Twitter: McCarthy: Lawrence a couple of weeks away

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Broken bones take 6-8 weeks to heal. Broken bones in the lower body keep you from training fully.. So even if after it heals you need 2-3 weeks to condition. Still you didn't phrase your statement as a question.. You made a statement that you didn't feel like he wanted to come back. My question is what do you base that on? Healing definitely doesn't happen at the same rate on every human being. And unless you weigh 270 pounds and have a job that requires you to do it while being pushed against by 320 pound men your experience really means nothing. Even if you had the exact same injury..

It’s my feeling on the situation. You can be upset all you want. His foot should be healed. And he also shouldn’t need 2-3 weeks more to be ready.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I wouldn’t doubt it. Lawrence is the type who’d cash in on that clause. He’s put off surgeries and used them as leverage in the past — he’d most definitely do the same here, if given the chance.
Exactly.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It’s my feeling on the situation. You can be upset all you want. His foot should be healed. And he also shouldn’t need 2-3 weeks more to be ready.

What would make you think I am the least bit upset? Why are you getting defensive? I asked you to support your assertion. "It's how I feel" is not support. You may as well go with "Cause I say so.."

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
If Jerry had as much foresight as he thinks he does then he would have made MOVES at trade deadline.

Talking out of his ace, he was just as blindsided as many posters warned he would be.

Big_D

Reaction score
If Jerry had as much foresight as he thinks he does then he would have made MOVES at trade deadline.

Talking out of his ace, he was just as blindsided as many posters warned he would be.

Jerry uses that same stupidazz analogy all the time! he says it every year at camp. Every time they’re on Hard Knocks. lol

Reactions: BAT

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
The current group has one and done written all over it.. I don't care how good the offense is..

To me the biggest determinant of playoff success is health. Most teams are competitive with the #1s.

It's when their #1s are not available that sets them back...or shows how resilient they are.

Get healthy for the final quarter of the season, and get on a winning streak leading into the playoffs.

JayFord

Reaction score

Oh no

If Jerry says that you may as well call it a wrap

Gregory might not play until 2022

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Oh no

If Jerry says that you may as well call it a wrap

Gregory might not play until 2022
for the Eagles.... because Jerry will think he should take a loyalty discount for sticking through him through the years and Gregory will want top market value regardless of team. It really won't be fair for the Cowboys, it'll be like the DeMarco Murphy situation in 2015 but worse

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
No, remember this is the year his goal is a Superbowl.

LoL, I hear ya. DLAW is also at that stage...he no's he has to protect his paycheck.....

I wouldn’t doubt it. Lawrence is the type who’d cash in on that clause. He’s put off surgeries and used them as leverage in the past — he’d most definitely do the same here, if given the chance.

Yeah, no doubt, I wouldn't put it past DLAW to try and pull a Jaylon Smith on the Cowboys......Maybe why the Cowboys are slow playing his return.....Jerry and MM no the DLAW status....there just not going tell the fans.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I really don’t think Lawrence has the heart to be great. I think it’s a job for him. The Cowboys need to move on as soon as possible.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I always though our "depth" was overrated. Armstrong and Golston are just JAGs at DE. And DT never had any real studs and the two guys people thought might help in Gallimore and Hill appear to be weeks away themselves.

Teams are going to try, and will likely be, quite successful at running the ball down our throats for the next 3-4 weeks. This Atlanta game should be a gimme and it likely won't be.

Armstrong and Golston are OK depth. Same with Basham. They are just not what you want as starters. Parsons needs to spend a lot of time rushing the passer the next few weeks.