McCarthy is happy with Trey Lance, and so is Jerry

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes...I said he could start for them.

LOL...I'm too lazy to do the math but thanks. This list will do. That's about 10...AND YOU ONLY MAKE MY POINT. The other 5 rookies that are starting ahead of Cooper Rush...some of them will flame out. Again, I never said he would take their jobs...merely that he would compete with them for an open spot and most importantly, COULD ADEQUATELY FILL A STARTER'S ROLE. I said he's not franchise, but he is a STARTER.

@TheMarathonContinues Let this suffice as my answer to you as well. I know it hurts because you finally thought you outsmarted me...but...alas...LOVE IS BLIND.
You back peddling you said he could start for 15 teams lol. There ain’t one team lol.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
No I only listed teams with somewhat of a question mark, and only 2 of them you can even remotely have a discussion about. There are no teams that Rush could start for right now, period and end of story. Even my buddy on here says Danny Dimers over Rush. If this is the case, Cooper is doomed. He is a good backup, that is about it so stop trying to make him something he isn't
So Cooper Rush is not better than Daniel Jones? Not one team. I can have a discussion about all of them on that list. Garner Menshew?

Even Derek Carr. You probably think he's great...guess what? Most Raider fans WOULD RATHER HAVE GARNER MENSHEW. And guess what? Garner Menshew is a journeyman backup...WHO IS STARTING.

Get it yet?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
You back peddling you said he could start for 15 teams lol. There ain’t one team lol.
Nah...I never made the claim he was taking anyone's job. Go back and read my post. He "could start". You're still smarting for the many, many, many times I've made you pay for calling me out...and this is another one.

:)

ghst187

Reaction score
I will take MM’s word over our self proclaimed anti Trey experts on here.
Appeal to authority…..I’d say the zone board probably could collectively draft and evaluate talent just as well if not better than the morons running the team…
And if you laugh, ask yourself could they do any worse?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah...I never made the claim he was taking anyone's job. Go back and read my post. He "could start". You're still smarting for the many, many, many times I've made you pay for calling me out...and this is another one.

:)
You can keep saying it it doesn’t make it true. Take your L and move on you caught a. Few strays from people because of your pride lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Appeal to authority…..I’d say the zone board probably could collectively draft and evaluate talent just as well if not better than the morons running the team…
And if you laugh, ask yourself could they do any worse?
Well I’ll say this….i don’t think anyone here would’ve taken Schoon in the 2nd round lol.

J_Allen

Reaction score
4 interceptions against guys struggling to make an NFL roster? Yeah I'm thrilled also.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Well I’ll say this….i don’t think anyone here would’ve taken Schoon in the 2nd round lol.
He needs to take his stupid name and his stone fingers and play for someone else. Why do we always waste second rounders? You don't take a backup tight end in the second round, yet this is the 4th time in a little over a decade. He definitely should be on the bubble tonight because hasn't done anything to make this team besides being selected in the second round. That's all he has working in his favor.

I think Jerry is still having nightmares of Jay Novacek going down and having nobody to replace him. That's what happens when you just throw darts at a draft board and take guys like Eric Bjornson. I'm hoping Jerry was throwing darts during those years...

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
So Cooper Rush is not better than Daniel Jones? Not one team. I can have a discussion about all of them on that list. Garner Menshew?

Even Derek Carr. You probably think he's great...guess what? Most Raider fans WOULD RATHER HAVE GARNER MENSHEW. And guess what? Garner Menshew is a journeyman backup...WHO IS STARTING.

Get it yet?
I didn't say that, somebody else did. To be honest there is no way to know as Rush doesn't play. Pretty safe to say though Jones has some sort of market value, Rush does not unless it's in your mind. You mentioned 2 QB's that I did in my original post, and I sit here waiting for the other half the league QB's he would start over. Derek Carr would find a team easily by the way, and I have zero clue what it is you are on to think Cooper Rush is anything

