McCarthy must have a very good plan

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's not true about Byron. Several people realized that while his lack of interceptions wasn't good, he pretty much shut down quite while his side of the field. Now that he went elsewhere, watch his production rise. The others leaving? Meh.

Being a CB is more than interceptions.
Many a time, Byron would give up big yards deep. I guess you forgot about that?

nobody

Reaction score
Many a time, Byron would give up big yards deep. I guess you forgot about that?

However, looking at his numbers, he's been a solid corner...not just Cowboys-wise but in the entire NFL. That's why he got a big contract. But I guess that means nothing. He didn't get interceptions, so another team was stupid for signing him.

:rolleyes:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not true about Byron. Several people realized that while his lack of interceptions wasn't good, he pretty much shut down quite while his side of the field. Now that he went elsewhere, watch his production rise. The others leaving? Meh.

Being a CB is more than interceptions.
Prevention is the better part of defense. He did his part. Got other teams to pony up. Not bad at all.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
However, looking at his numbers, he's been a solid corner...not just Cowboys-wise but in the entire NFL. That's why he got a big contract. But I guess that means nothing. He didn't get interceptions, so another team was stupid for signing him.

:rolleyes:
I didn't say that. Just feel he was not worth what he received. Good DB. Solid at times. Sporadic other times. Glad the Cowboys didn't go top pay for him. Sucks to lose a costly 1st round pick, but he wasn't worth paying so much money to keep.

nobody

Reaction score
I didn't say that. Just feel he was not worth what he received. Good DB. Solid at times. Sporadic other times. Glad the Cowboys didn't go top pay for him. Sucks to lose a costly 1st round pick, but he wasn't worth paying so much money to keep.

Oh no, I think he definitely got more than a CB is worth, but it's not indicative to him. That's the market...like Dak wanting what he wants. That's the market.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh no, I think he definitely got more than a CB is worth, but it's not indicative to him. That's the market...like Dak wanting what he wants. That's the market.
Understood...but a team can live without their best young very good CB. They definitely can't without their young stud franchise QB.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It looks like he may have already exceeded his allowance Jerry gives him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
With who we've let go and the restructuring of some key players, McCarthy must have a great plan in mind on how he's gonna put this team together. Is he planning for this year to make a run or is he looking at next year?
All theses one year deals should tell you he's looking to make a run in 2020.

EJK24

Reaction score
Jerry's been trying that forever lol I believe they're trying to but it's not gonna happen. I'd expect a better job in fa if they're legit trying to win now

If they are in win now mode they arent showing it. We are not one of the top teams in the league with this roster. McCarthy helps and I'm happy to have him but the defense looks bad right now. Maybe I'm wrong but just looking on paper, we don't look good on that side of the ball.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
If they are in win now mode they arent showing it. We are not one of the top teams in the league with this roster. McCarthy helps and I'm happy to have him but the defense looks bad right now. Maybe I'm wrong but just looking on paper, we don't look good on that side of the ball.

The last 2 years have been our best d since 07 but its not good enough and it got worse so far this offseason

Dallas never has a defense lol

EJK24

Reaction score
The last 2 years have been our best d since 07 but its not good enough and it got worse so far this offseason

Yea I'm speaking specifically based off our roster last year to this year. We lost Byron and Quinn, which were the two big names so to speak, and in return weve signed Gerald McCoy who is a hopefully an upgrade over someone like Maliek Collins.

My problem is the areas of the defense that werent great last year arent any better and we've lost some of the good parts we did have on the defense. We lost Quinn who was our best pass rusher last year and we lost our number one corner. If you look at who we've signed so far, the defense very well may take a step back. That's definitely a problem for a team that struggled taking the ball away and was exposed in the run game too often.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jerry's been trying that forever lol I believe they're trying to but it's not gonna happen. I'd expect a better job in fa if they're legit trying to win now

definitely can agree with that.

to have a shot at winning now, they would have to do the following:

-Trade for and sign Slay
-Take a CB #1 in the draft
-Use 2nd round pick on a safety
-Sign Emanuel Sanders
-Sign DJ reader
-Sign the #1 DE from Seahawks
-And sign Dak long term to fit it all in.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
definitely can agree with that.

to have a shot at winning now, they would have to do the following:

-Trade for and sign Slay
-Take a CB #1 in the draft
-Use 2nd round pick on a safety
-Sign Emanuel Sanders
-Sign DJ reader
-Sign the #1 DE from Seahawks
-And sign Dak long term to fit it all in.

Either way the cowboys can be more relevant now. Jerry paid somebody a boatload to pass the new playoff bracket. Has jerry and the cowboys written all over it lol

Whyjerry

Reaction score
With who we've let go and the restructuring of some key players, McCarthy must have a great plan in mind on how he's gonna put this team together. Is he planning for this year to make a run or is he looking at next year?

I hope he has a plan and not a process.