McCarthy and Zimmer won't attend Combine

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys have enough qualified scouts to assess their needs well, without MM and Zimmer being present. They need to come up with plans to maximize their performance in the season yet to come.
That's exactly right. I like the idea of McCarthy and Zimmer putting their heads together and working from Frisco. Their jobs are on the line and their decades of experience can be put to good use during this time. They have a lot of personnel to be looking at. Veterans and rookies.

cowboyed

Reaction score
It's McCarthy's decision but he will be looking at film and video conferencing regarding potential draft prospects at the Combine. The important thing is McClay and whichever of his scouts will be there. Also McCarthy is not the only head coach to have ever not attended the Combine in person.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I'm afraid that's probably exactly what it means.
I doubt that. At 81 years of age Jerry would feel the pressure and be indecisive whether to order either a Big Mac or a quarter pounder at McDonalds.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It's McCarthy's decision but he will be looking at film and video conferencing regarding potential draft prospects at the Combine. The important thing is McClay and whichever of his scouts will be there. Also McCarthy is not the only head coach to have ever not attended the Combine in person.
Mike doesn’t run the draft.

He doesn’t have a say in personnel.

See the Lance trade.

Jerry didn’t even tell him.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
That stench you're smelling emanates from one William McClay. The guy who is getting the backup QB treatment that Stephen used to get years ago.

He sucks just like his two bosses.
I dont visit this site much anymore because of whiney little girls like you.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Makes no sense, you can't smell heart, intensity, and drive via teleconference and videos.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Mike doesn’t run the draft.

He doesn’t have a say in personnel.

See the Lance trade.

Jerry didn’t even tell him.
If he didn't have a say in personnel than why was McCarthy able to bring the majority of his own team when he came on board as head coach. There were also some he decided to retain like Moore and Lett. We don't know for sure if Jerry did or did not run Lance by him or if Stephen and McClay ran this by him instead. Whether Jerry did didn't, McCarthy certainly wasn't upset about Lance coming into the QB fold. He was the 12th pick of the draft in the first round by the 9rs. I am no fan of Jerry the GM because post 90s he and son Stephen were mediocre at best from a playoff opportunity standpoint. He is a figure head GM at 81 years of age and considering his physical and mental capacities. As owner Jerry likely is the roots and trunk of the decision tree. I just believe in not jumping to conclusions we want to embrace because as fans we are outsiders.

Brax

Reaction score
It's not possible to evaluate Will unless we had the entire draft board in front of us. Then we can actually see the quality of the process by seeing hwo they thought were the best players at their positions after a few seasons in the league.

We can also see very clearly what situations were a pick for need, and which ones were based on their best player available evals.
Think boss man phat, and wonder picks like that. Do they hit a few, sure but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally. The drafts are more about getting lucky for the Cowboys

Brax

Reaction score

RonWashington

Reaction score
McClay does nail it.

Stay home. Let Will find the Kelvin Josephs, Trysten Hills, Taco Charltons, Chauncey Golstons, Nahshon Wrights, etc. The man has a gift for it.

Josh Ball Connor McGovern & Sam Williams ran into a punter last night at the mall etc etc

Chasing6

Reaction score
:hammer: .......Yet their gonna roll with this crapshow once again because they have no answers.
I don't think Scouts make decisions during the draft. They help set the board and obviously give their opinions. Defensive coaches want defensive players and no difference with offensive coaches.

I am sure behind the scenes they are fighting it out. Most likely similar with position coaches. This year I am sure our Dline coach wants a DT and our LB coach wants a LB in round 1.

Taking best player available sounds great, but how often does that really happen?

At the end of the day the GM and HC are making the decision. I am sure they adjust their big board however they see fit, from what was originally presented to them from the Scout team.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Roster full of pro bowlers that they drafted. Can you name a team that has more?
You are one who blamed the defense on every loss that Dak didn’t show for… i would think you of all people would want our top coaches at the combine to see if we can improve on both sides of the ball … no?