McCarthy: We've adjusted some things in Trey Lance throwing motion

Chasing6

Reaction score
There's been reports that they are utilizing an old technique known as "Lamars Limp Wristed" throwing style that was first seen when Lamar Latrelle used it throwing the javelin allowing the Tri-Lambs to win the fraternity championship.
:lmao:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because this never happens : LOl.
OMG, the best of the best do this all the time. It’s how guys get better
I know right. The haters are acting like mike had to totally teach him how to throw.
The adjustment could be something they lay person might not know or notice.
They call him the qb guru and when he does his thing they riducule it.

Man some people sheesh.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It’s hard to change a QB’s throwing motion. It’s something that’s ingrained. He’s probably had virtually the same motion ever since he started throwing a football. I remember how Denver kept tinkering with Tebow’s throwing motion. He kept reverting back to his old mechanics. It’s never a good sign when a team is tinkering with a QB’s throwing motion especially heading into year four.
I agree, but you only have a year left with the kid so why not be aggressive? Give him a full offseason to adjust his motion where he can realistically get 10,000 throws in, plus we really don't know to what extent that is either. It could be something as simple as eliminating the ball dip he does. He's got the physical tools that got him drafted #3 overall, but always had a long release.

I think the worst thing they could do with him is just bring him in and expect different results, I'm just glad they have some sort of a plan for the guy. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Kyle Shannan had no problem with Trey Lance's throwing motion.....Shannan just traded him on 3rd down :lmao2: :lmao2:
Isn't the 3rd year supposed to be the year when players make the biggest jump?

Or are we resetting Trance back to year 1? Since he is on a new team and last year is apparently a do over.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Or are we resetting Trance back to year 1? Since he is on a new team and last year is apparently a do over.
Hes had a few delays in the normal process. Cant cut him a break i see.
#tranced6

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
That is not going to help him read the field or understand progressions any better.

Qcard

Reaction score

Trey Lance Camp game plan after the trade and this past Off-season was pathetic.

What would you do if your performance over the next 18 months determined whether your employer gave you a $22M check (5th year option)?

Trey Lance body type still looks like he's in highschool and tadaaaa "they are tweaking his throwing motion"!!!

Hasn't Trey Lance been there since last season?? Is McCarthy just now see the throwing motion that needs improvement??

More likely Trey Lance can't read the room and he thought social media training videos would get the bag :laugh: :laugh:

jrumann59

Reaction score
It’s hard to change a QB’s throwing motion. It’s something that’s ingrained. He’s probably had virtually the same motion ever since he started throwing a football. I remember how Denver kept tinkering with Tebow’s throwing motion. He kept reverting back to his old mechanics. It’s never a good sign when a team is tinkering with a QB’s throwing motion especially heading into year four.
I remember the same with Byron Leftwich as well he had a wind up when he threw, one of the longest throwing motions in the NFL at the time

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That is not going to help him read the field or understand progressions any better.
Just depends on what they're actually doing. His release has been in the .4-.6 second range when timed in most videos. That's an eternity in the NFL. You're right that wont help him actually read the field any better, but you cut down that time mechanically and it gives defenses a fraction of a second less to read his eyes/throw giving him more margin of error on his reads. In a weird way it's all connected.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trey Lance Camp game plan after the trade and this past Off-season was pathetic.

What would you do if your performance over the next 18 months determined whether your employer gave you a $22M check (5th year option)?

Trey Lance body type still looks like he's in highschool and tadaaaa "they are tweaking his throwing motion"!!!

Hasn't Trey Lance been there since last season?? Is McCarthy just now see the throwing motion that needs improvement??

More likely Trey Lance can't read the room and he thought social media training videos would get the bag :laugh: :laugh:
Tell us about his skinny legs like you do to Cooper Rush since you are so enamored with people's body types. Freaky is what that is!