Twitter: McCarthy wants Prescott to run more this year

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All I can say it is up to the players and coaches to get the job done.
It’s up to ownership to hire the front office , coaching staffs and players to get it done . And not meddle or undermine the staff and personnel while attempting to create a non toxic atmosphere.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It’s up to ownership to hire the front office , coaching staffs and players to get it done . And not meddle or undermine the staff and personnel while attempting to create a non toxic atmosphere.

and it fine, I think this team can win how you feel may be different. I think we have the talent to win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and it fine, I think this team can win how you feel may be different. I think we have the talent to win.
Then you have bought into the hype. Most analysts would disagree we have enough talent overall to win it all.

Maybe I should ask you , win what?

Swagger

Reaction score
Romo spent a career looking to improve each year, I expect no less of Dak or any other player. I expect them to work and look to improve themselves as players
But Romo actually improved and just the basics

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I side with the team also, but I don't do it in the cultish brainwashing type of way some do.

I complain about the team because they deserve for their fans to complain about them. I don't care if it does any good or changes anything. I don't expect it too.

The complaining over not having playoff success does the same amount as the praise for winning the division.... Nothing.
I’m not sure where you are but I assure you there’s ample complaining going on here in Dallas area.

And there is on this forum as well . No doubt more of a negative tone overall. You shouldn’t base your thoughts on a few extremist homers anymore than we should on some trolls.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I look for results, not sure what you are talking about. Only difference I don't spend every waking hour looking to slam the Cowboys. I know we have certain weakness as do others in the NFL and we have areas of concern that we will not know how they will pan out until the season starts. I hope to see this team build off this past season that goes for players and coaches alike. At the end of the day I side with the team, never been much of a whiner.
It’s called being a knowledgeable, passionate fan.When you spend hard earned money and time into this team, you’re entitled to say whatever you want, even though we know ownerships main priority isn’t to win, but to keep the family biz filthy rich.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Then you have bought into the hype. Most analysts would disagree we have enough talent overall to win it all.

Maybe I should ask you , win what?

I think this team has talent, we also have weakness, I'm not blind for do I buy into hype. I understand the challenge this team has and I also know they will need to overcome. I'm not of the mind set this team can't win that is your prerogative to feel that way but I do not share that view. Most analysts have said Dallas has the talent to win and we have had several years where analysts predicted the Cowboys to challenge for the SB

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And the same fans ate it up as the gospel.

They're so easily fooled. No wonder Jerry Jones can make billions while knowing nothing about football with a fanbase like this supporting him it's almost impossible to fail.
It’s a love/ hate relationship. Jethro is the most hated sports personality in Dallas area while the Cowboys are most loved .

We all know he’s our greatest obstacle to overcome . Well , most of us do. And to his credit unfortunately he puts together a good enough team to remain somewhat relevant and interesting some years which is enough to hype and sell to the masses.

But financially the fix has been in since the new stadium was complete. It priced out most of the Diehards. It’s a corporate social event now .

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think this team has talent, we also have weakness, I'm not blind for do I buy into hype. I understand the challenge this team has and I also know they will need to overcome. I'm not of the mind set this team can't win that is your prerogative to feel that way but I do not share that view. Most analysts have said Dallas has the talent to win and we have had several years where analysts predicted the Cowboys to challenge for the SB
Very few if any I can quote beyond our own fan circle have said they have enough talent to win SB.

Enough talent to win is a broad description . They have enough to contend for division and playoffs but beyond that is very sketchy at best.

You’re welcome to believe that but without history it’s a difficult sell except to some Cowboy fans .

Beaker42

Reaction score
In the playoffs? Absolutely you risk it. You've played an entire season on that ankle.

You do whatever it takes to advance at that point. You don't take the playoffs for granted. Dak may never see the playoffs again. There are no guarantees in this game and you have to seize every chance you get.
My bad - didn’t catch playofffs part. Yeah, different story. Guess I was looking at early season as opposed to end of season. Peace

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It’s a love/ hate relationship. Jethro is the most hated sports personality in Dallas area while the Cowboys are most loved .

We all know he’s our greatest obstacle to overcome . Well , most of us do. And to his credit unfortunately he puts together a good enough team to remain somewhat relevant and interesting some years which is enough to hype and sell to the masses.

But financially the fix has been in since the new stadium was complete. It priced out most of the Diehards. It’s a corporate social event now .

Cowboys ticket prices are well within the range of other teams around the NFL
• Average NFL ticket price | Statista

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Very few if any I can quote beyond our own fan circle have said they have enough talent to win SB.

Enough talent to win is a broad description . They have enough to contend for division and playoffs but beyond that is very sketchy at best.

You’re welcome to believe that but without history it’s a difficult sell except to some Cowboy fans .

BS this team has had several years were predictions of being a front runner for the SB were very high and not from local sports news. I have listed to many who have claimed this team has the talent to win but have failed to do so. Believe me while I respect your views yours are far from the other view.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What do you call those runs when he's giving up his body and he gets hammered?

I see no difference is his play since he signed that contract but I do see that since his ankle and calf and I don't believe him, his wheels were a drawback all last season.

I will agree with some of the points some that don't like him at QB make but I do not think that is fair. I do not think any QB has more of a will to win than Prescott. The man has been fighting this "he's not good enough" for most of his life.

I also do not live in the mind of a QB than knows if he goes down, the team gores down with him. That is not arrogance, it is responsibility.
I definitely think he wants to win, and I would not bet against him doing that before he is done. Whether that is here or not is something different to discuss.

He just needs to be used correctly, and I personally don't think that's what's happening, partly based on his contract. His rookie deal was thrown away on the Garrett experiment slash Jerry ego trip.

The good news is.....I know nothing, and I'm often wrong.

So.....keep dropping back 50 times a game Dak and Kellen. Let's see.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
BS this team has had several years were predictions of being a front runner for the SB were very high and not from local sports news. I have listed to many who have claimed this team has the talent to win but have failed to do so. Believe me while I respect your views yours are far from the other view.
Those reviews were only after a 3-0 and 6-1 starts . Never near the end of season .

We have been nothing more than front runners a few seasons at best.

Even the two seasons where we had home field this era we weren’t heavily predicted to win it all.

Cowboys continue to be over hyped and promoted.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I definitely think he wants to win, and I would not bet against him doing that before he is done. Whether that is here or not is something different to discuss.

He just needs to be used correctly, and I personally don't think that's what's happening, partly based on his contract. His rookie deal was thrown away on the Garrett experiment slash Jerry ego trip.

You wouldn't bet on him either lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I wouldn’t bet on anyone in this dysfunctional situation. Not even Brady or Rodgers.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sound like a lame duck Head Coach. Dak has always been dual threat. He is not fast but he is athletic, can run, willing to run, and has to run for his game to be whole.

He needs to get the RBs the ball early in his read progressions.
Yea, another disappointing season and Fat Mikey is gone .