Twitter: McCarthy on extra day to prepare: "We didn't need it, we're ready to go"

Carson

Reaction score
This is what I want to hear. Now please show it Monday and don’t start slow. Media has been crapping on this team all week.

I hope they do not come out to eager. This is the typical “we want a fast start” and it bites us.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I find it a bit arrogant to say they didn't need it. As I work in the quality and improvement field, there is no perfect process. Even the best can find room for improvement. So, for him to say that really rubs me the wrong way. :rolleyes:

JayFord

Reaction score
A coach cant be confident

it doesnt matter what he says because if he said "we need it it helps us" then people will say oh hes admitting they need an extra day because of how poor they looked last sunday

blah blah blah rinse and repeat the team is 12-5 but these potatoes keep thinking theyre 5-12

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
We ready
We ready
We ready
For y'all-what what:cool:

:flagwave:Cowboys :flagwave: McCarthy is pressing those buttons like Jimmy Johnson, this is the equivalent to the "you can put it in3-in print" statement. We're going to put a beat down on the buccaneers.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8p1G.gif

_sturt_

Reaction score
Replies to the tweet show a lack of confidence in McCarthy, but it sounds like we're ready.

No doubt in my mind... replace the memory of that embarrassment of last Sunday as rapidly as humanly possible...

fivetwos

Reaction score
They don't need that extra day, MM just said so. :muttley:
Yeah I know, not the same, but they aren't anyones underdog either. o_O
I couldn’t resist the snippy remark there, but…

All the preparation, motivation, scheming, matchups, etc….and it could all come down to a missed FG, or a bad call, or a turnover at the worst time…..

It very often does. Jeez if that guy on SF can catch one of the easier interceptions ever, the whole Rams plan blows up and the narrative for what they did is night and day different.

The margin between success and failure isn’t much.

So, while it’s fully necessary, this stuff can be overrated. They need their best players to make plays and hope it’s your day otherwise.