McCarthy: We've adjusted some things in Trey Lance throwing motion

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
There's been reports that they are utilizing an old technique known as "Lamars Limp Wristed" throwing style that was first seen when Lamar Latrelle used it throwing the javelin allowing the Tri-Lambs to win the fraternity championship.
Too good :laugh:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Lets assume Trey Lance shows significant improvement,what are you you going to do? Trade him for a draft pick? keep him and make him a starter and if we do that we have to franchise him or give him a big deal which is a even bigger risk than paying Dak.our FO has really painted themselves into a corner with our QB situation.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lets assume Trey Lance shows significant improvement,what are you you going to do? Trade him for a draft pick? keep him and make him a starter and if we do that we have to franchise him or give him a big deal which is a even bigger risk than paying Dak.our FO has really painted themselves into a corner with our QB situation.
I think Jerry has a plan.

Either Dak more mega millions $$$$ and bust up the cap even more.

or start the kid at QB1.

That's an easy call.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think Jerry has a plan.

Either Dak more mega millions $$$$ and bust up the cap even more.

or start the kid at QB1.

That's an easy call.
If we do that are we franchising him or giving him a big contract?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Context matters. If they didnt strike gold with Purdy hed still be there in all likelihood.

I'm not proclaiming him to be anything. Only saying it's super incomplete to go off his "career" numbers. Hes just getting started.

I don't understand why so many of yall are so eager to crap all over Lance, but I'd like to see him play before joining in. There is NOTHING wrong with working on his throwing motion.
With 500 pass attempts in his entire life, you could argue his career never started.

Reactions: CWR

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The meltdown over throwing motion changes is hilarious!
Tony Romo openly discussed his never-ending focus on various throwing mechanics. Tom Brady spoke about throwing motion adjustments throughout his career.
A minor "tweak" can help get the ball out faster. A certain step adjustment will help with accuracy. There are dozens of tweaks based on routes and coverage, (throwing over the top, etc.) These are all good things that happen regularly with many QBs.
Yes, agree, but this will not deter the haters from their agenda. They are in fear of competition for Dak. Maybe not direct competition for starting this year. But in fear Dak will fail again and will be out next year.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reading slow and slow delivery is a bad combination.
You have NO idea what he can or cannot do or his ability to read defenses. In another post you talk about him not having many reps from his entire HS, College, Pro career. I am pretty sure you have not watched him very much last all.
And if you did, I will still take the scouts and coaches word first.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The meltdown over throwing motion changes is hilarious!
Tony Romo openly discussed his never-ending focus on various throwing mechanics. Tom Brady spoke about throwing motion adjustments throughout his career.
A minor "tweak" can help get the ball out faster. A certain step adjustment will help with accuracy. There are dozens of tweaks based on routes and coverage, (throwing over the top, etc.) These are all good things that happen regularly with many QBs.
Its actually pathetic....it says a lot about the people doing it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So why do you call him a bust then?
Because you have to have a career before attempting to be an NFL QB. How many RB's have converted to QB???

How many NFL starting QB's did not start in HS?

How many were not recruited at all to play QB???

How many did not get a scholarship???

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because you have to have a career before attempting to be an NFL QB. How many RB's have converted to QB???

How many NFL starting QB's did not start in HS?

How many were not recruited at all to play QB???

How many did not get a scholarship???
One year starters in college.
Kyler Murray
Cam Newton
Mark Sanchez
Mitch Trubisky
Dwayne Haskins

I am sure there are others.
Not all did great, but most had or have a decent career and not a total bust.

Ryan Tannenhill had a little over 1 year playing in college.
Kurt Warner, started 1 year at Northern Iowa. And if not for an injury to Trent Green would nat have ever had any success.
Matt Cassell never started a game in college.

Some with a little more experience in college but weren't great QB's at the time.
Tom Brady was mediocre in college, and went until the 6th round.
Brett Favre was a mediocre college QB as well
Phil Simms, Brad Johnson

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Funny you analyze me more than the guy insulting trey.
Very telling.

Ask him what he means and find the right equation.
Ok who is the guy insulting him? Since you don’t know what it means I’ll ask him because even a google search doesn’t come up with anything. You have a tendency to make something out of nothing…

Chasing6

Reaction score
Kyler Murray
Cam Newton
Mark Sanchez
Mitch Trubisky
Dwayne Haskins

Kurt Warner, started 1 year at Northern Iowa. And if not for an injury to Trent Green would nat have ever had any success.

Some with a little more experience in college but weren't great QB's at the time.
Phil Simms, Brad Johnson
That was not the questions I was asking.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kyler Murray
Cam Newton
Mark Sanchez
Mitch Trubisky
Dwayne Haskins

Phil Simms, Brad Johnson
BAM! Now that had to hurt. Now you are really going to throw him into a "trance"!