Twitter: McCarthy on Prescott

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Staff, please close this thread.

I think the evidence is pretty clear that Dak is a great field general, but if he throws behind a receiver on a crucial third down, that intangible won't matter. That's my concern with him. Even in the Philly blowout, he threw behind his receivers on crossing routes. Those kinds of throws not only can be costly because they end a drive, but because they can result in turnovers. Hopefully, he's on point in this game, but he's still been a little off compared to how he was playing the first part of the year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There are two ways of seeing every question. I've never been a detractor of Dak, so evidently, you haven't figured me out yet. One could easily wonder after a few years together with MM why such a question is necessitated. My question wasn't intended to cause a negative stir from anyone -- that's for sure. I, also, wasn't the only one to pose an honestly innocent question. No need to assume it was done in an angry, negative manner -- a curious manner, yes.
Few years? You mean 2.

And this is the first time they are in playoffs together. He is asking a coach who has been there multiple times and won a Superbowl....maybe he is making sure he is doing everything and learning from a Superbowl winning coach...

I never assumed you are a detractor. Never seen your posts along with detractors. But the comment stands for detractors. Evident on this thread.

I never thought you were angry. Negative.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the evidence is pretty clear that Dak is a great field general, but if he throws behind a receiver on a crucial third down, that intangible won't matter. That's my concern with him. Even in the Philly blowout, he threw behind his receivers on crossing routes. Those kinds of throws not only can be costly because they end a drive, but because they can result in turnovers. Hopefully, he's on point in this game, but he's still been a little off compared to how he was playing the first part of the year.

What evidence proves he's a leader? Tell me this clear evidence.

Echospacing

Reaction score
I think is functioning in the role of the leader of the offensive unit on the field which makes him a leader. Whether he is the one you or I would ultimately want is anther story

cowboyec

Reaction score
Just such an amazing quarterback whisperer.

It's so obvious as to his sensei type guidance with how Green Bay was so successful while he was head coach there.

I mean look at Rodgers decline since Master McCarthy left, geez.

Wait til Moore leaves and Big Mike can develop Dak like everyone knows he did Rodgers. Just like is talked here, Dak is already just as good as State Farm guy anyway. Can you imagine how Dak will take off once Mike can personally tutor him?

Man...

I mean the sky's the limit.
mean while....aaron rodgers still has yet to win a super bowl without him.
but.
feel free.

visionary

Reaction score

exactly
Warner said this in the video about Jimmy G but applies to Dak also. He said these slants and short ins are gimme throws and a starting QB in the NFL should never miss these

of course Dak does this all the time

DandyDon52

Reaction score
mike is just saying something good about his qb, cant say anything negative,
like read defenses better, dont stare down the guys your wanting to throw to. look at 2nd and 3rd reads sometimes.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
exactly
Warner said this in the video about Jimmy G but applies to Dak also. He said these slants and short ins are gimme throws and a starting QB in the NFL should never miss these

of course Dak does this all the time
yeah I watched that and kurt could read a defense as it unfolds, not just pre snap, and would know where to look and throw.
most qb today , not just dak cant do that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I kind of wish he would have said score in the red zone. If Dak and the offense score in the redzone and don't turn it over we are a scary good team.

The Cowboys closed out the regular season hitting paydirt on something like 13 straight red zone trips.. Of the many things I am worried about.. That aint one of them.

plymkr

Reaction score
The Cowboys closed out the regular season hitting paydirt on something like 13 straight red zone trips.. Of the many things I am worried about.. That aint one of them.
That is encouraging. If we keep that up and our defense plays well then I'm not scared of anyone. Even the invincible 49ers can't beat us if we're on our game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That is encouraging. If we keep that up and our defense plays well then I'm not scared of anyone. Even the invincible 49ers can't beat us if we're on our game.

That's really the key right there.. the Cowboys just need to play their game.. They don't need to do anything spectacular.. nobody needs to go ham.. Just do what they do at a high level and they win.. Dak throws for 250 and 1 TD.. runs for another.. Zeke goes for 70 yards and 2 short TD runs.. Pollard goes for 50 and 1 longer TD run.. Diggs gets 1 pick.. Tank gets a sack and forces one fumble.. Gregory gets a sack.. Parsons gets half a sack (shared with one other player maybe Gallimore) and 3 TFLs. Coop gets 6 catches for 75 .. Lamb 5 catches for 80.. Wilson has 4 for 50.. 1 TD.. Schultz and Jarwin combine for 8 catches and 60 yards.. Nothing spectacular.. just .. do your thing in workmanlike fashion.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

It has been stated over and over again by those around him. So testimony is the evidence. On the field and sideline, we can only really see it through the interaction ... but those interactions are mainly the same ones we see with most starting quarterbacks because of the position they are in.

Do you choose not to believe those like McCarthy who have said that he is a leader? Do you need me to make you a list of all the teammates and others who are around him who have bragged about his leadership?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has been stated over and over again by those around him. So testimony is the evidence. On the field and sideline, we can only really see it through the interaction ... but those interactions are mainly the same ones we see with most starting quarterbacks because of the position they are in.

Do you choose not to believe those like McCarthy who have said that he is a leader? Do you need me to make you a list of all the teammates and others who are around him who have bragged about his leadership?

Ah, so nothing but words then. Noted.

He's a leader cause people said stuff.

Hey does this mean if we say he's a real franchise QB he'll become that too?