Twitter: McCarthy's cryptic message on Connor Williams

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know that happens, but it’s an absolute travesty. They’re impacting a man’s ability to earn an income. I’m sure they wouldn’t accept someone going out of their way to impact their income, the full-time or part-time.

Certainly not. But they’ve got a billion dollar business that constantly covers for their screwups.

JustChip

Reaction score
Certainly not. But they’ve got a billion dollar business that constantly covers for their screwups.
I’m not one that thinks the solution is fill-time referees. The bigger problem is the seeming lack of accountability and refusal to implement technology and processes to attempt to minimize egregious errors. I don’t expect perfection, just consistency and an effort to correct mistakes. Oh, and world peace, too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mostly the penalty issue....although it is fair to say that guys tend to commit penalties like holding when theyve been beat by the man in front of them.
I think that’s the issue though. Not saying penalties are acceptable but if it’s happening once or twice out of what? 80 snaps? If he’s doing his job I think you live with it.

Might be far fetched but is he getting snaps over McGovern so that his value continues to get him paid in this offseason and help their comp pick?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Williams was a project when drafted and has never come to fruition. If he wasn't a Horn, he would have few defenders.

2nd and 3rd round OL picks aren't near as good as those 1sts. Most are 50/50 players.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Williams was a project when drafted and has never come to fruition. If he wasn't a Horn, he would have few defenders.

2nd and 3rd round OL picks aren't near as good as those 1sts. Most are 50/50 players.
Larry Allen, Erik Williams, Stepnowski, etc.? Our entire OL in the 90’s did not have a single first round pick on it, It did have numerous late round picks and UDFAs. If I remember correctly, Tyron was our first OL picked in the first round in a couple of decades or better at the time.

Reactions: BAT

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If only McGovern could snap... McGovern is a meat mauler and would be a great center if he could snap... same for Collins imo

McGovern did play center the last four minutes of the game Sunday with no issues. But there were no shotgun snaps.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
If only McGovern could snap... McGovern is a meat mauler and would be a great center if he could snap... same for Collins imo
Why can't he snap, he played center in college? They didnt even try him at center in preseason. They kept playing with williams who couldnt snap at all.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
he's shown a willingness to try anything.
if he thought it would be a help and not a hurt...i think he would.
but on the flipside...you don't wanna monkey around with the oline.
hopefully the message was received.
My brother! Drop me a DM of a little known, B-A Elvis song!

I needs it!

TCB Babay!

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Biadasz has been playing much better as well. Of course, some of that is not going against some of the best DTs in the league.
He never really played that bad, just got pushed back a couple times by a couple trashcans

Reactions: BAT

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Why can't he snap, he played center in college? They didnt even try him at center in preseason. They kept playing with williams who couldnt snap at all.
He was taught how to snap by Ben Simmons' dad.

A little NBA humor injected in there folks.

heh heh...
I'll show my way out as I grab as many after dinner mints, at the door, as I can before they toss me.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He never really played that bad, just got pushed back a couple times by a couple trashcans

Not sure I agree with that. Those performances were bad. Level of competition had a lot to do with it, but that doesn't wash the stink away.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Not sure I agree with that. Those performances were bad. Level of competition had a lot to do with it, but that doesn't wash the stink away.
Which performances? Weve been moving the ball really well all year. Only time we didnt was agaisnt Denver when Steele and Collins played like **** and Den was getting pressure from the outside.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That stinker was worse than ours since it came against a division foe.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Which performances? Weve been moving the ball really well all year. Only time we didnt was agaisnt Denver when Steele and Collins played like **** and Den was getting pressure from the outside.

You seriously don't remember the games where Biadasz was getting blasted backward? Or are you misunderstanding what I'm saying? Just because we overcame bad line play (well, not against Tampa) doesn't make it good line play.