McCarthy's plan

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
actually how is me showing you every QB you listed and showing YOU their running backs and the run games that changed their careers wrong? lmao good try you are still wrong..
No, it's ok, I didn't want to dismiss it, just got caught in the arguing moment.

You have a good point, I still think a bit different, but lets not drag this too much.

JustChip

Reaction score
Yeah I'm trying to keep it real not from an emotional standpoint I'm looking back at the entire season not just the last loss which we're all emotional about and I see that we could almost run back the same offense for the new stud running back and be just fine most of what we need is gonna be on the defensive side in my opinion we need a new defensive coordinator and that's not speaking from emotions we've seen this story before with Dan Quinn and Atlanta blowing leads how about the watermelon kick we beat him on and he did it in the Super bowl he did it last year with the Jaguars and the Green Bay game we gave him big leads if this defense is supposed to hold big leads or need a big lead it doesn't do well in any situation look at the Seattle game this year...

The big change we need is on defense this is Mike Nolan situation all over again I know it's not that defense because it did well when it gets turnovers when it's opportunistic it literally is boom or bust and I just can't deal with that anymore we need something steady over there so Mike McCarthy and Prescott don't feel the pressure to score on every single possession or the opposite where they go super conservative of it in a turtle shell of an offense because they're scared to make a mistake...

Great defenses can help on offense when it's struggling ours does not they don't give our offense time to even warm up in a game and we're already down 10 points that's how it looks and everyone blames the quarterback and the receivers and the running back and the head coach and the offensive coordinator..

Yes the offense was partly to blame it was a team loss but you look back at all the losses you look back at the Seattle win you just see one glaring issue the defense just gets walked down the field if they don't get a turnover if if they're not in a feeding frenzy for sacks and pressures they literally can't play straight up defense and stop anyone....

And yes the other weakness was the run game on offense so there you go get a stud young running back bring in a mid-level veteran running back like foreman and let's let the offensive coordinator AMD play caller and the offensive line coach come together and find a better scheme to make this run game actually dangerous and productive versus just being out there because blaming Kellen Moore is long gone...
McCarthy said during camp the offense would have to carry the defense. The problem with that, just like in baseball, a good defense will control a good offense more often than not, even in this offense friendly era.

You’re absolutely right that the defense is completely predicated on forcing turnovers. And bad offenses and QBs accommodated. But is it because that’s the scheme DQ wants to run, or is it because if the personnel dealt DQ by the FO. Probably some of both. Playing Micah at DE is simply a disaster.

No matter what else they do, they MUST fix the running game. Pollard as the featured back is a no go. Running him back out there with the same personnel and scheme will result in the same results.

blueblood70

Reaction score
McCarthy said during camp the offense would have to carry the defense. The problem with that, just like in baseball, a good defense will control a good offense more often than not, even in this offense friendly era.

You’re absolutely right that the defense is completely predicated on forcing turnovers. And bad offenses and QBs accommodated. But is it because that’s the scheme DQ wants to run, or is it because if the personnel dealt DQ by the FO. Probably some of both. Playing Micah at DE is simply a disaster.

No matter what else they do, they MUST fix the running game. Pollard as the featured back is a no go. Running him back out there with the same personnel and scheme will result in the same results.
agree with most of that ,

accept,

actually, you have a little bit backward he is best as a OLB/Dend and then trying to move him back to MLB isnt a good thing.. technically hes an OLB/hybrid DE and that where he belongs.. him being used in coverage against GB on a 3rd and 9 says it all too much Zone too much nickel and dime , playing small lbers too much against the run..DQ needs to GO

i still don't understand how the front office could use this to make a statement by letting dan go...use him as a scapegoat!!

instead he's hanging in the wind and they're waiting for him to make a decision!! ughh! i was all for a complete coaching purge and if i have to accept McCarthy back, we have to let dan quinn go...

GMO415

Reaction score
Now that we are settled with McCarthy as our head coach for another year, he needs to sit with Quinn and tell him how we need to build this defense. McCarthy needs his handprint on this defense.

McCarthy needs to get through to Jerry the importance of win now. We must acquire some younger, healthier lineman on both defense and offense. we need to either acquire Derrick, Henry, or a big back in the draft.
Don't expect a different result with the same brain trust.

JustChip

Reaction score
agree with most of that ,

accept,

actually, you have a little bit backward he is best as a OLB/Dend and then trying to move him back to MLB isnt a good thing.. technically hes an OLB/hybrid DE and that where he belongs.. him being used in coverage against GB on a 3rd and 9 says it all too much Zone too much nickel and dime , playing small lbers too much against the run..DQ needs to GO

i still don't understand how the front office could use this to make a statement by letting dan go...use him as a scapegoat!!

instead he's hanging in the wind and they're waiting for him to make a decision!! ughh! i was all for a complete coaching purge and if i have to accept McCarthy back, we have to let dan quinn go...
I agree on Micah in coverage. But he’s also a liability in base against the run. He’s Robert Quinn part 2.

