McCarthy and Zimmer won't attend Combine

Chasing6

Reaction score
So if you are the Commanders, why would you invest money in stoping the run, when Dallas can't run the ball?

GM's build their teams to win their Division first. It is time for us to build our team to beat the Niners.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching Will with Commander free agency $'s would be fun to watch.
McClay is responsible for drafting Mazi. He’s the guy that pushed hardest for him in the war room. It’s all on video. So, let’s not pretend he doesn’t make some big mistakes either.

Chasing6

Reaction score
McClay is responsible for drafting Mazi. He’s the guy that pushed hardest for him in the war room. It’s all on video. So, let’s not pretend he doesn’t make some big mistakes either.
He was asked between two players. He picked one over the other. That does not mean it was his best player available.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He clearly stated that Mazi was a “plug and play” starter who would have an immediate impact. If that doesn’t qualify as wrong, I’m not sure what your bar might be.
Interesting. If he felt that way, do you think it was his idea for him to lose 30 lbs? Obviously, everybody was not on the same page here.

Does Plug and play sound like you need to lose 30 lbs or that you are ready to play now?

Does not sound like DQ was on board for a big run stuffing DT.

There is to a degree a self fulfilling prophecy, when a coach does not think someone will be successful. 1. Don't play them - can't be successful that way. 2. Ask them to be someone they are not - doomed to fail every time.

I am hopefully, Zimmer can get the best out of him whatever that may be moving forward.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Interesting. If he felt that way, do you think it was his idea for him to lose 30 lbs? Obviously, everybody was not on the same page here.

Does Plug and play sound like you need to lose 30 lbs or that you are ready to play now?

Does not sound like DQ was on board for a big run stuffing DT.

There is to a degree a self fulfilling prophecy, when a coach does not think someone will be successful. 1. Don't play them - can't be successful that way. 2. Ask them to be someone they are not - doomed to fail every time.

I am hopefully, Zimmer can get the best out of him whatever that may be moving forward.
That’s the better question and I don’t I see why it wasn’t or still hasn’t been asked by local media.

The front office has always seemed a bit allergic to DTs that don’t rush, but what did they expect of Mazi when they drafted him and what changed?

They have spent a first, a second and three thirds lately in an attempt to upgrade the position with next to pure failure as a result. Where’s the disconnect? What’s the plan to fix it?

Fair questions but several other major problems allow no mind to be paid to these type of things.

shabazz

Reaction score
He clearly stated that Mazi was a “plug and play” starter who would have an immediate impact. If that doesn’t qualify as wrong, I’m not sure what your bar might be.
Gonna have to keep Mazi plugged into the charger a bit longer before the play part starts, lol

Chasing6

Reaction score
That’s the better question and I don’t I see why it wasn’t or still hasn’t been asked by local media.

The front office has always seemed a bit allergic to DTs that don’t rush, but what did they expect of Mazi when they drafted him and what changed?

They have spent a first, a second and three thirds lately in an attempt to upgrade the position with next to pure failure as a result. Where’s the disconnect? What’s the plan to fix it?

Fair questions but several other major problems allow no mind to be paid to these type of things.
They need to just recognize they have no idea how to evaluate a DT and just get one in free agency. Stick to what you are good at. We are great at picking OLine early. Maybe we just draft OLine every year and then trade them out, when it comes time to a for a big pay day.

Mikexike

Reaction score
They need to just recognize they have no idea how to evaluate a DT and just get one in free agency. Stick to what you are good at. We are great at picking OLine early. Maybe we just draft OLine every year and then trade them out, when it comes time to a for a big pay day.
Can't go wrong with having a OL factory.

MikeT22

Reaction score
They aren't sitting on their hands. They will sign 2 linebackers and a defensive tackle. They aren't going to get caught short at linebacker this year.
Really? 2 LBs and a DT?

You know this how? Also will they be starters, bargain bin, or UDFA?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Really? 2 LBs and a DT?

You know this how? Also will they be starters, bargain bin, or UDFA?
OC, LB, RB first 3 rounds of the draft.

Impact DT in free agency.

Resign Tyrone Smith, and one of our 2 free agent CB's. I would be happy with that.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree with that. We will know what “all in” means in about 4-5 weeks.

If they essentially tell us the DT solution is like the third round of the draft, we will know where this is headed.

No need to wait until summer or fall. The 2024 result is going be determined in March.

The problem is it’s going to entail something that causes them much pain, so I’m not at all convinced it happens when all is said and done.