McCarthy With A Horrible Take Regarding The Playoffs

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quick reminder for those unfamiliar with Big Mac’s coaching history.

His one and only Super Bowl appearance (a win) came after the 2010 season during which his Green Bay Packers snuck into the playoffs at 10-6 on the final weekend of the regular season and … checks the record books … entered that season's playoffs as a 6th seed (back when only 6 teams made the playoffs in each conference).

No Packer fan cared that the team underachieved during the 2010 regular season, just like Packer fans did not get all that excited that Big Mac’s teams rolled up a lot of regular season wins between 2011-2016 (while competing in the then putrid NFC North) … only to get bounced by more physical, better coached teams in the playoffs.

Nice try Mike.
Good post.

75boyz

Reaction score
Quick reminder for those unfamiliar with Big Mac’s coaching history.

His one and only Super Bowl appearance (a win) came after the 2010 season during which his Green Bay Packers snuck into the playoffs at 10-6 on the final weekend of the regular season and … checks the record books … entered that season's playoffs as a 6th seed (back when only 6 teams made the playoffs in each conference).

No Packer fan cared that the team underachieved during the 2010 regular season, just like Packer fans did not get all that excited that Big Mac’s teams rolled up a lot of regular season wins between 2011-2016 (while competing in the then putrid NFC North) … only to get bounced by more physical, better coached teams in the playoffs.

Nice try Mike.
Miss you dude.
Please post more often.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why is it most here take the 12 games for granted? You have to win to get to the tourney. There is no other way.

So crapping on that by suggesting this is some Jerry Jones scam ignores what it takes to get to that level to win that many games three years in a row.

Landry put together 5 out of seven seasons of 12 wins or more. Jimmy won four 12 plus games in a row one year.

Maybe what needs to happen is this team realize the offensive line opens lanes for the running game and holds fast for the passing game, and that is what wins in the regular season and post season. Marry that with a defense that can hold the other team from running away with the contest, then let's see what this team can do.

For a while there were those claiming the fans of this team are spoiled. I didn't agree. But now see that to be a fact. Regardless of the decades of disappointment, there is more to this drought than just one player that is gang tackled by this fan base.

Jerry builds the team to win in the regular season. He doesn't take the final risk to put the pieces together for the final push. Be it cheap, or stupid, or both, this team still has performed over the last three years.

Am I happy about the one and done? Nope. But I also am not going to vent when this could be a perennial 3 game winner year after year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
lol He is trying to focus the team on the regular season
no he is misdirecting.
He wants to talk about the 12 win season and get kudos for that.
He doesnt want to talk about the playoffs and the last 3 losses there. 1 and done 3 times in a row I think.

He should talk about it , this way he looks to be covering up his weakness.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
MM is just butthurt that he hasn’t gotten much credit for his 12 win seasons. Weak division does wonders for your record. And even Jerry does not care one iota since he didn’t give him a multi year contract. That speaks for itself right there.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why is it most here take the 12 games for granted? You have to win to get to the tourney. There is no other way.

So crapping on that by suggesting this is some Jerry Jones scam ignores what it takes to get to that level to win that many games three years in a row.

Landry put together 5 out of seven seasons of 12 wins or more. Jimmy won four 12 plus games in a row one year.

Maybe what needs to happen is this team realize the offensive line opens lanes for the running game and holds fast for the passing game, and that is what wins in the regular season and post season. Marry that with a defense that can hold the other team from running away with the contest, then let's see what this team can do.

For a while there were those claiming the fans of this team are spoiled. I didn't agree. But now see that to be a fact. Regardless of the decades of disappointment, there is more to this drought than just one player that is gang tackled by this fan base.

Jerry builds the team to win in the regular season. He doesn't take the final risk to put the pieces together for the final push. Be it cheap, or stupid, or both, this team still has performed over the last three years.

Am I happy about the one and done? Nope. But I also am not going to vent when this could be a perennial 3 game winner year after year.
I think it is more about HOW they lost the last 3 playoff games, not that they just lost.
2 with SF had bizarre last plays where cowboys looked really dumb, then the GB game where they just got blown out , when
most thought it would be a easy win.