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I didn't say that, somebody else did. To be honest there is no way to know as Rush doesn't play. Pretty safe to say though Jones has some sort of market value, Rush does not unless it's in your mind. You mentioned 2 QB's that I did in my original post, and I sit here waiting for the other half the league QB's he would start over. Derek Carr would find a team easily by the way, and I have zero clue what it is you are on to think Cooper Rush is anything
Jones has ZERO market value. If you saw the preseason play, Daniel Jones is coming off an injury, is concussion prone and looked terrible in the preseason. Meanwhile, in camp and in the preseason, Rush has looked pretty much like a polished NFL QB. Either you GET THIS or you don't and are stuck on names and such. My point was that many of these guys are penciled in and won't finish the season due to incompetence and or injury and then teams will be dying for a guy like Rush who is clearly capable of starting. Jones, Carr, Menshew, Watson...all looked like average trash last year. Is Rush going to get a contract over them? NO...I already said he's not franchise BUT NEITHER ARE THEY. They are on the carousel...and if you inserted Rush I'm not sure he wouldn't be slightly worse or even a little better. Watson was rusty...so we'll see...but he also may never recover what he had.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
You can keep saying it it doesn’t make it true. Take your L and move on you caught a. Few strays from people because of your pride lol.
Nah, you tried put a strawman argument in my mouth - no diddy - to make yourself feel like you won an argument. There was no "L"...except you salvaging your self-esteem on futile missions of redemption.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Trey Lance is rough and needs lots of coaching and reps. But he has some tools I believe the team can work with - he exhibits some traits that aren’t available in abundance across the breadth of the football world. For those who don’t see it, I can see where he comes up short. But what’s the size of the team’s bet so far? I suggest that it’s been fairly minimal and that it too early to fold the hand on the youngster. Let it ride for a while longer.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Jones has ZERO market value. If you saw the preseason play, Daniel Jones is coming off an injury, is concussion prone and looked terrible in the preseason. Meanwhile, in camp and in the preseason, Rush has looked pretty much like a polished NFL QB. Either you GET THIS or you don't and are stuck on names and such. My point was that many of these guys are penciled in and won't finish the season due to incompetence and or injury and then teams will be dying for a guy like Rush who is clearly capable of starting. Jones, Carr, Menshew, Watson...all looked like average trash last year. Is Rush going to get a contract over them? NO...I already said he's not franchise BUT NEITHER ARE THEY. They are on the carousel...and if you inserted Rush I'm not sure he wouldn't be slightly worse or even a little better. Watson was rusty...so we'll see...but he also may never recover what he had.
My whole point is you said half the league could use Rush as a starter, and in no world is that true. You really think he could start over Watson in Cleveland? C'mon, The Browns are stuck with him and the trade to get him will go down in history as one of the worst. In the end, it still doesn't mean they would have any interest in him as a starter. Laugh at Minshew but at least he has played in games as a starter, and done a good job doing it

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah, you tried put a strawman argument in my mouth - no diddy - to make yourself feel like you won an argument. There was no "L"...except you salvaging your self-esteem on futile missions of redemption.
Man name them 15 teams that Rush will start for you ain’t talking about nothing lol.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

The Cowboys understand that Trey Lance needs game time, but they appear very satisfied with his progress to date.

"He continually gets better every time you give him a chance," McCarthy told reporters via The Athletic's Jon Machota. "I think that says a lot about him. He's just a young guy that needs to play. I think he'll play in this league for a long time." (AZ Sports)

As far as Jerry Jones, he was quoted as saying, “I saw some good, and I saw some things you’d like to have back,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said, per Pro Football Talk. “I hate that those five interceptions are going to be a stat on a game that I couldn’t have asked for more reps and a better situation to watch him play. He needed that because the one thing he’s missing more than anything is the lack of reps much less NFL reps. Certainly, we’re planning on him being on our roster for sure.”(Trevor Woods,Yardbarker)

Yesterday's outing was more than likely one in which Lance was encouraged to take chances in order to learn what he could and couldn't do.

What he could do and couldn't do????????? The young man has played against scrubs for three weeks in a row and he struggled more than anybody thought he would. They keep feeding us with all this BS about how great he's been in practice, but when the lights are bright, this kid melts like an ice cream cone sitting on a hot stove burner. He's NEVER going to be a functioning QB in the NFL, NEVER! It obvious now that he should have stayed in school and worked on his craft..........................

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Man name them 15 teams that Rush will start for you ain’t talking about nothing lol.
It's not my fault you can't comprehend what I said. It's pretty telling that this is what you do to make yourself feel better. You don't seek understanding, you seek domination. It wasn't even my main point...but still...again...you are asking me to prove something I never claimed.

So yeah...I'll just regard this as you waving the white flag - AGAIN. :)

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
My whole point is you said half the league could use Rush as a starter, and in no world is that true. You really think he could start over Watson in Cleveland? C'mon, The Browns are stuck with him and the trade to get him will go down in history as one of the worst. In the end, it still doesn't mean they would have any interest in him as a starter. Laugh at Minshew but at least he has played in games as a starter, and done a good job doing it
Nah, I just proved that on Earth 616, it's possible. It might be possible for our team too...so there's that. You just lack imagination. As you said, the Browns are STUCK with him...another "starter" that Rush could easily replace if need be. Perhaps now you are getting my point.

Note, you keep CONFLATING "start" with "starter" with "franchise".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not my fault you can't comprehend what I said. It's pretty telling that this is what you do to make yourself feel better. You don't seek understanding, you seek domination. It wasn't even my main point...but still...again...you are asking me to prove something I never claimed.

So yeah...I'll just regard this as you waving the white flag - AGAIN. :)
I seek domination? All you’ve bragged about is “owning me” and “taking me to school”. You sure you’re talking about me or yourself? Waive the white flag on what?