His effectiveness rushing the passer is diminished because of the attention he gets. He gets beat down going against double teams and guys that outweigh him by 75 lbs.

The attention he gets should result in others having success, but this team just doesn’t get any consistent push up the middle. Is that scheme, players or both?

I would’ve fired Quinn after Green Bay. Same for McCarthy. Getting beat by a better team can be lived with. Not having a team mentally prepared is inexcusable. I get the culture is an ownership issue here, but it’s what the coaches sign up for here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree on Micah in coverage. But he’s also a liability in base against the run. He’s Robert Quinn part 2.

His effectiveness rushing the passer is diminished because of the attention he gets. He gets beat down going against double teams and guys that outweigh him by 75 lbs.

The attention he gets should result in others having success, but this team just doesn’t get any consistent push up the middle. Is that scheme, players or both?

I would’ve fired Quinn after Green Bay. Same for McCarthy. Getting beat by a better team can be lived with. Not having a team mentally prepared is inexcusable. I get the culture is an ownership issue here, but it’s what the coaches sign up for here.
dude you're so far off base i don't know where to start....you mean others like Armstrong having tons of sacks and pressures like how many in 3 years , fowler succeeding, and Tank been a lot better since MP took that pressure.. up the middle LOL that would be the NT/DT and MLB issues we speak of.. his pressures alone create havoc, FACT!!

calling him Robert Quinn is a bit off base but not a knock at all.... hes a step above Quinn but a step below a TJ watt as hes a fulltime DE/OLB..its misuse period. they need to figure out how to use him and find one position, put him and just leave them there...stop this tweener nonsense, DQ is the biggest issue, his defense is loaded with tweeners!!!

JustChip

Reaction score
dude you're so far off base i don't know where to start....you mean others like Armstrong having tons of sacks and pressures like how many in 3 years , fowler succeeding, and Tank been a lot better since MP took that pressure.. up the middle LOL that would be the NT/DT and MLB issues we speak of.. his pressures alone create havoc, FACT!!

calling him Robert Quinn is a bit off base but not a knock at all.... hes a step above Quinn but a step below a TJ watt as hes a fulltime DE/OLB..its misuse period. they need to figure out how to use him and find one position, put him and just leave them there...stop this tweener nonsense, DQ is the biggest issue, his defense is loaded with tweeners!!!
I agree 100% it’s misuse. Don’t know where you got that I said it’s not.

My comparison to Robert Quinn is not comparing the individual players, but the effectiveness of playing an individual player at a specific position in a specific scheme. Just like Bell at LB. Playing Parsons in base at DE weakens the rush defense considerably. It improves the pass rush, but not as mush as it diminishes the rush defense. It also wears Parsons down as the season progresses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree 100% it’s misuse. Don’t know where you got that I said it’s not.

My comparison to Robert Quinn is not comparing the individual players, but the effectiveness of playing an individual player at a specific position in a specific scheme. Just like Bell at LB. Playing Parsons in base at DE weakens the rush defense considerably. It improves the pass rush, but not as mush as it diminishes the rush defense. It also wears Parsons down as the season progresses.
not you particularly but there's a whole thread on parsons can't be fixed, like he's broken..lol you miss that another hate thread being called overrated.

JustChip

Reaction score
not you particularly but there's a whole thread on parsons can't be fixed, like he's broken..lol you miss that another hate thread being called overrated.
The only thing that gives me pause on Quinn and his scheme is that it held the opposition to 23, 14 and 19 points in the prior 3 playoff games (23 and 19 against the 49ers).

Those are enough to win by. But the offense spit the bit in 2 of those games (49ers games), scoring 17 and 12.

cowboybish

Reaction score
The only thing that gives me pause on Quinn and his scheme is that it held the opposition to 23, 14 and 19 points in the prior 3 playoff games (23 and 19 against the 49ers).

Those are enough to win by. But the offense spit the bit in 2 of those games (49ers games), scoring 17 and 12.
If Quinn would be open to just modifying his defense with a few different type of players, i.e. another big body in the middle, and some true linebackers, he could still be defensive play caller

blueblood70

Reaction score

it's not what have you done before it what have you done for me lately and it's been regressing for a while now. by the way i already mentioned our of.... physical offensive line and run game. obvious team issues spit the bit not totally first half of 2021 SF game Deebo had 10 YPC limited top for our offense and the OL 11 penalty's and DL 4.. all costly last year Diggs drops a sure INT and allows kittle bobbled big catch to go unchallenged IE SOFT... it's ironic the memories in here you just forget about the actual entire game. but again DQ D been regressing and its time to move on they havent looked good at al not once against good opponent this season!!.