Mazi's allergic to milk

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Cowboys DT Mazi Smith said his allergic reaction was to some milk he drank. He’s had allergic reactions before, so he knew how to handle the situation. “I’m a big guy, I eat a lot of food. I know the ropes when it comes to having an allergic reaction. You can’t panic.”

Smith said he’s feeling better now. He expects to practice the rest of the week. “Business as usual.”

Must be a pretty bad allergy if he had to be treated for it. Not just an intolerance. My daughter has a deadly peanut allergy, so I know how bad it can be.

gimmesix

Reaction score
k......soooo, Mazi, what happened? OBVIOUSLY, you don't know how. Be smarter man.
Some products have an allergen in it without you realizing it. You have to check things closely, and if you have a severe allergy, you can be affected by cross-contamination, which is not always included on the label.

For example, a lot of ice cream is processed on the same machinery that ones with peanuts in them are processed on, but ice cream makers are not required by law to include that information, only if they have peanuts in them. For those with a severe allergy like my daughters, the cross-contamination can lead to a deadly reaction.

We have to specifically look for ice cream that is either made in a peanut-free facility or clearly spells out possible sources of cross-contamination. Milk products could cross-contaminate something like a protein shake that you might think isn't supposed to contain milk.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, that's what I was trying to understand.

I mean milk is not easily confused with most other drinks and if he's only allergic to some but not all milk, maybe just avoid milk during the season all together.
I recommend A2 milk.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some products have an allergen in it without you realizing it. You have to check things closely, and if you have a severed allergy, you can be affected by cross-contamination, which is not always included on the label.

For example, a lot of ice cream is processed on the same machinery that ones with peanuts in them are processed on, but ice cream makers are not required by law to include that information, only if they have peanuts in them. For those with a severe allergy like my daughters, the cross-contamination can lead to a deadly reaction.
So shouldn't this guy know? High level college? Dallas Cowboys?

Suddenly he is chugging milk he should know he s allergic too?

Very weird just saying.

gimmesix

Reaction score
So shouldn't this guy know? High level college? Dallas Cowboys?

Suddenly he is chugging milk he should know he s allergic too?

Very weird just saying.
I doubt if he has a severe allergy to milk that he was chugging milk. He likely was chugging some kind of protein shake that he didn't think was supposed to contain milk. Or maybe even a smoothie that a teammate made without knowing or thinking about him having a milk allergy. In the end, it's on him to check, but it's not always easy to tell if you're not extremely careful.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt if he has a severe allergy to milk that he was chugging milk. He likely was chugging some kind of protein shake that he didn't think was supposed to contain milk. Or maybe even a smoothie that a teammate made without knowing or thinking about him having a milk allergy. In the end, it's on him to check, but it's not always easy to tell if you're not extremely careful.
This is Mazi Smith we're talking about here. I wouldn't be surprised if he was laying under a cow when this happened.

gimmesix

Reaction score

OK, this makes it seem like it was something in milk that he drank, not the milk itself. Not sure what that would be unless it is some kind of flavoring that contained an allergen.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I wouldn't jump to conclusions about it (although we love to do that here). When we were researching peanut allergies after learning about our daughter's, we read about a case concerning a college student who went into anaphylaxis and died after eating a muffin out of a vending machine. He had purchased the same type of muffin every day from that same vending machine, but this one was cross-contaminated with peanuts and killed him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Some products have an allergen in it without you realizing it. You have to check things closely, and if you have a severe allergy, you can be affected by cross-contamination, which is not always included on the label.

We have to specifically look for ice cream that is either made in a peanut-free facility or clearly spells out possible sources of cross-contamination. Milk products could cross-contaminate something like a protein shake that you might think isn't supposed to contain milk.
good points

Rayman70

Reaction score
6dAi.gif

Retro88

Reaction score
I wouldn't jump to conclusions about it (although we love to do that here). When we were researching peanut allergies after learning about our daughter's, we read about a case concerning a college student who went into anaphylaxis and died after eating a muffin out of a vending machine. He had purchased the same type of muffin every day from that same vending machine, but this one was cross-contaminated with peanuts and killed him.
Damn, that's beyond sad

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Somehow, his response made it a lot worse. Wait what? He’s had allergic reactions in the past? And he just drank the milk? lol.
Come on people -- he likely was getting coffee or something and they screwed up his order. He was in CA - he probably ordered something with oat milk but they used regular.

Stop making this out like he's stupid. Amazing that y'all go there first, rather than going for a more likely reason

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Cowboys DT Mazi Smith said his allergic reaction was to some milk he drank. He’s had allergic reactions before, so he knew how to handle the situation. “I’m a big guy, I eat a lot of food. I know the ropes when it comes to having an allergic reaction. You can’t panic.”

Smith said he’s feeling better now. He expects to practice the rest of the week. “Business as usual.”

I was born the same way as a baby. Could only keep down goat's milk. By the age of 10, I was able to drink regular milk. Now at age 53, if I drink milk or any milk products, it messes me up badly to where I at times have ended up in the ER. Mazi needs to stay away from milk products. Maybe goat's milk or non-dairy products might work for him?