McCarthy is happy with Trey Lance, and so is Jerry

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
That is a good point , and only jerry and his boy know .......maybe.
I dont think jjerry wants to trade him anytime soon, he will continue trying to fix trey.
He made the trade, so his ego wants trey to be a success.

Bottom line is the trade should have never been made, but it was, so here we are ! lol.
Trey isnt going anywhere, when jerry said he made the roster after the 2nd ps game, I saw how this was going to go.
Jerry is a dummy, but he's not dumb enough to see that the current generation of franchise QB's are built like Trey is. Right or wrong he is probably scared to death to quit on Trey at this time in fear of him becoming something. Heck we all are in some sort of Fantasy Fooball/Baseball pool and I get accused of refusing to trade players especially young rookies who I hold on to for years in fear of trading them and getting burned. My last big trade was Aaron Judge for basically a bag of pine tar, and the guy I had to replace him is a p/t time player lol

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
"Most"? There are people who don't see 5ints as a negative? Who are these people and what insane asylum houses them?
Yes. "Most". As in those reasonable enough to see past the duality of two QB's, and understand that the current state of the team is more complex than "my guy gud, your guy bad". There ARE those that won't acknowledge or choose to downplay the flaws of whomever their guy is for whatever reason. Because of them I used the word "most", instead of "all". Savvy?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lance does need to be playing and getting reps. Where will that come from until next preseason? Practice can only develop him so far…..
I wish they would change the emergency third QB rule to allow teams to use him in case of a blowout. There's really no reason to insert your No. 2 in that situation other than you don't want to play your No. 1. The third guy is usually a developmental prospect and those reps Could contribute their development.

Otherwise, reps are definitely the problem. The NFL being able to use the UFL as a minor league also would be good for situations like his.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:laugh:A guy throw 5 picks, against vanilla D, mostly against guys who won't even be on an NFL roster, and zoners are like "Oh, yeah, I see progress!" Incredible.

Cowboy fans deserve almost all of the guff other fans throw at them.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Whats crazy is despite the 5 I ts it was 1 possession game so I fuess something had to go right on defense and the offense.

Still though, where's the accountability? 5 Ints would doom many players roster spot and there's praise?
C'Mon Man.. Tony Romo Had a Few 3 to 5 INT In a Game And That Was In The Regular Season..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Meh.

I'm not impressed with anything except his running ability and arm cannon after that last game.

His poor decision making really irked me.

I don't need to watch him for 8 more years to judge him properly.

On to the draft.
You had been tooting his horn all summer, even leading into this game. You claimed he was the future and when he got off to a good start on Saturday, you said you would extend him for $65 million for 4 years. Didn’t take long for you to bail on him. :laugh:

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That doesn't explain the poor decision making on display. Not having your center of preference is no excuse to throw the ball to the other team.
I 100% agree. My point was there should be no excuses made for the play of offensive lines front him. This has been a good preseason to evaluate skill position type players taking in consideration the blocking they have received

DandyDon52

Reaction score
:laugh:A guy throw 5 picks, against vanilla D, mostly against guys who won't even be on an NFL roster, and zoners are like "Oh, yeah, I see progress!" Incredible.

Cowboy fans deserve almost all of the guff other fans throw at them.
ok so what would you do with trey at this point?

Loso86

Reaction score

The Cowboys understand that Trey Lance needs game time, but they appear very satisfied with his progress to date.

"He continually gets better every time you give him a chance," McCarthy told reporters via The Athletic's Jon Machota. "I think that says a lot about him. He's just a young guy that needs to play. I think he'll play in this league for a long time." (AZ Sports)

As far as Jerry Jones, he was quoted as saying, “I saw some good, and I saw some things you’d like to have back,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said, per Pro Football Talk. “I hate that those five interceptions are going to be a stat on a game that I couldn’t have asked for more reps and a better situation to watch him play. He needed that because the one thing he’s missing more than anything is the lack of reps much less NFL reps. Certainly, we’re planning on him being on our roster for sure.”(Trevor Woods,Yardbarker)

Yesterday's outing was more than likely one in which Lance was encouraged to take chances in order to learn what he could and couldn't do.

I agree with them

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Start him vs. the Cleveland Browns. He’s earned it. Put Vaughn is the backfield with him. The Commanders and Eagles don’t have a prayer in hell up against that.
i think your being sarcastic, but it might not be a bad idea!
But it will be dak and elliot lol, so is that going to strike fear into div opponents?
I think dallas will lose regardless of who starts.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
i think your being sarcastic, but it might not be a bad idea!
But it will be dak and elliot lol, so is that going to strike fear into div opponents?
I think dallas will lose regardless of who starts.
It’s a great idea. Nonetheless, it will be Dak and Elliot, and I hope they can beat the Browns. It won’t be easy. That team has a bone to pick. Bad opener, especially on the road. Thankfully, no chance Philly beats the Packers. No matter what country the game is played in.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Once Jerry said that Lance would make the team you knew he would continue to prop him up no matter how he plays. Naturally, McCarthy is following along. Lance could have thrown 7 INT‘s on Saturday and they would’ve both acted thrilled with his progress. :rolleyes: