McCarthy is happy with Trey Lance, and so is Jerry

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
needs to hit up Brady, learn how to study film, read defenses, will help with his decision making. Also need to get tons of reps throwing the ball, only thing that can increase his accuracy, if anything can.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So you don't see 5 Ints as a negative? Jerry, is that you?
Not in that game or situation. Depends on how you analyze it.
You cant compare PS games to regular season games.
Also Mike is making him play like a pocket passer, and that isnt what he is.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Appeal to authority…..I’d say the zone board probably could collectively draft and evaluate talent just as well if not better than the morons running the team…
And if you laugh, ask yourself could they do any worse?
Oh yes they could do much worse. As many complain a year after the fact in hindsight.
Others would dump a player that took several years to develop or to play better if they had one bad game or even one bad play.

Some would never give a player a 2nd contract even if deserved. And those same ones say Jerry is cheap.

And I AM NOT defending the FO either. They have their share of stupidity.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Oh yes they could do much worse. As many complain a year after the fact in hindsight.
Others would dump a player that took several years to develop or to play better if they had one bad game or even one bad play.

Some would never give a player a 2nd contract even if deserved. And those same ones say Jerry is cheap.

And I AM NOT defending the FO either. They have their share of stupidity.
There is no more validity to your claim than his since we cannot ever try this experiment. It could very well be that there are many on this forum that would have produced better results than Jerry has in the 21st Century. They just simply weren't born rich enough to buy the team.

A lot of players do not deserve a second contract just because Jerry picked them or they wear the laundry you like the best. It isn't about being cheap, it's about winning SBs.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Nah, I just proved that on Earth 616, it's possible. It might be possible for our team too...so there's that. You just lack imagination. As you said, the Browns are STUCK with him...another "starter" that Rush could easily replace if need be. Perhaps now you are getting my point.

Note, you keep CONFLATING "start" with "starter" with "franchise".
Bro, I honestly have no clue what you are going on about so how about I just say okay, I get it? In your world I guess there is a chance I can start for the Brownies as well. Be right back, going to make that call.

Cheers

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did Darnold actually beat him out? Don’t recall Darnold have far superior numbers last preseason, but do remember them being equal with Trey costing them more than Darnold and only playing Trey for trade value. Just pointing out everyone says Darold beat him out but it’s like no one watched San Fran games last preseason.
Here’s the big x score for each game and as you can see Lance didn’t get beat out

Just curious did you see Shanahans quote?

Proof

Reaction score
It's not my fault you can't comprehend what I said. It's pretty telling that this is what you do to make yourself feel better. You don't seek understanding, you seek domination. It wasn't even my main point...but still...again...you are asking me to prove something I never claimed.

So yeah...I'll just regard this as you waving the white flag - AGAIN. :)
you did claim it, you've just back pedaled and shifted your argument. and even still it's not a credible argument. and you just keep doubling and tripling down. it's hilarious honestly.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
you did claim it, you've just back pedaled and shifted your argument. and even still it's not a credible argument. and you just keep doubling and tripling down. it's hilarious honestly.
Quote me then. Actually, I'll do it for you.

That's no dis. Cooper Rush is a top backup in the league..which by definition means he can start for about half the league

Perhaps your definition of a top backup is different than mine. Or perhaps you too are smarting from a prior spanking and jumped in without looking.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Bro, I honestly have no clue what you are going on about so how about I just say okay, I get it? In your world I guess there is a chance I can start for the Brownies as well. Be right back, going to make that call.

Cheers
You are the one who kept after me to "produce 15 teams he could start on". I am just now getting that there is a comprehension issue going with my post. And it seems to be particularly with those who WANT to be confused about what I was saying. It's to have something to bang on about when Dak is inevitably screwing up. I never said Rush was outcompeting or taking anyone's job...just that there is a QB carousel and most of these guys won't finish the season and a guy like Rush can come in and win. Trey can't do that right now, but that's no dis because many of the same guys you and other posters already admitted they probably won't finish the season (Deshawn Watson, Menshew, Carr, etc.)...and that's not even counting rookies who will flame out. That's my point. If you keep asking me to produce 15 guys whose job he can take you are asking me to prove something that I didn't claim. My point was Rush is no slouch...which if you have that opinion then say THAT...because THAT was my point.

Proof

Reaction score
Quote me then. Actually, I'll do it for you.

That's no dis. Cooper Rush is a top backup in the league..which by definition means he can start for about half the league

Perhaps your definition of a top backup is different than mine. Or perhaps you too are smarting from a prior spanking and jumped in without looking.
smarting from a prior spanking. it just gets funnier as it goes on. the delusion

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Maybe. But the fact the sat Rush on Saturday tells me Rush won’t be cut. You don’t sit guys you plan on cutting you usually let them get some tape.
they have cut rush in past and always get him back. They know what he is.
If they cut lance they may not get him back, and they have already paid for him so dont want to cut him.
Jerry is going to keep lance regardless of what we think.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It’s funny the same people who are overly critical of Dak all of a sudden are understanding lol.
Dak has played 100 reg season games here.
Lance has played 3 pre season games here.

Do you not see the difference ?
Dak is what he has been over the years, people dont have hope with him now.
but with lance people have hope he will get better with time and playing more.

Dak and Lance are not in competition for starting role.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
they have cut rush in past and always get him back. They know what he is.
If they cut lance they may not get him back, and they have already paid for him so dont want to cut him.
Jerry is going to keep lance regardless of what we think.
I never said he wasn’t. I just said they aren’t cutting Rush. Lance will be here as a third string. They have to validate their waste of a 4th rounder…..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak has played 100 reg season games here.
Lance has played 3 pre season games here.

Do you not see the difference ?
Dak is what he has been over the years, people dont have hope with him now.
but with lance people have hope he will get better with time and playing more.

Dak and Lance are not in competition for starting role.
What hope you have? He’s sucked for 4 years? He just threw 5 interceptions against crap competition in preseason. He can’t play quarterback. Kyle Shanahan told you that Sam Darnold was better. What proof you need? Jerry to tell you?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It’s a great idea. Nonetheless, it will be Dak and Elliot, and I hope they can beat the Browns. It won’t be easy. That team has a bone to pick. Bad opener, especially on the road. Thankfully, no chance Philly beats the Packers. No matter what country the game is played in.
It is crazy for nfl to have these out of country games for regular season games.
I dont see the point for it. Just more greed I guess.

I saw deshaun, and he seems to be healthy and has matured, involved in community etc. So maybe he will be better player than even when in houston.
Chubb probably wont be ready, but they have a guy # 27 who is pretty good.
I favor browns as they are at home no travel, dallas has to travel, play in open stadium with grass , which they usually dont do well in those games.
Either team could win though.

morat1959

Reaction score
Typical Jerry football. Let’s groom another Dak with nothing between the ears at QB. His legs are the only thing that separate him from Dak. Just like Dak, his process ability is slow and will never change. Go into the dang draft and take a shot on a franchise QB. The circus continues and the wheels on the bus go round and round.