighter Mazi were the same.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there was another player in history (besides being out of shape) where weight was the determinant factor for success? That really the narrative we are going for about Mazi? So he wasn’t good at 300 but will be better at 328? Really? I am not going to completely bury a rookie NT but Mazi was painfully slow off the snap. Showed terrible feet. Terrible technique. Not sure he could approach 40 snaps a game without keeling over. That’s football not how much he weighs. Michigan DL have been rough on this franchise. Maybe they have another bust. This year will determine that.
The problem here is anyone says he wasn't good literally had the same stats that Jordan Davis had with the Eagles his rookie year big Jordan Davis went 13th overall and didn't have a good rookie season so when someone States and opinion because the guy didn't have much of A stat sheet didn't show much as a rookie that doesn't mean he won't get better the next year it probably did have a lot to do with his weight and I think how much weight he lost his overblown nobody saw his scale game one the game 17 or from the beginning of training camp and so on and so forth so yeah the weight probably wasn't a problem with the fact he's a rookie nose tackle in this league which we find a lot of rookie nose tackles don't play very well they're rookie years and some don't peak like show out their actual talent until year 3.... Let me be clear the dude is not a three tech he's a one tech he's a pure nose tackle he's a space eater he's not supposed to be quick off the first step he's not rushing the passer that is not his job that's nice every once in a while when one of those big uglies gets a sack it's usually a covered sack or someone chased the quarterback into them we need him to eat either 2 gaps or two guys and be better at stopping the run he was not terrible by any means if you go compare his rookie year to Jordan Davis who has taken way higher and you wanna talk about Howie Roseman why would you take a dude 13th overall as a nose tackle that was dumb...

So let's give this guy a chance... He gets to possibly reinvent himself got a new scheme and a new voice in the room someone not making him lose weight or however that even went down we'll see how he does in this new defense with maybe a couple better linebackers behind them because they work together I know it's better to have a better defensive tackle to help the linebackers but let's let this kid try to grow before we act like he can't...

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
I doubt these are updated weights. Patrik no C said he was currently 305 and his target weight was classified. We can’t go by these “listed as” measurables.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I doubt these are updated weights. Patrik no C said he was currently 305 and his target weight was classified. We can’t go by these “listed as” measurables.

Mazi is 305, Rogers said he’s at 320 and Daxon looks like he weighs as much as Rogers

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Daxon was 318 at the combine and his pro day.
According to Dane Brugler’s The Beast, he was 304 at his Pro Day…probably why Dallas lists him at that weight. But, he looked “on par” with Rogers in the few pics they were near each other. COACH ZGONINA HOWEVER!!!!!! That dude looks a old-man jacked 325.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
doesn't always play like it
Clark will be moving outside, playing less middle tech.
He has mad size and closing speed but he has been asked to this from the inside.
If we have our ILBs covered in Z's scheme, then 33 can roam like a mad hitting machine, at his size and edge speed.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well I hate to say it but so far it looks like Mazi is neither big nor bad. Pretty sure we might get something out of him in his contract year if we can tolerate him on the roster for that long. D Flaw has taught him well.
Give Z a chance with him.
Q basically changed Mazis entire bio metric, I don't know what to believe anymore.
Was it something physical perhaps medical being disguised or was it just an unbelievable horrible decision to make our 1st rounder drop that much weight.
You cant make this stuff up ...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
According to Dane Brugler’s The Beast, he was 304 at his Pro Day…probably why Dallas lists him at that weight. But, he looked “on par” with Rogers in the few pics they were near each other. COACH ZGONINA HOWEVER!!!!!! That dude looks a old-man jacked 325.
Usually the team site just takes the listings from their college rosters which are usually wrong. I think a bad weight got put out at the pro day. Draft scout has the 318 weight.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Usually the team site just takes the listings from their college rosters which are usually wrong. I think a bad weight got put out at the pro day. Draft scout has the 318 weight.
If Rogers says he’s 320, Daxon DEFINITELY looks 318.