Twitter: McCarthy: "I’ve gone out of my way to not make Kellen feel like I’m trying to step on his toes"

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We'll see.

If it was my decision McCarthy would be the playcaller.

I don't know how much of a detriment Garrett was to Kellen Moore. I just know I saw great playcalling weeks 1-3 last year and we went to New Orleans and went into a complete shell offensively.

Everything is sunshine right now. We will see if we have a trendy up to date NFL offense soon enough.

This. We will see how long this lasts. I'm glad to see that McCarthy has trust in Moore. That's a good sign.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
If I'm the head coach I'll step on whose ever toes I want. Becsuse at the end of the day it all falls in me. So to me it's not a knock on Garrett. Its Jerry poking his influence into the coaching ranks again. We all know Moore is Jerry's boy and this is that friend of the family special treatment being extended to Moore.

Remember how Garrett had that friend of the family special treatment when Wade was here. Well we're seeing the same thing with Moore now. So McCarthy might be gone before Moore. And Moore will more than likely be Dallas' next head coach.

75boyz

Reaction score
McCarthy is doing the right thing. With the limited preseason and no preseason games, it would have been near impossible for him to completely change out the offense without creating massive amounts of confusion. But since we are keeping the system and playcaller the vets know, it should go smoothly this year.

Kellen succeeds and it looks good on McCarthy as HC. Kellen fails to live up to the hype, and McCarthy takes over. If the offense gets better then, McCarthy is the hero.

Also, it is too early for Jerry to pull a Wade/Garrett maneuver on him so McCarthy should be safe for a couple years at least from that. Now after a few years, Mike better watch his back in case Kellen becomes Garrett 2.0 but for now it's all good.

Truly agree with a great majority of your post here. Although my own Garrett/Wade replay scenario actually goes to if this season were to go south on coach Mike then your couple of years down the road opinion be sped up to even fired after this year and succeeded by Moore.
All in the name of Jerry.

Again, nice post bro, Glad to know there's at least one more conspiracy theorist fan who cant let go that its still the same credit addict billionaire running this whole mess, lol.

Go Cowboys

75boyz

Reaction score
If I'm the head coach I'll step on whose ever toes I want. Becsuse at the end of the day it all falls in me. So to me it's not a knock on Garrett. Its Jerry poking his influence into the coaching ranks again. We all know Moore is Jerry's boy and this is that friend of the family special treatment being extended to Moore.

Remember how Garrett had that friend of the family special treatment when Wade was here. Well we're seeing the same thing with Moore now. So McCarthy might be gone before Moore. And Moore will more than likely be Dallas' next head coach.

Wow,
Just responded to Dhragon's post who shared similar thoughts.
Your opinion here aligns exactly with my way of thinking.
Guess there are a couple who share my "coach in training part II" opinion after all.

Appreciate your post.

Go Cowboys

TWOK11

Reaction score
We'll see.

I don't know how much of a detriment Garrett was to Kellen Moore. I just know I saw great playcalling weeks 1-3 last year and we went to New Orleans and went into a complete shell offensively.

Everything is sunshine right now. We will see if we have a trendy up to date NFL offense soon enough.

McCarthy became EXTREMELY one dimensional during the back half of his time in GB. Granted he didn’t have much talent at RB, but he basically relied on his HOF QB to make plays.

I don’t think he’s clearly a better playcaller than Moore at this point.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That's a knock on Garrett. Deep down McCarthy knew that Garrett's coaching style was a complete failure. But he didn't want to say anything bad about Garrett.

Not only does McCarthy want to put players in a position to succeed, but also his assistant coaches.

Garrett is the worst thing to happen to the Cowboys this past decade. Not only was he a yes man. He threw people under the bus to save his job.

Thank the NFL gods that he is gone for good.

Exactly. Hopefully, this will be the last reboot. Hopefully ,we have a great time with McCarthy as our coach.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We'll see.

I think the toe-stepping will start the minute the offense doesn't live up to expectations. No need to reign in Moore if the offense is working.

I am curious to know exactly what has been added by McCarthy. I'm not sure we're going to know when we see a successful play whether McCarthy added it or Moore did.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Should’ve just made Moore the HC, then. Team doesn’t need another walk around do nothing HC.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's interesting to see McCarthy go out of his way to accommodate Kellen Moore. This says a great deal about what he thinks about Kellen. I'm hoping this translates into some crazy good offense on display this season. :thumbup:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Big Mile doesn’t get to make that decision.

KMoore runs the offense.

Per Jerry Jones.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
As long as Mike has say in whether we run/pass or a particular play towards the end of games then I'm good with it. Be a damn head coach. Dont be like that sissy Garrett and say Kellen called the play at the end of the game.

Aven8

Reaction score
Statue of Liberty call at the goal line baby!!!!!!

finally! :)

Big_D

Reaction score
As long as Mike has say in whether we run/pass or a particular play towards the end of games then I'm good with it. Be a damn head coach. Dont be like that sissy Garrett and say Kellen called the play at the end of the game.

Yup as long as the HC can play situational football. Something the previous coach sucked at. Ultimately McCarthy and Moore will get on the same page.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We'll see.

boa-Bx00-ZV8-Sq-I.gif

erod

Reaction score
McCarthy was at odds with Farve and Rodgers over playcalling in Green Bay. They audibled out of his calls all the time.