McCarthy's plan

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Now that we are settled with McCarthy as our head coach for another year, he needs to sit with Quinn and tell him how we need to build this defense. McCarthy needs his handprint on this defense.

McCarthy needs to get through to Jerry the importance of win now. We must acquire some younger, healthier lineman on both defense and offense. we need to either acquire Derrick, Henry, or a big back in the draft.
How's he going to hell him something he needs the same

phildadon86

Reaction score
Now that we are settled with McCarthy as our head coach for another year, he needs to sit with Quinn and tell him how we need to build this defense. McCarthy needs his handprint on this defense.

McCarthy needs to get through to Jerry the importance of win now. We must acquire some younger, healthier lineman on both defense and offense. we need to either acquire Derrick, Henry, or a big back in the draft.
First part of the plan.

Stop playing players out of position and draft some LBers with instincts speed and size and above all else. PASSION.

Draft some nasty OL especially at C who dont get blown off the ball constantly by bigger DTs.

Draft a DT who actually does like to hit people. (looking at you Mazi)

Finally. Get some speed and power at RB.

This is just the draft plan. They need to utilize FA this year. And not in week 3.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score

Quinn is an old dog you can't teach to do new tricks. Quinn shouldn't even be allowed back at the facility. Jerry hasn't had this ability for 29 years to field a winner- so you think he's going to change now? The truth is your and my team the Dallas Cowboys have become a commodity for Jerry. He could careless about winning. He's still rolling in the dough either way. If you think Jerry Jones is operating the Dallas Cowboys to win. You are sadly mistaken.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
what I do like about Mike is his eyes. He can watch the defense and offense at the same time. You got to like that.
That was your first mistake :laugh: Looking at Mike's eyes:muttley:
Hypnotic-Aubrey-Plaza.gif

nobody

Reaction score
Dak is already perfect and couldn't benefit from a mentor like Warner? If you are going to bring him in he needs to work with the QB too, not just tweak the plays you seem to think might be hindering Dak.

I think a top notch QB coach would help Dak a lot.
I think it would take an act of God to help whatever is between Dak's ears that keeps causing him to choke in the playoffs. Same for the other players. He has the talent. Just not the mental fortitude.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
McCarthy has done a nice job and a even better job woking with our QBs.

The problem is there is a mental side to this game and Sunday broke this franchise.

You have to inspire hope and he brings none.

The entire 2024 season is meaningless regardless of how well they perform and going forward everyone is waiting for failure.

Jerry Jones did a disservice to the team, the fans, and himself by letting everyone know that Sunday was acceptable and we will run it back and business as usual will carry on.

Keeping McCarthy is also not good for McCarthy as well.

bigE79

Reaction score
Dak is already perfect and couldn't benefit from a mentor like Warner? If you are going to bring him in he needs to work with the QB too, not just tweak the plays you seem to think might be hindering Dak.

I think a top notch QB coach would help Dak a lot.
You see,that's the problem,daks issues are not physical, it's the mental part he can't grasp,he doesn't need a QB coach,he needs an hypnotist because something always short circuits in his brain at the worst time, when the stakes are at their highest.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
Jerry needs to call Kurt Warner and pay him to come fix these horribly designed pass routes which are hurting our QB and WRs. Then have Kurt Warner teach our offensive coaches how to call better plays against certain teams/alignments.
And then, after the same results, Kurt Warner will be scapegoated and his offense will be called "predictable" blah blah blah...

After how many coordinators will people just accept that you can't teach calculus to a chimp? Lol

If you pay attention, we always run comebacks and slants going back to the Garett days and I seriously doubt all the different coordinators we have had here since then just can't come up with different route concepts.

Maybe they have tried other stuff and the QB struggles so they just go back to what the QB likes... In other words, the predictable offense.

It work against lesser teams but as we have seen, when talent is even that's when the predictable plays become more obvious

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And then, after the same results, Kurt Warner will be scapegoated and his offense will be called "predictable" blah blah blah...

After how many coordinators will people just accept that you can't teach calculus to a chimp? Lol

If you pay attention, we always run comebacks and slants going back to the Garett days and I seriously doubt all the different coordinators we have had here since then just can't come up with different route concepts.

Maybe they have tried other stuff and the QB struggles so they just go back to what the QB likes... In other words, the predictable offense.

It work against lesser teams but as we have seen, when talent is even that's when the predictable plays become more obvious
Yeah, this QB is so limited, he only led all QBs in just about every positive stat by season's end. Great job there youngster.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
Yeah, this QB is so limited, he only led all QBs in just about every positive stat by season's end. Great job there youngster.
Have you seen who he was throwing to and his offensive line ?

Michael Irvin has said multiple times the cowboys in the 90s were predictable on offense, they were just better than the guys playing defense against them.

