Twitter: McCarthy: "I’ve gone out of my way to not make Kellen feel like I’m trying to step on his toes"

75boyz

Reaction score
Then there is the other side of the coin for some fans.

Me included.

They want no part with anymore feeble attempts to make a star coach from a lump of coal like Jones tried for 10 years to do with Garrett.

McCarthy needs to stop letting Jerrah interfere with coaches and stuff. Moore has proven nothing at all in his career as a player or a coach. I think McCarthy is getting paid..

What? Garrett was paid $8 mil a year. Big Mike has to be getting $10+mil a year to replace him.

Garrett was supposed to be the playcaller when he first took the job. Then Jerrah decided calling plays was too much and Garrett needed to focus on just being a HC.

Then he fired Garrett, hires Big Mike to be HC and call the plays and then Big Mike does a Crazy Ivan and decides he will not call plays. He rehired Moore.

This is extremely disappointing.

This was Jerrah's idea.

He likes Moore and sees Jason Garrett in him.

God help us.

:huh:

Yep, I hear ya bro. Since day one of McCarthy's hiring, this has been my stance as well.

Hoping for things to change in CowboyLand is easier than accepting what is inevitably unchanged in how things are done.

The rest is window dressing.

Go Cowboys

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Generally..

I would say we stop ourselves.

But that's another thread for probably mid-season.

We shall see.

I am being pissy right now. Do not like the season at all so far.

It ain't you or your comments. Apologies.

All good Redball. With this pandemic and the way the season is panning out, I'm gonna agree with you here.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Good ...... We don't need a coach out there on crutches with a squashed foot

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
You don't think McCarthy has any input on this offense?

Mike Comments: There's common concepts that were run here in the past that I've run for 20-plus years in this league, and then there's concepts that I didn't run in my past that were run here that I think are exceptional, so we'll run those," he said. "And there's some things that I have history in that weren't run here that we put in. That's really what it came down to."

I think the notion that McCarthy is going to sit back and do nothing is not realistic, I fully expect him to be in on what they are doing and what he expects out of his OC and as far as that goes and I think Moore is smart enough to work with McCarthy as they are putting in things McCarthy has done again that is from Mike himself. Moore has been in Dallas a total of what 2 years a HC and this his 1st without Garrett but he will continue to run Garrett offense? WHY his overall back ground goes beyond 2 years
Thank you. Mike is going to have plenty of input into what they do on offense. He just had to learn the terminology so all the players didn’t have to change.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
MM wouldn’t have kept Moore on as the offensive coordinator if he didn’t think that he was an excellent coach. He led the offense last year to one of the best years ever and that’s with Garrett the governor micro managing him.

Big Mike doesn’t make player/coach personnel decisions.

that duty belongs to the Jones family.

jerry wants the kid running the offense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Booger wanted to keep Moore and that was conditional for any new HC, why did he let him leave and possibly take the WA job because he was close to returning home and taking that job.

And why would he want to keep Moore on under another HC? He let him hire all of his other coaches but makes him keep this one? I don't buy it. If you think he's tapped Moore as the DC HC of the future I don't buy that either.

I do think Moore was discussed in that 12 hour interview and maybe McC's interest was one of the reasons Booger was sold. McC retains the right to take back the signal calling as Fassel did from Payton, if he thinks that's necessary.

I think some of HC's grow tired of wearing two hats and the time that have to allot to the coordinator's job as that steals time during a game. While the O is on the sideline, the OC is still thinking O and not focused on the entire team unless he has strong coordinators that he trusts. Reid is an exception but he's had really strong DC's.

75boyz

Reaction score
If Booger wanted to keep Moore and that was conditional for any new HC, why did he let him leave and possibly take the WA job because he was close to returning home and taking that job.

And why would he want to keep Moore on under another HC? He let him hire all of his other coaches but makes him keep this one? I don't buy it. If you think he's tapped Moore as the DC HC of the future I don't buy that either.

I do think Moore was discussed in that 12 hour interview and maybe McC's interest was one of the reasons Booger was sold. McC retains the right to take back the signal calling as Fassel did from Payton, if he thinks that's necessary.

I think some of HC's grow tired of wearing two hats and the time that have to allot to the coordinator's job as that steals time during a game. While the O is on the sideline, the OC is still thinking O and not focused on the entire team unless he has strong coordinators that he trusts. Reid is an exception but he's had really strong DC's.

This all sounds logical enough but it's just too close to home for me to shrug this scenario off as mere coincidence in that the OC/HC situation is similar.to the past Wade/Garrett fiasco.

If it looks like a duck...Oh never mind, lol

Different opinion, no worries

Go Cowboys

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This all sounds logical enough but it's just too close to home for me to shrug this scenario off as mere coincidence in that the OC/HC situation is similar.to the past Wade/Garrett fiasco.

If it looks like a duck...Oh never mind, lol

Different opinion, no worries

Go Cowboys
Well, there is his history for liking to be involved in the fun stuff. I'd say anything is possible with an autocrat like Booger.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Big Mike doesn’t make player/coach personnel decisions.

that duty belongs to the Jones family.

jerry wants the kid running the offense.
:lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2:You have no clue. The coaching hires were ALL MM. where have you been?

Brax

Reaction score
I actually applaud him for doing it. Its obvious to me that Moore is one of the up and coming great young minds in the NFL for offense. Controlling the offense all on his own was an issue at his last post. For him to learn from his mistakes and do the right thing for the team is impressive.

Clearly Garrett fought everything and there was problems and fiefdoms all throughout the coaching staff.
So MM a offensive genius is letting Jerry's new boy genius run the Linehan offense and not interfering because of how good it was but you say JG ruined it last year, what a screwed up take. This whole thing has Jerry stink all over it or MM is setting up KM for a big fall from grace. Should be a great year to watch to see what the truth turns out to be.

75boyz

Reaction score
So MM a offensive genius is letting Jerry's new boy genius run the Linehan offense and not interfering because of how good it was but you say JG ruined it last year, what a screwed up take. This whole thing has Jerry stink all over it or MM is setting up KM for a big fall from grace. Should be a great year to watch to see what the truth turns out to be.

I fully endorse this opinion.

Go Cowboys