McCarthy was supposed to give Dallas an edge

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Garrett was still here these games would have ended up like that Atl game a while back when Fak got lit up by the pass rush. We have a makeshift Oline nd secondary yet we still SHOULD be 3-0. It's just week 3 guys
I understand but it’s all the evidence we have at this time. The analysis is subject to change on upcoming results.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Coach Mike McCarthy’s team has looked sloppy and unprepared too often this season. There have been too many blown coverages, too many special teams miscues and too many penalties.

There has also been some questionable strategy. He was supposed to give the Cowboys an edge on the sideline. Through three games, it hasn’t happened yet.

This is someone who has been waiting months to make this post. It's deliberately obtuse given the oddity that is 2020, which turned out to be the worst year to change coaches.

McCarthy wasn't my first choice either, and I haven't liked some of his decisions, but it's grossly unfair (if not agenda driven) to draw conclusions on him after 3 games.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course. You don’t like the message so attacking the messenger.
nah look all over this board you are insidious.

most horrible outlook and nothing but negativity..the message is not delivered coming from a pessimist with nothing but emotional outbursts.. noones listening you argue like a teenage girl and never le tit go all into the night you like to just keep on and just want to be right no matter how many replies you have to hit until 3am.. its sad really..

people tune you out theres no message that will get through the way you try and deliver it..

everyone's entitled to an opinion around here but once that opinion is stated even if it differs at some point STOP TRYIG TO MAKE PEOPLE CAVE AND COME TO YOUR SIDE..ITS ANNOYING..

watch the debate last night you are worse then those two and that tough to do.. that how you come across a DIE HARD BABY!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is someone who has been waiting months to make this post. It's deliberately obtuse given the oddity that is 2020, which turned out to be the worst year to change coaches.

McCarthy wasn't my first choice either, and I haven't liked some of his decisions, but it's grossly unfair (if not agenda driven) to draw conclusions on him after 3 games.
This post and my thought was influenced by one our local papers which Im often influenced by and aligned with heir perspective. And enjoy promoting the narrative for everyone to consider.

This is simply providing an analysis and criticism after the results of the first 3 games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
nah look all over this board you are insidious.

most horrible outlook and nothing but negativity..the message is not delivered coming from a pessimist with nothing but emotional outbursts.. noones listening you argue like a teenage girl and never le tit go all into the night you like to just keep on and just want to be right no matter how many replies you have to hit until 3am.. its sad really..

people tune you out theres no message that will get through the way you try and deliver it..

everyone's entitled to an opinion around here but once that opinion is stated even if it differs at some point STOP TRYIG TO MAKE PEOPLE CAVE AND COME TO YOUR SIDE..ITS ANNOYING..

watch the debate last night you are worse then those two and that tough to do.. that how you come across a DIE HARD BABY!
I appreciate your contribution to this thread helping keep it on the front page so more can see my narrative.

And I’m not sure what you were referring to last night. Care to expand ?

Mannix

Reaction score
-----And you have decided in your planck length knowledge after three games he's been a failure???

Yes sir....he was a failure in Green Bay who got fired for good reason

Mannix

Reaction score
------Aaron Rodgers told us all about McCarthy a few years ago. You guys just wanted to buy into the hype (again).

Agreed....Rodgers is a DB who I wouldn't mind seeing go down with an ACL...yet, he knows more about how to run an offense than MM will ever know.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
I think McCarthy is doing the best he can with The Jones set in their ways, no preseason or OTA's and actually driving the ball downfield. What he is short of is the defense. he hired a personal fired which be very hard for him to fire or have "VERY DIFFICULT" conversations. I think this team just simply needs more time to find the right personnel. I don't think we should be in such a rush to judge.
If I was MM is would use our running back like Julius Jones and Marion Barber. I would use Pollard 1/2 Quarter and Zeke in the 3/4 Quarter. I think Zeke would tires himself out too often in games. I would also move Connor to Swing tackle or part time Fullback.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
With the way the off season has gone nd all the injuries plus coaching change and scheme change and influx of new talent it's going to take a little while. However, He is an Offensive minded coach and I've noticed a difference on the O side. Mostly with the adjustments made throughout the game and not weeks later. With Garrett the injuries would have been too much but were still playing like we should be 3-0 minus stupid mental mistakes. This team is diff. Just have to get the Defense in order.
We shall see.

