McCarthy's plan

cowboybish

Reaction score
Now that we are settled with McCarthy as our head coach for another year, he needs to sit with Quinn and tell him how we need to build this defense. McCarthy needs his handprint on this defense.

McCarthy needs to get through to Jerry the importance of win now. We must acquire some younger, healthier lineman on both defense and offense. we need to either acquire Derrick, Henry, or a big back in the draft.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McCarthy is still working on the offense. With Quins expected departure he needs to be working on a list of possible replacements along with any coaches who may be leaving. He needs to spend a huge amount of time figuring out how to fix the run game.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
You can try all that but you’re gonna lose other players to age or injury or free agency anyways . Can’t have a no show form a draft class which is what they did last year

Tyron and Zach could be done soon they keep getting banged up. No one likes our center. And our right tackle doesn’t inspire confidence. Probably only have one keeper at wr. No running backs really. No linebackers or safety’s that anyone considers super talented

blueblood70

Reaction score
Now that we are settled with McCarthy as our head coach for another year, he needs to sit with Quinn and tell him how we need to build this defense. McCarthy needs his handprint on this defense.

McCarthy needs to get through to Jerry the importance of win now. We must acquire some younger, healthier lineman on both defense and offense. we need to either acquire Derrick, Henry, or a big back in the draft.
Yeah I'm sure that Mike McCarthy's been in this business on a Pro level like 25 years like I don't even know how long this man's been coaching but I believe he was back on the 49ers staff when they were in their heyday...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_McCarthy

I think he understands what needs to be done and whether Jerry goes all in and brings in those players who knows but the Derrick Henry thing needs to stop! :facepalm:

we need to get younger as you said like lineman but you want to bring in one of the most used up running backs in the league look man it's time to go young at running back I like Derrick Henry have you comes in here under a veteran type deal maybe under 4 mil but something like fournette got like 2 mil... I realize the guys got some tread left on his tires but how much what if he washes out in the middle of the season everyone keeps wanting to bring in young players but then always throw in someone like Derek Henry... look man, we can get a stud Derek Henry or Ezekiel Elliott type that's what we need in the draft, we can bring in a mid-veteran that can back him up and I say use deuce Vaughn and a lot of what Tony pollard's role was behind Ezekiel Elliott that would be my plan go young, go different, and if they wanna bring in Henry that's fine but I'm not lobbying for that... And I also mean not going for one of the running backs in the draft that seems to have had injury issues there are a couple that people have big names like the guy out of Michigan and there are a couple others you do not want those guys who have been just totally used up injured been in college for five years as a workhorse running back you need to find the one that's been productive but not overused.... They're all over the draft but I say you better look in the 2nd or the 3rd if you wanna get a really quality number one day one running back....

We definitely need to fix the run game and however they need to do it they'll figure it out I'm not sure what you mean younger we have a pretty good young offensive line except for Zach Martin who still got a lot left and tyron Smith outside of that I think Terrence got better every game, he's still not back to his old self but he's pretty close and Tyler Smith's young be honest is young Steele is young how is that group old?

have you forgotten that we have Hoffman bass Richards and some other guys on this team that they can use all offseason and training camp to see who fits best I still want to see tyron Smith here I don't know what you think's the problem but when I go back and watch the games go back and watch the Packers game I'm pretty sure that tyron Smith still playing very well,

yes he's only good for 12 games a year but still at a good level maybe we bring him in and keep him as a swing tackle or as an emergency type guy he needs to be on this team because we don't know how long it's going to take to replace him and no we're not moving Tyler back to left tackle but my plan would be to see what Richards, Ball, and Wally in a full on off season battle and see who rises and see who can fit best at left tackle...

For me the drafts more important to find a stud linebacker a stud running back and then find out what else needs and go get them in the draft but I don't think we need more lineman I mean I'm sure they'll pick one but they've been picking one every year we got guys on this team we cannot have pro ball players along all five spots that's just not possible you want all pros in every position but it's not possible...​

But again yes the run game on both sides of the ball need to be a priority that be up the middle I think we have the guys on the team they need to make a plan they need to form it all off season and I want to see that **** in every OTA minicamp and training camp just battling with the run game we already know we can pass the damn ball

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score

His plan is simple, visit all the buffets in DFW and wait until Jerry tells him what to do and how to do it. After a feed or two it’s down to the massage parlor with Jerry’s new master plan for mediocrity and relevancy and then to the barn for a sleepover with Jerry.

RS12

Reaction score
Pull the wool over Jerry's eyes. Works every time.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

MM has a plan? If it's anything like his 'plan' going into the GB game there's zero hope for anyone.

MM has clearly taken on Jerry's mindset and it doesn't bode well. Relevant and interesting is where the bar is set. The entire franchise is clearly basking in the glory of regular season success. Screw anyone else who wants to see championships because it isn't the goal. Not now, not tomorrow, and not until the day Jerry goes 6 feet under.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Not now, not tomorrow, and not until the day Jerry goes 6 feet under.
Then Buckethead son will take over and it will be more of the same.

Then you have the low IQ ones who think Carl-lot should take over. What does Carl know?
sheesh, get used to this crap, it's the best it will ever be. winning.........

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry needs to call Kurt Warner and pay him to come fix these horribly designed pass routes which are hurting our QB and WRs. Then have Kurt Warner teach our offensive coaches how to call better plays against certain teams/alignments.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what I do like about Mike is his eyes. He can watch the defense and offense at the same time. You got to like that.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
That's where the team is heading

anxietyhole.gif

75boyz

Reaction score
he has no plan, just like the lies he told in his job interview.

The only plan he has is to kill some buffets again this year.
It's all about padding his retirement portfolio since his day one hiring.

I watched every single play of the Dallas Cowboys. LIE
Fixing penalties is priority one, I'll fix them. LIE
Run the damn ball and rest the defense. LIE

Those 3 are off the top of my head but yeah...such a leader of men.
Run it Back!
LOL

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry needs to call Kurt Warner and pay him to come fix these horribly designed pass routes which are hurting our QB and WRs. Then have Kurt Warner teach our offensive coaches how to call better plays against certain teams/alignments.
Dak is already perfect and couldn't benefit from a mentor like Warner? If you are going to bring him in he needs to work with the QB too, not just tweak the plays you seem to think might be hindering Dak.

I think a top notch QB coach would help Dak a lot.