Twitter: McCarthy: Lawrence a couple of weeks away

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he's a couple months away from not being on the team anymore lol

It’s probably nothing, but part of me wonders if they keep Lawrence out because they’re afraid he gets hurt again and they can’t release him in the offseason if he can’t pass a physical? A long shot hypotheses admittedly, but after what the team went through with Jaylon? I don’t rule anything out.

Mr_437

Reaction score
DLaw isn't walking thru that door to save this team anyway. What's the point of having him if he's unavailable? I'm not against DLaw, but moving on from his contract is creeping into the discussion.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I always though our "depth" was overrated. Armstrong and Golston are just JAGs at DE. And DT never had any real studs and the two guys people thought might help in Gallimore and Hill appear to be weeks away themselves.

Teams are going to try, and will likely be, quite successful at running the ball down our throats for the next 3-4 weeks. This Atlanta game should be a gimme and it likely won't be.
On the DL yeah. I meant overall. My fault.

The injuries were tolerable early on, but they are now happening at key spots where the drop from 1st string to backup is significant.

We aren't at all deep at LT or edge, and thats gonna bite us if it doesn't fix itself with health.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He was a couple weeks away a couple weeks ago…time to move on from this overpaid bum…

lukin2006

Reaction score
After the Anlae release I really thought the culture was changing…it appears not to be the case.

Proof

Reaction score
It’s probably nothing, but part of me wonders if they keep Lawrence out because they’re afraid he gets hurt again and they can’t release him in the offseason if he can’t pass a physical? A long shot hypotheses admittedly, but after what the team went through with Jaylon? I don’t rule anything out.

hadn’t considered that. interesting

RonnieT24

Reaction score
DLaw isn't walking thru that door to save this team anyway. What's the point of having him if he's unavailable? I'm not against DLaw, but moving on from his contract is creeping into the discussion.

Yeah there is no bigger DLaw fan here than myself but if he can't stay on the field he cannot help the team. He needs to get back on the field and make an impact or an exit strategy from his contract needs to be a top priority this offseason. I assume at some point we WILL get both him and Gregory on the field for a stretch of games.. That's when we will see the true face of this defense and find out if it's capable of helping us make a deep playoff run. The current group has one and done written all over it.. I don't care how good the offense is..