Twitter: McCarthy Presser Tweets - 11/17/21 - D. Lawrence and Tyron updates

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yet Zuerlein has not missed any pressure kicks including some long kicks for game winners.
He’s missed very meaningful kicks. All “pressure kicks” aren’t in the 4th quarter.

He was one of the biggest reasons we lost to the Bucs. He’s also missed early kicks (Vikings) that forced the team to alter their late-game strategies. Every kick matters. Just like every play matters.

Nearly every kick off his foot looks like a wobbling knuckle ball — not exactly the most reassuring quality in a kicker. Can you tell me that you have true confidence that he’ll make any individual kick?

The thing is, I know you know all of this. You owe no individual player undying loyalty just because they have a star on their helmet. It’s okay to want the most talented player possible playing each position.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He’s missed very meaningful kicks. All “pressure kicks” aren’t in the 4th quarter.

He was one of the biggest reasons we lost to the Bucs. He’s also missed early kicks that forced the team to alter their late-game strategies. Every kick matters. Just like every play matters.

Nearly every kick off his foot looks like a wobbling knuckle ball — not exactly the most reassuring quality in a kicker. Can you tell me that you have true confidence that he’ll make any individual kick?

The thing is, I know you know all of this. You owe no individual player undying loyalty just because they have a star on their helmet. It’s okay to want the most talented player possible playing each position.

I have no true confidence in many kickers what I do know is Zuerlien has hit some big kicks that has won games and sent a game into OT. Now what confidence do I have in a guy who up until last week has never kicked in an NFL reg season game and did not hit any FG in that game outside of extra points, I don't see how that gives confidence vs someone who has faced pressure and made them. I agree all missed FG can comeback but you are wrong pressure kicks are the ones that you hit to win or send a game into OT the pressure is no greater than those kicks

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why do you hide your age? Are you in high school?
What's my age even matter? You're not required to be a senior citizen to see through your posts.

One more time, you predict Cowboys blowout wins every week, then they lose, and you hide away until they win again. But best believe if the Cowboys win you're on here calling everyone out that chose to say that every opponent should be taken seriously. You are one of THOSE types of fans. A front runner we like to say.

Don't bother responding, because I'll be the bigger person here and walk away after that one. I've wasted enough time on this back and forth.

rambo2

Reaction score
What's my age even matter? You're not required to be a senior citizen to see through your posts.

One more time, you predict Cowboys blowout wins every week, then they lose, and you hide away until they win again. But best believe if the Cowboys win you're on here calling everyone out that chose to say that every opponent should be taken seriously. You are one of THOSE types of fans. A front runner we like to say.

Don't bother responding, because I'll be the bigger person here and walk away after that one. I've wasted enough time on this back and forth.
Lol, don't tell me that you are actually in high school? You shouldn't be embarrassed to tell your age. I'll guess that you are between 17 and 20.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I wouldn’t play Tyron Sunday. Not with another game 3 days later. Ideally I’d sit him both games and then let him get the 10 days to get right for the Saints. I know we need him and I know these are big games but him being healthy for the playoffs /end of the season is more important than statement games in November.

now I’m not the team or it’s doctors and they know more than me so I’ll trust em but I’d be very cautious

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have no true confidence in many kickers what I do know is Zuerlien has hit some big kicks that has won games and sent a game into OT. Now what confidence do I have in a guy who up until last week has never kicked in an NFL reg season game and did not hit any FG in that game outside of extra points, I don't see how that gives confidence vs someone who has faced pressure and made them. I agree all missed FG can comeback but you are wrong pressure kicks are the ones that are the ones you hit to win or send a game into OT the pressure is no greater than those kicks

good points there. My counter argument would be… how are we to ever know what the unproven guy can/will do, unless he’s put in that position?

Did the Pats know that Adam Vinatieri, who went undrafted and played in Europe, would turn into the greatest kicker in history? No. But they took a risk and gave him a shot. The rest is literal history.

