Cowboys5217

Reaction score
anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Meh.

I'm not impressed with anything except his running ability and arm cannon after that last game.

His poor decision making really irked me.

I don't need to watch him for 8 more years to judge him properly.

On to the draft.
Based on your displayed QB evaluation ability, we’re not impressed either.

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Then Dallas announcers made a commemt that Trey was on the 3rd center in the game. As well, he worked with the 3rd team C most of the PS games.

We seen how that affected some plays. No continuity from a starting C.

Then Dallas announcers made a commemt that Trey was on the 3rd center in the game. As well, he worked with the 3rd team C most of the PS games.

We seen how that affected some plays. No continuity from a starting C.
I thought that this version oof the second team offensive line was about as good as any in the last three or four years

rambo2

Reaction score

The Cowboys understand that Trey Lance needs game time, but they appear very satisfied with his progress to date.

"He continually gets better every time you give him a chance," McCarthy told reporters via The Athletic's Jon Machota. "I think that says a lot about him. He's just a young guy that needs to play. I think he'll play in this league for a long time." (AZ Sports)

As far as Jerry Jones, he was quoted as saying, “I saw some good, and I saw some things you’d like to have back,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said, per Pro Football Talk. “I hate that those five interceptions are going to be a stat on a game that I couldn’t have asked for more reps and a better situation to watch him play. He needed that because the one thing he’s missing more than anything is the lack of reps much less NFL reps. Certainly, we’re planning on him being on our roster for sure.”(Trevor Woods,Yardbarker)

Yesterday's outing was more than likely one in which Lance was encouraged to take chances in order to learn what he could and couldn't do.

Of course they are. He is a backup qb.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought that this version oof the second team offensive line was about as good as any in the last three or four years
That doesn't explain the poor decision making on display. Not having your center of preference is no excuse to throw the ball to the other team.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
That doesn't explain the poor decision making on display. Not having your center of preference is no excuse to throw the ball to the other team.
As far as the picks were concerned, I saw one poor decision. That was the pick in the end zone. Two were bad passes (the short one that the defender dived for and made a good catch) and the last one in the end zone that became a floater. One of the passes was caught by the receiver and then taken. away by the defender. The final one I dismiss due to youth and the fact that SD dropped a DE into coverage.

I don’t think his decisions are so bad. I think his accuracy is more of an issue.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As far as the picks were concerned, I saw one poor decision. That was the pick in the end zone. Two were bad passes (the short one that the defender dived for and made a good catch) and the last one in the end zone that became a floater. One of the passes was caught by the receiver and then taken. away by the defender. The final one I dismiss due to youth and the fact that SD dropped a DE into coverage.

I don’t think his decisions are so bad. I think his accuracy is more of an issue.
Granted. But i'm not pinning that on the center.

MetalMike

Reaction score
Jerry being Jerry he's never going to admit to a mistake. Lance is not anywhere near ready to take over this team or any other. Maybe someone gives him an opportunity to start and take most every snap in the UFL and then try the NFL. But, from what I've seen so far this guy is not taking the Cowboys or any other team to the Super Bowl anytime soon.

stiletto

Reaction score
They aren't gonna come out and say "oops.. he sucks we made a mistake" but anyone that isn't blind can tell the facts after this pre-season. lol!

It's a bummer, unless you are just totally "Dak > Cowboys", overall it's bad for the future but with that said, in the big picture it is only a 4th round pick. Jr. Fehoko was a 4th round pick. So it's not the end of the world.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
"He is young"

I challenge anyone to find a young QB of any age or experience level who threw 5 picks in a preseason game. That wasn't normal. Don't let the Cowboys gaslight you into thinking "yeah, this is how young players develop".

Anyone playing QB in the pros has been doing it for a long time, had tons of practice and in the preseason isn't seeing anything near NFL level intensity.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Meh.

I'm not impressed with anything except his running ability and arm cannon after that last game.

His poor decision making really irked me.

I don't need to watch him for 8 more years to judge him properly.

On to the draft.
LOL Jerry has already decided, lance is the next qb of the cowboys.
whats another 8 years ?