McCarthy is happy with Trey Lance, and so is Jerry

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif
:laugh: :laugh:

Jarntt

Reaction score
Imagine if the other 3 or 4 dumb decisions were picked off also? But Jerry and Big Mike would still be telling us how good he is. It's like they don't realize that we actually watch the games and understand what poor decisions and accuracy are.The next time McCarthy speaks anyway but glowingly of his players will be the first. Believe what you see, not what you hear/read.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
"He is young"

I challenge anyone to find a young QB of any age or experience level who threw 5 picks in a preseason game. That wasn't normal. Don't let the Cowboys gaslight you into thinking "yeah, this is how young players develop".

Anyone playing QB in the pros has been doing it for a long time, had tons of practice and in the preseason isn't seeing anything near NFL level intensity.
Hasn’t been done in 30 years…..

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
"He is young"

I challenge anyone to find a young QB of any age or experience level who threw 5 picks in a preseason game. That wasn't normal. Don't let the Cowboys gaslight you into thinking "yeah, this is how young players develop".

Anyone playing QB in the pros has been doing it for a long time, had tons of practice and in the preseason isn't seeing anything near NFL level intensity.
How many play a full game? There were three in the last 4:37, one taken away from the receiver by the defender. One where a DE dropped into coverage in a passing lane. I chalk it down to playground football trying to win the game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Decision making can be fixed.

Also, it doesn’t help that we are rotating players everywhere in the middle of a preseason game.

Lance has played real NFL football and was 4-4 as a starter. He’s only going to get better.
He seems to be getting worse. Went from starting in San Fran to not being able ti beat out Sam Darnold for a backup job.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I know many want to hate on Trey here, and he gave good reason for it multiple times. We do not know what the game plan was with MM, and he could have said to him just throw the ball and see what happens. I cannot tell you how much pre-season Baseball I have watched over the years where pitchers don't work on mechanics, they just go out and throw the ball to get stretched out. Gopher ball, after gopher ball it means nothing in exhibition games. The problem with Trey is we don't know what MM has said to him about playing conservative or going Brett Favre out there and being a gunslinger. The issue now is what further development there can be with the guy this year? Unless Dak gets hurt neither he or Rush will see the field, so what has the point been trying to resurrect the kid? Only Jerry knows...or doesn't know which is more likely

DandyDon52

Reaction score
"Most"? There are people who don't see 5ints as a negative? Who are these people and what insane asylum houses them?
I was a game that doesnt count lol you are aware of that??
It was no big deal for a PS game 3. It was just practice, not a real game.

If he does that in a real season game, then that is a different story.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
MM is just repeating whatever his boss narrative is.

Is just like many people on offices, they say whatever their bosses tell them to say.

This has been the story with this team, everyone is jerry’s puppet.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He seems to be getting worse. Went from starting in San Fran to not being able ti beat out Sam Darnold for a backup job.
You do know he was 2-2 as a starter with the 9ers, right? 2 td's and 3 int's in those games where he passed for over 600 yards. Clearly they saw something they didn't like but the likes of many many many top 3 drafted QB's in the NFL today have been given more of a chance to play than he has. Not saying he will turn out to be anything, but he's hardly the biggest bust of all-time.

stiletto

Reaction score
I mean he doesn’t. This is more than likely his last gig and maybe his last head coaching job.
There's people saying "Look at what MM has done with Jerry undermining him at every step. The Cowboys circus, 12-5 for 3 years straight. MM will have multiple offers.." Similar to things we hear about Dak. lol!!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Think about what the 49ers invested to get him and what they got for letting him go. Some say "what a stupid FO" or lament about their scouting abilities.

I see it differently. At one point they learned that they had made a mistake. A big one. So what did they do? The only right thing. Admit it and do something about it. They showed the ability to correct mistakes, even if it hurts. There is nothing wrong with taking a risk in the first place. But you gotta be able to make changes fast, if necessary.

And THAT'S the problem with this FO. They simply hang on to their guys for too long.

Heck I'm not even saying Lance could never be a starter. But he'll need a lot of reps in order to get there. With the starters. Against starters. So if you mean it Jerry, you gotta make the decision. Start him even if we tank this season. Outcome? Some good draft picks in 2025.

Or start Dak, but then sign him already and if you think we still have a window for the title then fill up some holes by investing your draft picks in a trade.

But what you're doing right now is the exact same reason why we have been missing out for so long. Trying to go somewhere in between and celebrating regular seasons way to much.

Walk either way Jerry, not on the lawn in between. There's too much dog poo you're stepping on there.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The issue now is what further development there can be with the guy this year? Unless Dak gets hurt neither he or Rush will see the field, so what has the point been trying to resurrect the kid? Only Jerry knows...or doesn't know which is more likely
That is a good point , and only jerry and his boy know .......maybe.
I dont think jjerry wants to trade him anytime soon, he will continue trying to fix trey.
He made the trade, so his ego wants trey to be a success.

Bottom line is the trade should have never been made, but it was, so here we are ! lol.
Trey isnt going anywhere, when jerry said he made the roster after the 2nd ps game, I saw how this was going to go.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
McCarthy says what will tickle Jerry's ear, (to keep his job).
MM has 1 and a half feet out the door already, I am pretty sure that he wants no part of the circus after this year and will have zero problem finding a team owned and operated by a sane individual

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with taking a risk in the first place. But you gotta be able to make changes fast, if necessary.

And THAT'S the problem with this FO. They simply hang on to their guys for too long.
yes that is a big weakness with jerry. They have cut bait quickly a couple of times, but mostly they are way too slow doing it.
He will hang on to trey for years ! lol.