Twitter: McCarthy to Sean Lee “If you’re dumb enough to get into coaching, we should definitely talk.”

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Now Sean can be an announcer.
Look out, Tony!!!

Yeah, don’t know why you would have a problem with that. Are you jealous?

Didn’t your mom tell you you could be whatever you wanted to be if you set your mind to it and worked hard?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What lovefest? You have a reading disability.

You called him privileged and "loyalty" and wondered what made you say that.

We all know he's brittle. Nothing new since he's been drafted. But being brittle on the field is not a disqualification for being a coach.

Yeah, what's the old saying? "Those than can, do. Those that can't, teach"...

quickccc

Reaction score
I'd take Sean Lee as a quality control guy 8 days a week. The way this guy watches film and breaks down opponents, hell yeah.

He'll be somebody's position coach right away should he choose to coach.
He's really spent up as a player. Just seems like he cannot range and move into an area anymore.
Even if he wanted to play another year, I would not want him back as a player anymore.
But just like ex-NFL players to eventually DC, Tony Dungy Jerry Gray, Dennis Thurman, Leslie Frazier, , etc. I can see him eventually as ex-player turn DC

cern

Reaction score
i think he'd be an outstanding lb coach right out of the blocks. tangibles, intangibles, no need to worry about frangibles after playing days over.

cern

Reaction score
Not always. Bill Walsh never played in the NFL but he was a somewhat successful head coach, e.g.
true enough, but he had some success playing in a small college. just like kellen moore. some are just brighter at figuring things out. moore is one of those guys.

Cmac

Reaction score
He'll be somebody's position coach right away should he choose to coach.
He's really spent up as a player. Just seems like he cannot range and move into an area anymore.
Even if he wanted to play another year, I would not want him back as a player anymore.
But just like ex-NFL players to eventually DC, Tony Dungy Jerry Gray, Dennis Thurman, Leslie Frazier, , etc. I can see him eventually as ex-player turn DC
Strongest word in that...…"eventually". I'm just the same with that too.....we've seen the OJT coaching already.

ESisback

Reaction score
Dont be dense google it

I vaguely remember several posts by hypersensitive Eeyores whining about some supposed offense that Lee committed against some entitled teammate, but I don’t feel like researching unfounded hatred.

Sean Lee has been a great player who hasn’t been able to stay healthy. IMHO, because of his injuries and Penn State affiliation, he’s drawn criticism from a certain segment whose culture clashes with his simple, blue collar integrity.

KDM256

Reaction score
Lee has been with this team since 2010 and has played a full season only 3 times in that time span. Lee has had plenty of time throughout the years to break down game film with these Cowboy teams and help players on the sidelines, he's there more than the coaches. I couldn't imagine with all the free time he has during the week not preparing for NFL games week in and out, you would think the "coach on the field" would have more input in these position group meetings??

Truth be told Sean Lee has looked just as "lost and helpless" on the field as Jaylon and LVE ever since Matt Eberflus packed his bags for Indy. So if McCarthy wants to talk about bringing in someone to help progress these linebackers, McCarthy needs to be calling up Eberflus.

ESisback

Reaction score
Lee has been with this team since 2010 and has played a full season only 3 times in that time span. Lee has had plenty of time throughout the years to break down game film with these Cowboy teams and help players on the sidelines, he's there more than the coaches. I couldn't imagine with all the free time he has during the week not preparing for NFL games week in and out, you would think the "coach on the field" would have more input in these position group meetings??

Truth be told Sean Lee has looked just as "lost and helpless" on the field as Jaylon and LVE ever since Matt Eberflus packed his bags for Indy. So if McCarthy wants to talk about bringing in someone to help progress these linebackers, McCarthy needs to be calling up Eberflus.

I disagree about Lee—I’d want him on the staff—but I agree about Eberflus. I like Edwards, too. Edwards/Eberflus/Lee would work, but who’d be DC? Who’d be LB Coach? Going from successful DC at Indy to LB Coach at rebuilding Dallas—wouldn’t that be a demotion? Or would a return “home” with a hefty raise, and a chance to jump start America’s Team....??...

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I vaguely remember several posts by hypersensitive Eeyores whining about some supposed offense that Lee committed against some entitled teammate, but I don’t feel like researching unfounded hatred.

Sean Lee has been a great player who hasn’t been able to stay healthy. IMHO, because of his injuries and Penn State affiliation, he’s drawn criticism from a certain segment whose culture clashes with his simple, blue collar integrity.
Ill be happy when the snake is gone. Its not hatred btw thats a strong word that only your segment uses and acts upon.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

All facts right here

ESisback

Reaction score
Ill be happy when the snake is gone. Its not hatred btw thats a strong word that only your segment uses and acts upon.

Calling him a snake? Sounds like hatred to me! Great, but constantly injured. Strong work ethic, simple blue collar integrity from Penn State doesn’t appeal to the entitled culture that now dominates the league.