Twitter: McCarthy on extra day to prepare: "We didn't need it, we're ready to go"

75boyz

Reaction score
I guess it's better than a postgame of "We were nervous and NO, I had absolutely no input to the offensive gameplan."

So...
Babysteps I guess. But still TBD, lol.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Hopefully this doesn't mean we have a simple gameplan and didn't try to figure out how to take advantage of their defense

Creeper

Reaction score
Didn't he say before the Washington game that the rest after the Thursday night game the previous week was noticeable in practices?

We won't know if they are ready until Monday night. If they come out flat, there is no hope for this team.

Zordon

Reaction score
I guess it's better than a postgame of "We were nervous and NO, I had absolutely no input to the offensive gameplan."

So...
Babysteps I guess. But still TBD, lol.
Don't forget, "we'll work on penalties moving forward". that's the one that had jerry in a tizzy.

catiii

Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous statement and attitude from the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
After that, if I was the owner, I'd be in his face telling him: "If you lose MM, you're fired."
We need Sean Payton.

Zordon

Reaction score
Hopefully they have been preparing for this game the past 3 weeks. They sure didn't look like they were prepared for the Titans or Commanders.
Based on what I've seen the last several weeks, they need all the practice time they can get.
Around the time we started playing bad a few weeks ago is when McCarthy announced he was cutting the practice schedule in half and then started joking about being able to sleep in more now. This is when I started giving him the side eye. The guy is an oaf, it will become more clear once Quinn leaves.

Carson

Reaction score
The exact opposite of what I want to hear from a coach.

Should be: That's one more day to compete with Tampa on preparation for the game.

Jimmy always had an attitude of "What more can I/We do to win?"

Since then, it's been decades of an attitude of "good enough".
I get this take, I don’t disagree.

I just think this team is ready to get a win. They likely have been preparing for Tampa for two weeks and are ready to go.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Around the time we started playing bad a few weeks ago is when McCarthy announced he was cutting the practice schedule in half and then started joking about being able to sleep in more now. This is when I started giving him the side eye. The guy is an oaf, it will become more clear once Quinn leaves.
Quinn's defense of late is not making me yearn for his tenure to be extended.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I find it a bit arrogant to say they didn't need it. As I work in the quality and improvement field, there is no perfect process. Even the best can find room for improvement. So, for him to say that really rubs me the wrong way. :rolleyes:
Overconfidence is why the game from last week was so terrible. I was hoping that MM would be wise enough to let the haters words sink in, and spur the players on to violently win on Monday night.

Primetime42

Reaction score
I'm concerned that if we win we're going to have to turn around and play on Saturday in San Francisco.

That is kind of BS