Heck, the Cowboys did the same with Dan Bailey. In the 2011 training camp, Bailey had to beat out 3 other kickers — one being David Buehler, the 2010 place kicker and a guy that the Cowboys spent draft capital on. But the Cowboys were proactive and gave an unproven guy a shot. Bailey was the most accurate kicker in history for a number of years.

Hajrullahu has been the unquestioned best kicker in other legitimate football leagues in the recent past. Does he have NFL pedigree? No. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t worthy of consideration. I, for one, would rather take a calculated risk on a guy who COULD BE very very good vs. hold on to a kicker who’s proven is less-than-reliable.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I wouldn’t play Tyron Sunday. Not with another game 3 days later. Ideally I’d sit him both games and then let him get the 10 days to get right for the Saints. I know we need him and I know these are big games but him being healthy for the playoffs /end of the season is more important than statement games in November.

now I’m not the team or it’s doctors and they know more than me so I’ll trust em but I’d be very cautious
This isnt the NBA and load management doesnt exist. If hes healthy put him out there. Every single game matters. We are vying for the 1 seed. We DO NOT want to go to Lambeau in January.

rambo2

Reaction score
good points there. My counter argument would be… how are we to ever know what the unproven guy can/will do, unless he’s put in that position?

Did the Pats know that Adam Vinatieri, who went undrafted and played in Europe, would turn into the greatest kicker in history? No. But they took a risk and gave him a shot. The rest is literal history.

Heck, the Cowboys did the same with Dan Bailey. In the 2011 training camp, Bailey had to beat out 3 other kickers — one being David Buehler, the 2010 place kicker and a guy that the Cowboys spent draft capital on. But the Cowboys were proactive and gave an unproven guy a shot. Bailey was the most accurate kicker in history for a number of years.

Hajrullahu has been the unquestioned best kicker in other legitimate football leagues in the recent past. Does he have NFL pedigree? No. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t worthy of consideration. I, for one, would rather take a calculated risk on a guy who COULD BE very very good vs. hold on to a kicker who’s proven is less-than-reliable.
Why would they keep 2 kickers on the roster and who would they cut? Greg Z. was on the covid list. Now he comes off of the covid list. I don't see them keeping 2 kickers on the roster and don't see them cutting Greg Z.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

You do it during the pre season not in the middle of the year unless there is no choice because of injury. I don't think this is tryout time, if Zuerlien is healthy he will be the kicker, no question in my mind.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This isnt the NBA and load management doesnt exist. If hes healthy put him out there. Every single game matters. We are vying for the 1 seed. We DO NOT want to go to Lambeau in January.

putting a guy with a Calf injury and a long injury history period out there at 75% and then again 72 hours later is absolutely asinine. If this team is championship caliber they’ll be able to go anywhere and win period IF needed. Obviously we all want the number 1 seed and that’s not the preferable path but not at the risk of losing our stalwart on the o line.

and while it’s not the nba Tyron smith will have to be managed moving forward to some degree, love it or hate it it’s the truth. He’s just so damn good and on such a good deal you live with him for the 10-12 games a year he plays. If you rush him back for a non conference game & he has a setback or at worse injures something else 1 seed or not your not gonna have to worry about a deep playoff run.

phildadon86

Reaction score
putting a guy with a Calf injury and a long injury history period out there at 75% and then again 72 hours later is absolutely asinine. If this team is championship caliber they’ll be able to go anywhere and win period IF needed. Obviously we all want the number 1 seed and that’s not the preferable path but not at the risk of losing our stalwart on the o line.

and while it’s not the nba Tyron smith will have to be managed moving forward to some degree, love it or hate it it’s the truth. He’s just so damn good and on such a good deal you live with him for the 10-12 games a year he plays. If you rush him back for a non conference game & he has a setback or at worse injures something else 1 seed or not your not gonna have to worry about a deep playoff run.
Rest him in practice then. Not games.