Twitter: McCarthy: Lawrence a couple of weeks away

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
He should be healed unless they’re hiding a setback. I just have a feeling he’s in no rush to get back.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He should be healed unless they’re hiding a setback. I just have a feeling he’s in no rush to get back.

What do base that on? It's EXTREMELY rare that a guy makes it to the professional level without really enjoying playing the game. Yes most of them hate practice.. and dealing with the media.. but to a man, 99.9999999% of them would suit up and play on Sunday wearing a walking boot ,an arm cast and a neck brace if you would let them. I have not seen or heard anything from Lawrence to lead me to believe that he's one of that .0000001% .. have you?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get it, we overpaid for him. What difference does it make now? It's not like he is never playing another down.

Its not like we’re getting anything for that $21 million. And we got poor return in 2020 as well. That’s the ‘difference’.

Don’t be surprised when the team cuts him - and their losses - after this season.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Of course Captain Irrelevant Milky Mac Milk A Lot is weeks away.

JayFord

Reaction score
other teams get injury news such as

"injury is this and he'll be out 3 weeks"
"injury is bad will miss the whole season"

we get injury news its

"hes on track" "hes a couple weeks away" "progess had a slight setback but he should be good" "he'll play sunday" "we want to rest him a bit"

i would be ever so thankful for one solid date thats why they hire Doctors who also give solid return dates

Plankton

Reaction score
He better get back soon. The Eagles just got serious.

Channeling the Jets. Bold move.

84957ded0e45a6e41c1cd8280baf158c

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Personal experience with the injury. He’s definitely got better medical than I do. Nothing has been reported of any setback so why isn’t he healed? It’s a fair question even if it upsets some here.

Broken bones take 6-8 weeks to heal. Broken bones in the lower body keep you from training fully.. So even if after it heals you need 2-3 weeks to condition. Still you didn't phrase your statement as a question.. You made a statement that you didn't feel like he wanted to come back. My question is what do you base that on? Healing definitely doesn't happen at the same rate on every human being. And unless you weigh 270 pounds and have a job that requires you to do it while being pushed against by 320 pound men your experience really means nothing. Even if you had the exact same injury..

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s probably nothing, but part of me wonders if they keep Lawrence out because they’re afraid he gets hurt again and they can’t release him in the offseason if he can’t pass a physical? A long shot hypotheses admittedly, but after what the team went through with Jaylon? I don’t rule anything out.
I wouldn’t doubt it. Lawrence is the type who’d cash in on that clause. He’s put off surgeries and used them as leverage in the past — he’d most definitely do the same here, if given the chance.