McCarthy is happy with Trey Lance, and so is Jerry

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
You are the one who kept after me to "produce 15 teams he could start on". I am just now getting that there is a comprehension issue going with my post. And it seems to be particularly with those who WANT to be confused about what I was saying. It's to have something to bang on about when Dak is inevitably screwing up. I never said Rush was outcompeting or taking anyone's job...just that there is a QB carousel and most of these guys won't finish the season and a guy like Rush can come in and win. Trey can't do that right now, but that's no dis because many of the same guys you and other posters already admitted they probably won't finish the season (Deshawn Watson, Menshew, Carr, etc.)...and that's not even counting rookies who will flame out. That's my point. If you keep asking me to produce 15 guys whose job he can take you are asking me to prove something that I didn't claim. My point was Rush is no slouch...which if you have that opinion then say THAT...because THAT was my point.
Okay, gotcha. I never said Rush is no slouch he is an effective stop-gap backup QB that can do this job on any team in the NFL. Rookies will flame out, vets will get hurt, and that is what makes an effective part of a team that can fill in during "transition." You can lump him into the Minshew, Brisett type of QB's and that's where Cooper Rush belong...nowhere else

Proof

Reaction score
You could just stay on topic and make your point. But as I stated the point was ME, not football, Lance or Rush...
i mean the reality is on a msg board full of input from hundreds of posters, topics are fluid. there were 20+ posts involving you about you and your cooper rush take and then parading around like you’d won something. i found it entertaining and commented. that’s how this works

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What hope you have? He’s sucked for 4 years? He just threw 5 interceptions against crap competition in preseason. He can’t play quarterback. Kyle Shanahan told you that Sam Darnold was better. What proof you need? Jerry to tell you?
I like to make up my own mind on players.
Shanahan isnt all that bright himself.
Jerry is a moron .
So yeah I will judge trey in my own way.

I dont really care about his time in SF, just what he does here.
Trey had 2 games with no int, then boom 5, and it seemed to me like mike was telling him to just throw it,so he did.
Mike is a idiot too lol.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

The Cowboys understand that Trey Lance needs game time, but they appear very satisfied with his progress to date.

"He continually gets better every time you give him a chance," McCarthy told reporters via The Athletic's Jon Machota. "I think that says a lot about him. He's just a young guy that needs to play. I think he'll play in this league for a long time." (AZ Sports)

As far as Jerry Jones, he was quoted as saying, “I saw some good, and I saw some things you’d like to have back,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said, per Pro Football Talk. “I hate that those five interceptions are going to be a stat on a game that I couldn’t have asked for more reps and a better situation to watch him play. He needed that because the one thing he’s missing more than anything is the lack of reps much less NFL reps. Certainly, we’re planning on him being on our roster for sure.”(Trevor Woods,Yardbarker)

Yesterday's outing was more than likely one in which Lance was encouraged to take chances in order to learn what he could and couldn't do.

Jerry was also happy with Jason Garrett too......... :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like to make up my own mind on players.
Shanahan isnt all that bright himself.
Jerry is a moron .
So yeah I will judge trey in my own way.

I dont really care about his time in SF, just what he does here.
Trey had 2 games with no int, then boom 5, and it seemed to me like mike was telling him to just throw it,so he did.
Mike is an idiot too lol.
Everyone is a idiot including the person who tried to develop and the one who’s developing him now lol.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Okay, gotcha. I never said Rush is no slouch he is an effective stop-gap backup QB that can do this job on any team in the NFL. Rookies will flame out, vets will get hurt, and that is what makes an effective part of a team that can fill in during "transition." You can lump him into the Minshew, Brisett type of QB's and that's where Cooper Rush belong...nowhere else
So Rush will be on the 48 man game day roster vs. Cleveland with Lance dressed as emergency QB only?

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Just curious did you see Shanahans quote?
Facts are what I stated and posted. Numbers don’t lie as you as a dak homer should know. Eye test doesn’t mean squat otherwise Dakota would’ve been gone long ago. His stats are what yall homers go by so I’m giving you a dose of your own medicine. Stats say they were equal, those are facts and not based on Shan’s opinions. He’s a great coach, but he’s human like all of us who stares Dak doesn’t pass the eye test;). Hope that helps

Wangchung83

Reaction score
What hope you have? He’s sucked for 4 years? He just threw 5 interceptions against crap competition in preseason. He can’t play quarterback. Kyle Shanahan told you that Sam Darnold was better. What proof you need? Jerry to tell you?
Lance hasn’t played 4 years either. Check his wiki or something. He played 2 games as a starter his first year 2021, played a few more 2022. Sat the bench last year and this is him going into 4th year. By your logic Dak has played nine years but in reality this is his ninth year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lance hasn’t played 4 years either. Check his wiki or something. He played 2 games as a starter his first year 2021, played a few more 2022. Sat the bench last year and this is him going into 4th year. By your logic Dak has played nine years but in reality this is his ninth year.
This is Lance's 4th year. Check a wiki or something. There are players who are entering in the league and didn't throw 5 picks in one preseason game.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Facts are what I stated and posted. Numbers don’t lie as you as a dak homer should know. Eye test doesn’t mean squat otherwise Dakota would’ve been gone long ago. His stats are what yall homers go by so I’m giving you a dose of your own medicine. Stats say they were equal, those are facts and not based on Shan’s opinions. He’s a great coach, but he’s human like all of us who stares Dak doesn’t pass the eye test;). Hope that helps
What are you even talking about? This has nothing to do with Dak. I told you Darnold was higher on the depth chart than Lance. He was playing better than Lance and he beat out Lance. Now you are going on about Dak and deflecting to other topics. I used a Shanahan quote to show you that according to Shanahan Darnold was better. You post some stats...preseason stats at that. The reason why Lance got so much playing time is because they felt Purdy and Darnold were better. Why are you dying on this hill?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
So Rush will be on the 48 man game day roster vs. Cleveland with Lance dressed as emergency QB only?
No clue, but I certainly don't think so or hope not. No point wasting Trey in that role for a 2nd year considering all the resources and time they have given him in the pre-season

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Everyone is a idiot including the person who tried to develop and the one who’s developing him now lol.
Trey isnt lol, he has done pretty much nothing so far, even in college, and has made around 22 million so far !
So no matter what he has made a lot of money for only a few games.

What I wonder is how he was projected (by the experts) to be a 1st round pick ????

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Trey isnt lol, he has done pretty much nothing so far, even in college, and has made around 22 million so far !
So no matter what he has made a lot of money for only a few games.

What I wonder is how he was projected (by the experts) to be a 1st round pick ????
I’m curious too….even the Cowboys admitted they had a second round grade in him. 49ers spent 3 first rounders….