McCarthy: We've adjusted some things in Trey Lance throwing motion

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If they’re adjusting his throwing motion that’s not good, especially with this being his third season.
Why? His throwing mechanics have been one of the biggest knocks on the kid since he was drafted. Typically you don't want to play around too much with a QBs mechanics in season so it makes sense if it's been an offseason adjustment.

If McCarthy thinks he can decrease his release time and increase accuracy with some mechanical tweaks what's the harm? I think you have to look at Lance as playing with house money at this point.

J12B

Reaction score
If they’re adjusting his throwing motion that’s not good, especially with this being his third season.
Yeah, I thought his problem was more with reading defenses and coverages.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why? His throwing mechanics have been one of the biggest knocks on the kid since he was drafted. Typically you don't want to play around too much with a QBs mechanics in season so it makes sense if it's been an offseason adjustment.

If McCarthy thinks he can decrease his release time and increase accuracy with some mechanical tweaks what's the harm? I think you have to look at Lance as playing with house money at this point.
Well on year 4, the last year of your contract is the time to fix it? What was he doing the last 3 years?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I would have to think….that if there’s a scenario under which Lance excels…to the point where they want to extend him as a starter, they would also look to retain McCarthy.

Otherwise you’d be asking Lance to learn yet another offense, and asking your new HC to accept Lance.

They’ve put themselves into a strange spot.

Don’t forget it’s not even completely up to them on the Prescott decision.