Twitter: McCarthy's cryptic message on Connor Williams

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The question for me is whether we moved Steele to LT was because we felt he was a better option than La'el or because we wanted Collins to go back to his starting position. If we think Steele is just the better player or the better RT, then I could see Collins being given a shot at LG when Smith gets back. But I think it's more likely that we keep Collins as the starter at RT.

And as I pointed out in another thread, McGovern didn't play that many snaps on the line Sunday and had a hold called against him. So I'm not sure Dallas sees him as a better option.

Broaddus pretty much said the same thing........besides, I think they're loving the role he's now playing as a wildcard.

Reactions: BAT

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The chop block call was pretty awful. He held on the downfield block. It might be one some players could get away with, but when you've got a reputation working against you, they're going to call it.
This, its not that he doesnt hold , at times he gets beaten and he does what any beaten OL does, holds to protect the QB, but the bad reputation is catching on and refs singling him out for ticky tack calls

chagus

Reaction score
I don’t know about that. Maybe Collins could replace Williams at left guard with Steele going back to right tackle but I think that’s about as much change as I could see coming and even that is a stretch.
I think that's the most likely to happen. Or should i say... the scenario that makes the most sense?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
His message should be in ENGLISH and it should be loud and clear. KEEP RACKING UP PENALTIES AND YOU WILL FIND YOUR *** OUT THE DOOR or BETTER YET ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD TEAM!

Exactly.........the penalties have to stop.

If we are playing in Lambeau in late January and a TD gets called back because of a hold call on #52 and we have to kick a FG instead.

Well, that is how you lose playoff games.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No doubt once a player has a history officials are more aware.

We’ve had OL before with history of holding. Some of them much better OL. Some not.
Clay Matthews had a history of late and dirty hits. Yet. In 2014 no call for the very late hit on Romo low. Lol.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
They have to put someone else in there, whether it’s McGovern, Collins, or Farniok. I was disappointed that even when they did put the young guys in, it was at center and right guard. But maybe that was simply punishment?

Maybe they already made up their minds that Conner Williams belongs in the backup circle.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lael will stay at RT methinks.

Cavanaugh should ‘chill out’ with his obsession in defending Collins. Any ‘slander’ was earned, by a guy who screwed up and made himself unavailable to his team. And it’s hardly vindication that he was ‘fine’ playing against a team with no pass rush.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Cavanaugh should ‘chill out’ with his obsession in defending Collins. Any ‘slander’ was earned, by a guy who screwed up and made himself unavailable to his team. And it’s hardly vindication that he was ‘fine’ playing against a team with no pass rush.
Exactly. Who made decisions to potentially screw the team? I also wonder if Cavanaugh noticed all of the TE help at the line.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
EVERYTIME there is a penalty on the offense, I just scream out 52! I knew it. EVERYTIME. It's so frustrating. If he's not killing drives, he's seemingly trying to give the game away.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I don't know who the posters are who think he's above average and will get a really big contract after this year but you guys can all sit down

Who in the hell is paying a lot of money for the most heavily penalized player in the league?

He's above average yet he is the most penalized offensive lineman. That doesn't make any sense.