McCarthy and Zimmer won't attend Combine

Brax

Reaction score

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy and defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer will not be attending next week’s NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.

McCarthy: “Zim and I will have a full week together here and cover a lot of ground with things we’re working on. At the same time, we can still participate in the combine process and have direct contact through video calls and meetings, while having our coaches on the ground there as well.”

They aren’t needed when you have a master player evaluator in Jerry and who knows maybe his grandson will tag along to help him out. You don’t get much better than all those years of player acquisition why bother with the expense of bringing folks who don’t have his knowledge and experience.

rambo2

Reaction score
They aren’t needed when you have a master player evaluator in Jerry and who knows maybe his grandson will tag along to help him out. You don’t get much better than all those years of player acquisition why bother with the expense of bringing folks who don’t have his knowledge and experience.
Just when you think that have seen all of the dumb remarks and then something like this comes along.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ive said it before, my analogy is this, This franchise is ran like a used car dealership, with backyard mechanics and fringe salesmen, when we actually need Lamborghini sales expertise and mechanics. This is why the last 28 years, we ALWAYS fall just short. Its that extra mile we never go in our entire process. These Jackasses just do everything backwards.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
If they had a combine for knee rehab college players, I'd bet the Jones' would attend that though

Buzzbait

Reaction score
show me they are not heading out on the yacht at the beginning of FA
Show me that everyone is at the combine and they got senior people at player days
SHOW ME THE EFFORT.
"Show" me where their past attendance at the combine in the last 20 some years has got us to the Super Bowl or even close?
"Show" is mostly what combine attendance is for anyway. They don't learn anything at the combine that they didn't already know anyway. People are just using the combine issue as an excuse to vent.

Rayman70

Reaction score
meet our scouts that will be attending the combine.
giphy.gif
I feel Much better now guys.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
With all the self called GM’s and talent scouts on here. Who needs the combine.

Is anyone on here going. Probably none, but they will still give their opinions and be over critical. :muttley:
Exactly! With all the wisdom on the Zone, all they need to do is read the Zone, and we never went to the combine either! :laugh:
Actually though that just proves the point I made earlier, guys are just using that combine as an excuse to vent!
After all these years, the frustration and venting is understandable, but that's all it is. They have film on the guys they're interested
in and like you said, they DO have the Zone! :laugh:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
He deserves the credit for the successes and the blame for the failures. Fortunately, our drafting is on a pretty good level. We have some misses to complain about, but so does every team. If the rest of our player acquisition methods lived up to our draft level, we'd have a very solid roster.
Now, since McClay is over player personnel, the rest of the acquisitions are also his responsibility, but when you are given $1,000 and told to go buy the best car you can find, the expectations are different than if you'd been given $100,000. Of course, I'm not sure how much input McClay has into the Joneses' philosophy about bringing in free agents. For all I know, he could be a major proponent of it, which would make him just as guilty as they are of neglecting an area of roster building.
Excellent points gimme, and it would also make a huge difference if we were picking in the top 10 of the 1st round instead of 24th.
Not only that, but when you pick as late as 24th, if you're needing help then you'd better be planning on Free Agency and not just the cheap buys at the tail end. We've been picking late in the draft and either unable or unwilling to pay the price for the top talents in FA.
That's a double whammy.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Good we don't need anymore Schoonmaker's or Trysten Hills.
We don't have a Jimmy J or Parcells

Let McClay make the picks and the coaches coach.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Good we don't need anymore Schoonmaker's or Trysten Hills.
We don't have a Jimmy J or Parcells

Let McClay make the picks and the coaches coach.
Schoonmaker will be amazing once Ferguson is gone. We have no idea how to use 2 TE's at the same time. We did not even no who Ferguson was, that is how we got Schoonmaker in the first place.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Schoonmaker will be amazing once Ferguson is gone. We have no idea how to use 2 TE's at the same time. We did not even no who Ferguson was, that is how we got Schoonmaker in the first place.
I knew Ferguson was going to be good. I saw enough last year to know he had huge potential.

Unfortunately I'm not available, I have a company to run

Chasing6

Reaction score
I knew Ferguson was going to be good. I saw enough last year to know he had huge potential.

Unfortunately I'm not available, I have a company to run
It was hard not to see it. Unless you work for the Cowboys. So I will never be able to judge Schoonmaker fairly, knowing we have no idea how to use 2 TE's.

Maybe GM Jerry should add Belichick to his advisory board and figure it out.

Or just maybe watch some dam film of the Patriots.