McCarthy is not the right head coach for the Cowboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Full control of what? The only thing he has some control over is the offense, and Jerry could pull that control away at any moment. He did it to Garrett, he will eventually do it to MM.
Yes. The offense. I thought my mention of Kellen Moore made that clear.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Mike is going nowhere. If he wins 12 games this year, Jerry will be satisfied. Mike has found him a new home until he wants to leave.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Yes. The offense. I thought my mention of Kellen Moore made that clear.
But does MM really have full control? If he does, and this awful offense is the result of his control, he should be fired immediately. His offense flat out sucks.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Mike's offense has a built-in excuse. It's the first year, the guys don't know the system yet. Mike is here for good.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I will say this. McCarthy got what he wanted this season. They sent Moore away and gave Mike full control. And the issues speak for themselves. He was given ‘enough rope to hang himself’ as the saying goes, and thus far he’s doing exactly that.
really, he hung himself!!! :muttley: :popcorn: :lmao:

how so. the 4-2 start?

these are already failed narratives like the alleged RZ issues ,red zone issues amongst all the teams have been down this year SO FAR...

plus, we have proof been floating around that MM offense through the first 6 games is on par with the last 2 seasons with KMs offense through 6 games who BTW we beat up pretty bad.. the issue here is the small sample size as other rankings for total offense and offensive coordinators have been only after six games...

so how so??

he hung himself after a 4-2 start with 11left?? SMFH brah , that's false! plenty of time to make adjustments, you all fools act like MM is 2-4 vs 4-2 and ONE game out of the top records and the divsion ..umm ok..sure its terrible, NOT!

even though the AZ game missing 3 PB OL with a bad defense and 9er game not one phase played or coached well that game. next busted narrative.

Flamma

Reaction score
The only one of those receipts I don't agree with is #4. That was this past game against the Chargers. He could have called a timeout with 8 seconds left from the L.A. 14 yard line, but instead he lets the clock run to 3 seconds and takes the FG. That was a good decision IMO. You want Dak throwing the ball into coverage with 8 seconds left? No way was he fitting it in there with 8 defenders in the endzone. Why take a shot when chances are razor thin for success? And a lot of bad can happen. Take the easy 3.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I will say this. McCarthy got what he wanted this season. They sent Moore away and gave Mike full control. And the issues speak for themselves. He was given ‘enough rope to hang himself’ as the saying goes, and thus far he’s doing exactly that.
He is in control of his own fate, sink or swim with Quinn waiting if things go sour. Forget about his scheme, the issue is more of a lack of a running game, same issue with Moore the last two seasons. Very few qb’s succeed being one dimensional

blueblood70

Reaction score
The lack of discipline falls on coaching. And mm is the head coach.
i don't believe that's the case these are grown men making millions and you can only talk to them till you're blue in the face... this isn't high school or college 53 layers in a capped league and wins are important., you're not sitting in benching players for flags. Cant happen ...

oh, in the part we're missing here is DQs side of the ball and the last couple of weeks than mike McCarthy's...yet Dq is being talked about as the next HC the man as hc blown more game\s and here his squad has not been rock solid blowing leads etc..

so go add up all these special teams, Defense, and offense penalty's to see which Coaches are responsible for them not mike McCarthy... oh, add in the flag happy lopsided flags being thrown by the refs , can't control that either.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He is in control of his own fate, sink or swim with Quinn waiting if things go sour. Forget about his scheme, the issue is more of a lack of a running game, same issue with Moore the last two seasons. Very few qb’s succeed being one dimensional
that's all true except for i'm not sure about clamoring for DQ as the next HC as his side of the ball has not been doing that well either. Flags, poor play, i mean IMHO his side is far more responsible for both losses than any other phase.. they are both GONE if we fall flat on our face, if im the GM Start Fresh all new coaches and maybe a new QI. Thats how you do it. cutting out the cancer in one area sometimes it has bad way of coming back. Get rid of the entire body,

sorry DQ has no HC history that says hes the best choice. big leads blown , not stopping the run now add lack of discipline, lets keep it fair here..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
People on the couch aren’t getting a salary of 6 million a year like MCCarthy is stealing

In his defense, he’s having to deal with the Jones roster of paper tigers

So we have a soft roster with a soft coach…..guess how the seasons gonna end?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

CCBoy

Reaction score
Despicable
  • 2021 = 141 penalties (most in the NFL)
  • 2022 = 113 penalties (3rd-most in the NFL)
  • 2023 = 46 penalties (most in the NFL
That involves discipline and rehearsal well lead. Today's game, that is hard to accomplish, but improve upon. (without accountability and leadership effectively directed)

RS12

Reaction score
There's only one reason why MM is the HC for the Cowboys - he was willing to be another puppet. He also wanted to get a pay check, but to do that he had to toss his dignity out the door and bow to Jerry. He was hired rather quickly and there can't be any other explanation for it.

The 'right head coach' for this team is years away from being hired. Or I should say, that person won't be coming to Dallas while Jerry is still alive. And until that inevitable day comes we will have to tolerate the likes of MM for a HC.
This. Not an MM fan but who that is any better, not desperate for a check, and actually wants to win, is going to work for Jerry? MM is a symptom, not the actual problem.