McCarthy quote on Kellen Moore

foofighters

Reaction score
That's stupid. It was a joke about the haters here and your panties are wadded you want may want to consider being more objective about the team.
Meh, I am objective as they come. You obviously don't pay attention because you're too busy trying to be too cute. It's not working. Please watch my posts for how to be humorous. It will help you with your loved ones at home too!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
“Kellen was someone I was watching from afar,” McCarthy said, “regardless of what opportunity worked out for myself. The opportunity to work with Kellen was something I was going to pursue either way.”

Clearly Jerry started meddling with McCarthy years ago!
Translation....."We are running the West Coast offense and I dont want to change up the terminology on Dak so I had to keep Kellen around until I get familiar enough with it to call plays myself. I knew that would be the case before I even interviewed with JJ and SJ"

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Translation....."We are running the West Coast offense and I dont want to change up the terminology on Dak so I had to keep Kellen around until I get familiar enough with it to call plays myself. I knew that would be the case before I even interviewed with JJ and SJ"

:huh: Not sure about your translation here. He admits he was coming after Kellen regardless of where he was hired. What Dak has to do with it.......Here's Mike singling out his respect for Kellen and his play design before he had any idea where he'd be coaching. In other words, his respect for Kellen is real IMO.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/16/mike-mccarthy-coaching-nfl-fmia-week-15-peter-king/
When McCarthy showed me some plays to illustrate what he’d import into his offense, the one I liked most came from the third play of the Cowboys 2019 season. “RPO Dover” is what McCarthy called this. On second-and-eight from the Dallas 40, the Cowboys lined up in a power-run formation and design—seven across the offensive line, Ezekiel Elliott motioning from the left flank into a sidecar to Dak Prescott, with two seeming distractions only, Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup, split wide left. The Giants had a cornerback eight yards off Gallup, outside the numbers, and a safety 10 yards off Cooper, who was inside of Gallup. At the snap, Prescott play-actioned to Elliott, flowing to his right. Nine Giants flowed to that side. Prescott pulled the ball out of Elliott’s gut. Both receivers ran quick in-routes, unchallenged by defenders, and Prescott flipped to Cooper, inside, for one of the easiest nine-yard gains of his life. First down.

McCarthy was visibly excited by the play. “The beauty of it,” he said excitedly, “is you can still run. It’s a clean run. But the free yards on the pass . . . that is such a smart design.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think he will be calling plays according to MM game plan. I just hope he adjusts him if he gets away from the run. MM not used to having a run game and we are built to run it.

Reactions: CWR

Kaiser

Reaction score

No, the real translation is that people like Dak have called Moore a genius since he was a rookie QB. Bob Sturm had been calling for Garrett to be fired for a long time and he wrote in any article that everyone who has ever been in a room with Moore called him a football savant.

Kaiser

Reaction score
As an aside: I miss the ignore feature desperately. It’s not “for the weak minded.” It’s for ignoring the weak minded. Says so right in its name.

I know, that argument that "everyone has to be heard" is so silly. If you sit down in a bar and the guy to your right is in the Montana Militia and the guy to your left is an ecoterrorist, are you required to sit and listen to them?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
“Kellen was someone I was watching from afar,” McCarthy said, “regardless of what opportunity worked out for myself. The opportunity to work with Kellen was something I was going to pursue either way.”

Clearly Jerry started diddling McCarthy years ago!

I corrected a grammar error muchacho!

:dance:

Brax

Reaction score

Clearly Jerry started meddling with McCarthy years ago!
You are truly a company man, MM lied just like he did about all the plays he watched. MM wanted this job in the worse way so don't put any credence in anything MM said or will say, Jerry owns him body and soul. You need to take off the homer Jerry glasses, your guy Jerry sucks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Ignore feature at work:

giphy.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This is beyond ignorant for anyone to say

Calling plays is a fraction of a head coaches responsibilities...just bc Garrett didn't call plays and still brought nothing to the table, doesn't mean MM brings nothing to the table bc he isn't calling plays
He’s a troll. Never has anything good to say.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I know, that argument that "everyone has to be heard" is so silly. If you sit down in a bar and the guy to your right is in the Montana Militia and the guy to your left is an ecoterrorist, are you required to sit and listen to them?
I would buy them both multiple hard drinks and maneuver them to somehow sit next to each other and watch.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Compared to you he’s Mr. Rogers.

Its hard to listen to lectures on negativity from a guy that starts physically twitching at the mention of Garrett.

And he spent pages and pages of a thread saying Garrett had the team using Boise State's hand signals from ten years ago, but I'm supposed to pretend like he was right about everything he ever said.