The most encouraging thing is we remained in position to win vs. LA and Seattle.

Dak has shown he is ready early on. The rest of the offense has responded well especially the OL having to start 3 rookies.

I am happy Badass is starting at center. He needs snaps and let him learn. Dee Dee has been the leading candidate for Rookie of the Year..

ST is greatly improved. I can do without the fake punts but I think those were just not polished enough. Our new placekicker won us a game against Atlanta then missed 2 EX points to possibly lose against Seattle. His KOs are deep so that all is working.

Defense is just riddled with injuries and it's impossible to see what is going on there. Lack of practice just adds to what we see.

These next 3 games at home is like we are starting over. If we can win them..we are in good position to contend for the NFC East.

So we all need to just consider the first three games as our preseason.

The real season starts Sunday.

Loso86

Reaction score
I understand but it’s all the evidence we have at this time. The analysis is subject to change on upcoming results.
Evidence shows hes been better so far, now his DC that's a different story lol

Loso86

Reaction score
We shall see.

The most encouraging thing is we remained in position to win vs. LA and Seattle.

Dak has shown he is ready early on. The rest of the offense has responded well especially the OL having to start 3 rookies.

I am happy Badass is starting at center. He needs snaps and let him learn. Dee Dee has been the leading candidate for Rookie of the Year..

ST is greatly improved. I can do without the fake punts but I think those were just not polished enough. Our new placekicker won us a game against Atlanta then missed 2 EX points to possibly lose against Seattle. His KOs are deep so that all is working.

Defense is just riddled with injuries and it's impossible to see what is going on there. Lack of practice just adds to what we see.

These next 3 games at home is like we are starting over. If we can win them..we are in good position to contend for the NFC East.

I agree, and maybe even 4 games

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We shall see.

Right, even not considering the atrocious NFC East overall. But imho the Cowboys have to win all 3 of the next games, if they can go into the next stretch of 3 division games in the 5 games after the next 3 games with a comfortable lead overall, won't matter so much if they flop at NY or W, which this team is entirely capable of doing...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Right, even not considering the atrocious NFC East overall. But imho the Cowboys have to win all 3 of the next games, if they can go into the next stretch of 3 division games in the 5 games after the next 3 games with a comfortable lead overall, won't matter so much if they flop at NY or W, which this team is entirely capable of doing...
Stop it.

You are scaring me with you post about those games after the coming home stand.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly no normal offseason, training camp and preseason has negatively impacted the Cowboys. Especially on defense. Just need more time to sort it out. Winnable games coming up.
Those issues were the same for every coaching staff.

McC has created his own adversity and now we get to see him rise above that. It's a rough start but he is not a stranger to that and has overcome it in the past. He needs to ask his QB to tell the fans to r-e-l-a-x.

I don't like making excuses but these players missing are not a bunch of scrubs and every OC and QB they'll face is licking their chops once they watch the film. The best DB is a rookie but he is still a rookie facing some very good vet WR's. He'll draw 2 this Sunday. Beckham and Landry can be a handful for any secondary.

If I nave a criticism of McC so far, it is his selection of DC. Nolan needs it all to fall just right and with the missing pieces in the back 7, he's not good at overcoming that but a lot of DC's aren't so I don't know who I would have wanted rather than him.

This is a rough start and until proven differently, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Plenty of time for the wailing and gnashing of teeth later. Got a chance to turn the tide starting Sunday.

links18

Reaction score
He just needs to be better than Garrett to give an edge.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sounds like an excuse for losing.
We know that you are butthurt about the previous coaching staff being fired; although, you probably won't admit it.

Your buddy in 8th grade was probably the son of a coach or something like that or maybe you mowed lawns for one of the coaches and he was nice to you...

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Just attempting to redirect the message. You’re welcome to start your own thread in those comparisons .

In the meantime I’m assuming you don’t think McCarthy has provided an advantage thus far ?

So Garrett gets 10 years to mess up the Cowboys legacy. While you can't even wait till the season to call out McCarthy? Yeah we get how much you already miss Garrett.

But to answer your question McCarthy has shown he can make changes during game time. Something Garrett has failed to do even once during his tenure here in Dallas.