McCarthy is happy with Trey Lance, and so is Jerry

shabazz

Reaction score
Decision making can be fixed.

Also, it doesn’t help that we are rotating players everywhere in the middle of a preseason game.

Lance has played real NFL football and was 4-4 as a starter. He’s only going to get better.
That's true......if we could just get Cooper Rushs brain in Treys body we would really have something for right now

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Whats crazy is despite the 5 I ts it was 1 possession game so I fuess something had to go right on defense and the offense.

Still though, where's the accountability? 5 Ints would doom many players roster spot and there's praise?
Jerry made a stupid trade, and they must act like it wasn't, despite all the proof in the world saying otherwise. He needs to play more? He just did play more...a whole game, and had 5 INTs against a practice squad. Two of those I have to believe were intentionally thrown to a Charger. He's young? So now that must be the excuse to keep him on the team for the next 5 years in some capacity. And some people think McCarthy is going to go rogue in his final year. Dude is still as much of a "yes man" as he always was. This is why we are doomed well into the future with or without Dak: Jerry Jones and Cap Boy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
was thinking he might be better than Danny Dimes, lol
Ehh that's a tough one. But I mean he's essentially Lance.I think his legs are overrated but he can rack up some yards on the ground.

With Rush he's just so limited with his arm and he's not mobile. So I don't know I might take Danny lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Perhaps they should have taken a clue that if the 49ers were giving up on him then perhaps they should pass lol
So i've been doing some research on the days....the Cowboys themselves didn't even like Lance like that lol. They had a 2nd round grade him lol. Which means they would've probably looked at him if he was there in the 3rd round.

49ers felt he was worth 3 1st round picks and the Cowboys felt a 2nd rounder. Which shows that in that instance they at least knew how to evaluate a QB somewhat....that is until they went back to kick the tires on him which I guess at least we gave up a 4th...which is proving to be probably too much lol.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Ehh that's a tough one. But I mean he's essentially Lance.I think his legs are overrated but he can rack up some yards on the ground.

With Rush he's just so limited with his arm and he's not mobile. So I don't know I might take Danny lol.
ouch...Well Hello World we just found the 1 supporter of Danny Dimes and he is a Dallas Cowboys fan!

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
His new deal…

Estimated 3-4 years 30 million.

Much cheaper than Dak Chakotas mega millions.
Who would give $30 to Lance? Why would anyone think that would be a good idea? He's making $5 million this year which is 5X more than he should be making. SMH

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To me its even easier than this for us Cowboys fans...Dak is gone, by his own choice he is leaving (cant really blame him)...to that end this FO is once again doing a horrible job of being ahead of the problem..we should have better than Lance and Rush in camp when Dak's leaving has been written on the wall for some time now.
People get excited about a future without Dak because of the uncertainty. They have no idea their future is more than likely Rush and Lance and that's frightening.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Who would give $30 to Lance? Why would anyone think that would be a good idea? He's making $5 million this year which is 5X more than he should be making. SMH
no one would, he has shown nothing that would warrant that....you have a bunch of...whats a good word..."Dreamers" here who believe this franchise problem for 28 years has been the QB who has been here 8 years.....

Cmac

Reaction score

The Cowboys understand that Trey Lance needs game time, but they appear very satisfied with his progress to date.

"He continually gets better every time you give him a chance," McCarthy told reporters via The Athletic's Jon Machota. "I think that says a lot about him. He's just a young guy that needs to play. I think he'll play in this league for a long time." (AZ Sports)

As far as Jerry Jones, he was quoted as saying, “I saw some good, and I saw some things you’d like to have back,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said, per Pro Football Talk. “I hate that those five interceptions are going to be a stat on a game that I couldn’t have asked for more reps and a better situation to watch him play. He needed that because the one thing he’s missing more than anything is the lack of reps much less NFL reps. Certainly, we’re planning on him being on our roster for sure.”(Trevor Woods,Yardbarker)

Yesterday's outing was more than likely one in which Lance was encouraged to take chances in order to learn what he could and couldn't do.

