McCarthy confirms Trey Lance to get bulk of work in preseason

Chasing6

Reaction score
What's the real reason

1. See what they have in him as a backup
2. Showcase him off to other teams
3. Use this as a tool to not sign Dak?
4. See if he's the new starter whenever
I think we all now the real reason and it did not work. In fact, none of the above are going to work either.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wonder what other teams and organizations give the bulk of the work to their 3rd string QB?

I wonder how this not only makes Dak, but Rush feel?

Why would Dak have any interest in resigning with the Cowboys at this point?

I wonder how this gets our first string offense in rhythm and ready to go for week 1?

Only in Jerry World.
I wonder how this gets our first string offense in rhythm and ready to go for week 1?

Is training camp over already? What the hell did Lance do to you or someone you know? I have never seen anyone so bitter over a young player. Yeah, like you told the other guy, you must be special!

TheCritic

Reaction score
LOL how do you some of you sleep at night? As if you've never heard of a team developing a Plan B QB. The Cowboys are doing exactly what every team should be doing. Rare it is that a team would have the fortune to develop a QB with 1st/2nd round potential for the price of a 4th round pick and have the luxury of taking their time to do it right. If you question that, there is something seriously wrong with you!

jujoboys

Reaction score
I wonder what other teams and organizations give the bulk of the work to their 3rd string QB?

Only in Jerry World.
Dak never plays in the preseason games so nothing has changed for him. McCarthy said Lance would get the bulk of the work in PRESEASON games. This really only affects Cooper Rush.

ATXSRT

Reaction score

Only in Jerry World.
Do you not watch football. Prescott hasn't appeared in preseason in some time now.

jujoboys

Reaction score

Is training camp over already? What the hell did Lance do to you or someone you know? I have never seen anyone so bitter over a young player. Yeah, like you told the other guy, you must be special!
He is confused. McCarthy said that Lance would get the bulk of the work in preseason games. I think he misread or misinterpreted it to say that Lance will get the bulk of the work in the offseason. Regardless, I can't remember the last time Dak played in a preseason game so he could probably care less whether Rush or Lance get the bulk of the preseason snaps.

rambo2

Reaction score
McCarthy confirms what GM Jethro has instructed him to do.
Anybody with any sense knew long ago what they would do with Lance in this preseason. Of course, they are going to play him and probably make him an offer to sign him.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So the tweak to is three motion was based on timing? I don’t see the big deal about that MM so she can see the difference so it must be working. We’ll see how he looks in preseason.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Showcasing Trey Lance in these preseason games is how they demolish Dak's leverage at the negotiation table. If Trey Lance puts on a good showing Dak's only counterpunch will be an NFC championship. It's a win-win for us Cowboys fans.
Why would a top 3 overall pick in year 4 not play extremely well against rookies and undrafted players???

Chasing6

Reaction score
I sure hope you are right. Every Cowboys' fan out there should be hoping that Lance does well. It gives the team more options.
Regardless how he plays. How does it give the team more options?

Let's say he has the best performance any one has ever had in preseason.

1. He is still a free agent next year.
2. No one will trade for him at the end of preseason. Too late in the year.

The only option is he could potentially compete for a starting job if/when Dak leaves next year. Which requires him being resigned, with no other QB on the roster and most likely a late 1st round draft pick. So who will have the leverage? GM Jethro or Trance and his agent.

Our GM is an idiot!!!

What team has all 3 QB's expiring at the same time?

That is really the only potential option.