Twitter: McCarthy wants Prescott to run more this year

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
As mobile? No however I think he can be more effective than he was when he was drafted. I don't envision him running as much as he did when he 1st entered the league I do think using the ability to run on designed plays can help slow down pass rush and I think he must learn to take what you can get then slide of get out of bound. He was never Michael Vick fast but he was still a threat that defense had to account for.
Thats the game I want to see Dak become improved on, take the safe out, and avoid the easy pick six into soft zones.
If he can develop some basic skills, then we have at the very least a serviceable QB for the next couple seasons.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s as great as some say nor do I think he’s as bad as others do.
His stats will look good at the end of the year, but he’s not a big moment player, if that makes any sense.When you have to have 7, he’ll lead you to 3.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And the same fans ate it up as the gospel.

They're so easily fooled. No wonder Jerry Jones can make billions while knowing nothing about football with a fanbase like this supporting him it's almost impossible to fail.

and what about you? Jerry does not need to do anything, you still watching the Cowboys play?

Swagger

Reaction score
Thats the game I want to see Dak become improved on, take the safe out, and avoid the easy pick six into soft zones.
If he can develop some basic skills, then we have at the very least a serviceable QB for the next couple seasons.
Come on though he's in year 7 - why hasn't he developed these basic skills by now?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I call those runs "I'm trying to get paid" runs. He got hurt, got paid, and stopped running.

I think the problem with Dak is that he is, in fact, "good enough". But, that's it. He's just good enough. It doesn't go beyond that. Simply being "good enough" can give you a nice career in sports, but you're not putting teams on your back and winning championships without guys that are better than "just good enough" all around you.
Most of the league has QB’s who are “ just good enough” to build around . It is what it is .

Unfortunately there’s not enough Elite QB’s to fill 32 teams .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We both go to the carnival, but only one of us is fooled by the magic tricks.

I look for results, not sure what you are talking about. Only difference I don't spend every waking hour looking to slam the Cowboys. I know we have certain weakness as do others in the NFL and we have areas of concern that we will not know how they will pan out until the season starts. I hope to see this team build off this past season that goes for players and coaches alike. At the end of the day I side with the team, never been much of a whiner.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Come on though he's in year 7 - why hasn't he developed these basic skills by now?
QBs can last a long time in this league, because of supply demand.
Dak will exist in this league at some level until he decides to hang it up.
There will always be a job for Dak in this league.
He might end up as a Dolphin to finish off his earnings when his days in Dallas are over.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I look for results, not sure what you are talking about. Only difference I don't spend every waking hour looking to slam the Cowboys. I know we have certain weakness as do others in the NFL and we have areas of concern that we will not know how they will pan out until the season starts. I hope to see this team build off this past season that goes for players and coaches alike. At the end of the day I side with the team, never been much of a whiner.
I side with the team also, but I don't do it in the cultish brainwashing type of way some do.

I complain about the team because they deserve for their fans to complain about them. I don't care if it does any good or changes anything. I don't expect it too.

The complaining over not having playoff success does the same amount as the praise for winning the division.... Nothing.

Swagger

Reaction score
QBs can last a long time in this league, because of supply demand.
Dak will exist in this league at some level until he decides to hang it up.
There will always be a job for Dak in this league.
He might end up as a Dolphin to finish off his earnings when his days in Dallas are over.
I see Prescott ending up as a backup should he leave the Cowboys. He would begin as the starter elsewhere but another team wouldn't be as Loyal as the Cowboys front office.

Scotman

Reaction score
Being removed from the injury does not mean that Dak will ever return to being a mobile QB ever again, regardless where he plays when his days are over here.
Its not a knock on Dak, its just the natural progression of the aging process.
This is a ridiculous assumption that this fan base has some how accepted, that we are dependent on Dak becoming mobile again as part of the excuse for his poor play.
That part of his game will never return, so time to come up with more excuses about the OL and running game being atrocious.
Dak is a fine, good , FO franchise figure head for the time being.

You're probably right. I'm old enough to know that injuries seem to accumulate...not go away.

817Gill

Reaction score
Again, it's the playoffs, some guys will do whatever it takes to win and others won't.

We seem to have a guy that makes business decisions instead.

If Dak never sees the playoffs again in his career then I'm sure he'll be just fine living with not doing all he could do. He don't strike me as one of those "win at all costs" type of guy.
Not seeing the logic there when a it’s not like a QB run was the difference in the game. It just seems like you really don’t like him as your QB and that’s your right.

I just like when you post substantive negativity that can spark debate rather than complain at something like this. Wanting someone with a compromised leg who’s not even that good of a runner to call his own number a bunch is so random.

Also, he did rush for 27 on 4 carries for 6.8 ypc, a 17 yard long, and a touchdown. He ran more that game than he did any single game all year. So if anything he did push it and try to run more in that game.

He simply wasn’t good enough that game and it had little to do with pushing it to run.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Romo spent a career looking to improve each year, I expect no less of Dak or any other player. I expect them to work and look to improve themselves as players

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and what about you? Jerry does not need to do anything, you still watching the Cowboys play?
Yea, most Cowboy fans see what we are. And realize QB isn’t our only concern.

It doesn’t mean we still can’t follow and root our team on regardless how dysfunctional our franchise is.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not seeing the logic there when a it’s not like a QB run was the difference in the game. It just seems like you really don’t like him as your QB and that’s your right.

I just like when you post substantive negativity that can spark debate rather than complain at something like this. Wanting someone with a compromised leg who’s not even that good of a runner to call his own number a bunch is so random.

Also, he did rush for 27 on 4 carries for 6.8 ypc, a 17 yard long, and a touchdown. He ran more that game than he did any single game all year. So if anything he did push it and try to run more in that game.

He simply wasn’t good enough that game and it had little to do with pushing it to run.
That 17 yarder ended our season. The one time he decide "Hey! I'm going to run the ball!" it ended our season.

But you're right. He wasn't good enough that game. I don't envision any scenario where Dak plays good enough against 4 playoff teams in a row (If we're a Wild Card team) like we would need him to do if we want to win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yea, most Cowboy fans see what we are. And realize QB isn’t our only concern.

It doesn’t mean we still can’t follow and root our team on regardless how dysfunctional our franchise is.

All I can say it is up to the players and coaches to get the job done.

phildadon86

Reaction score
And the same fans ate it up as the gospel.

They're so easily fooled. No wonder Jerry Jones can make billions while knowing nothing about football with a fanbase like this supporting him it's almost impossible to fail.
The Cowboys as a brand is a license to print money. And until the fans start making noise to the effect of boycotting games (never going to happen) and the media actually starts asking questions which make Jerry and his son look like the incompetent idiots they are (also never going to happen) it will be more of the same. Yet. I will watch every game. It is what it is.