Translation: Let's not trash him to the media.

links18

Reaction score
I was a game that doesnt count lol you are aware of that??
It was no big deal for a PS game 3. It was just practice, not a real game.

If he does that in a real season game, then that is a different story.
So you don't see 5 Ints as a negative? Jerry, is that you?

nobody

Reaction score
I will take MM’s word over our self proclaimed anti Trey experts on here.
That's a fair point, but MM is a proven liar. He'll say whatever he thinks Jerry wants to hear. At this point Lance is too raw and unreliable. I don't think we have a QB on the roster capable of getting us past the divisional round in the play offs.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
You said its no diss to Lance because once again you're trying to make both guys out to be something they aren't. You verbatim said Rush could start for 15 teams in this league. This is what you said. You still haven't listed the 15 teams but aye no need to we already know that every team in the league had a chance to sign Rush for a minimum contract and they said no.

So the NFL players listed Dak as a top 15 player.....but you are citing Lamb's mom as a credible source for determining how good or bad Dak is? That's pathetic lol.

You can keep throwing this "love" thing around but i'm far more objective then anyone who thinks Rush and Dak are the same caliber. That's idiocy that even his biggest haters wouldn't agree with.
Yes...I said he could start for them.
So you are saying Rush is at the same level as Baker? Even Minshew is a more accomplished backup. Here are questions marks, but not really:

Denver: job is taken
Tampa: Baker- In no way is Rush at the same level, and if so I guess he will get a massive contract from somebody soon
NYG: Jones- And he sucks, but NYG will be after Dak in FA next year, right? So, they would take Rush as well
Patriots: Have their franchise QB
Vegas: They would hand the reigns over to Rush over Minshew? LOL
Saints: Carr
Seattle: Geno
Titans: Levis
Vikes: Darnold due to injury. Maybe an argument here

We can discuss 2 jobs he may start over the current QB, again I ask, who is else is he better than?
LOL...I'm too lazy to do the math but thanks. This list will do. That's about 10...AND YOU ONLY MAKE MY POINT. The other 5 rookies that are starting ahead of Cooper Rush...some of them will flame out. Again, I never said he would take their jobs...merely that he would compete with them for an open spot and most importantly, COULD ADEQUATELY FILL A STARTER'S ROLE. I said he's not franchise, but he is a STARTER.

@TheMarathonContinues Let this suffice as my answer to you as well. I know it hurts because you finally thought you outsmarted me...but...alas...LOVE IS BLIND.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
You said its no diss to Lance because once again you're trying to make both guys out to be something they aren't. You verbatim said Rush could start for 15 teams in this league. This is what you said. You still haven't listed the 15 teams but aye no need to we already know that every team in the league had a chance to sign Rush for a minimum contract and they said no.

So the NFL players listed Dak as a top 15 player.....but you are citing Lamb's mom as a credible source for determining how good or bad Dak is? That's pathetic lol.

You can keep throwing this "love" thing around but i'm far more objective then anyone who thinks Rush and Dak are the same caliber. That's idiocy that even his biggest haters wouldn't agree with.
I don't of any poster who would call you "objective" about Dak. Do you hate on Trey Lance? No, I've not seen that. But "get your money Dak" is a bit bullish...wouldn't you say? Or is that just REQUIRED to be a "real" Cowboys fan?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Yes...I said he could start for them.

LOL...I'm too lazy to do the math but thanks. This list will do. That's about 10...AND YOU ONLY MAKE MY POINT. The other 5 rookies that are starting ahead of Cooper Rush...some of them will flame out. Again, I never said he would take their jobs...merely that he would compete with them for an open spot and most importantly, COULD ADEQUATELY FILL A STARTER'S ROLE. I said he's not franchise, but he is a STARTER.

@TheMarathonContinues Let this suffice as my answer to you as well. I know it hurts because you finally thought you outsmarted me...but...alas...LOVE IS BLIND.
No I only listed teams with somewhat of a question mark, and only 2 of them you can even remotely have a discussion about. There are no teams that Rush could start for right now, period and end of story. Even my buddy on here says Danny Dimers over Rush. If this is the case, Cooper is doomed. He is a good backup, that is about it so stop trying to make him something he isn't