As I said, it worked for us against the lesser teams like the commanders and Giants but our
"Juggernaut" offense struggled against the better teams. (Bills/Lions/Dolphins/49ers)

Our end of season stays are misleading because would score 52 on the Giants and 10 against the Bills

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There are some very silly things being said here, so listen up. Get the emotion out of your comments! McCarthy isn't a bad coach. Dak isn't a bad QB. Jerry isn't a good GM. Accountability is in short supply when it doesn't start from the top.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

McCarthy is only under contract for the 2024 season.

Stephen Jones likes to wait to the end of coaches contracts before "firing" them.

I.e. McCarthy will be fired if they don't have significant post season success for the 2024 season.

Jerry let's Stephen run the team now. The only Jerry move last year was the trade for Trey Lance.

Jerry likely would have fired McCarthy after the game last week if not for Stephen. Jerry has no emotional ties to McCarthy like he did with Garrett.

JustChip

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure that Mike McCarthy's been in this business on a Pro level like 25 years like I don't even know how long this man's been coaching but I believe he was back on the 49ers staff when they were in their heyday...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_McCarthy

I think he understands what needs to be done and whether Jerry goes all in and brings in those players who knows but the Derrick Henry thing needs to stop! :facepalm:

we need to get younger as you said like lineman but you want to bring in one of the most used up running backs in the league look man it's time to go young at running back I like Derrick Henry have you comes in here under a veteran type deal maybe under 4 mil but something like fournette got like 2 mil... I realize the guys got some tread left on his tires but how much what if he washes out in the middle of the season everyone keeps wanting to bring in young players but then always throw in someone like Derek Henry... look man, we can get a stud Derek Henry or Ezekiel Elliott type that's what we need in the draft, we can bring in a mid-veteran that can back him up and I say use deuce Vaughn and a lot of what Tony pollard's role was behind Ezekiel Elliott that would be my plan go young, go different, and if they wanna bring in Henry that's fine but I'm not lobbying for that... And I also mean not going for one of the running backs in the draft that seems to have had injury issues there are a couple that people have big names like the guy out of Michigan and there are a couple others you do not want those guys who have been just totally used up injured been in college for five years as a workhorse running back you need to find the one that's been productive but not overused.... They're all over the draft but I say you better look in the 2nd or the 3rd if you wanna get a really quality number one day one running back....

We definitely need to fix the run game and however they need to do it they'll figure it out I'm not sure what you mean younger we have a pretty good young offensive line except for Zach Martin who still got a lot left and tyron Smith outside of that I think Terrence got better every game, he's still not back to his old self but he's pretty close and Tyler Smith's young be honest is young Steele is young how is that group old?

have you forgotten that we have Hoffman bass Richards and some other guys on this team that they can use all offseason and training camp to see who fits best I still want to see tyron Smith here I don't know what you think's the problem but when I go back and watch the games go back and watch the Packers game I'm pretty sure that tyron Smith still playing very well,

yes he's only good for 12 games a year but still at a good level maybe we bring him in and keep him as a swing tackle or as an emergency type guy he needs to be on this team because we don't know how long it's going to take to replace him and no we're not moving Tyler back to left tackle but my plan would be to see what Richards, Ball, and Wally in a full on off season battle and see who rises and see who can fit best at left tackle...

For me the drafts more important to find a stud linebacker a stud running back and then find out what else needs and go get them in the draft but I don't think we need more lineman I mean I'm sure they'll pick one but they've been picking one every year we got guys on this team we cannot have pro ball players along all five spots that's just not possible you want all pros in every position but it's not possible...​

But again yes the run game on both sides of the ball need to be a priority that be up the middle I think we have the guys on the team they need to make a plan they need to form it all off season and I want to see that **** in every OTA minicamp and training camp just battling with the run game we already know we can pass the damn ball
Preach it, brother, on Henry. He’s become the current Earl Thomas. RB is a young man’s position. Sure, there’s Adrian Peterson and Emmitt Smith, maybe even include Frank Gore, but those guys were were unicorns.

Bringing back Pollard, especially coming off injury and at that salary, was incredibly stupid. Not drafting a RB only compounded that.

Just my opinion, but the OL is not in dire straights like so many think. Bass acquitted himself very well, as did Hoffman. But, as with any position, if the best player is an OL in the first round when it gets to 24, you pull the trigger.

I’ve alway been a BPA guy because you can’t predict injuries. Suppose there was a HoF caliber center the year Fredbeard was diagnosed with G-B Syndrome and you passed on him because of having Fredbeard?

kwcool619

Reaction score
You see,that's the problem,daks issues are not physical, it's the mental part he can't grasp,he doesn't need a QB coach,he needs an hypnotist because something always short circuits in his brain at the worst time, when the stakes are at their highest.
Or consult with a Sports Psychologist. I like the hypnotist better.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Preach it, brother, on Henry. He’s become the current Earl Thomas. RB is a young man’s position. Sure, there’s Adrian Peterson and Emmitt Smith, maybe even include Frank Gore, but those guys were were unicorns.

Bringing back Pollard, especially coming off injury and at that salary, was incredibly stupid. Not drafting a RB only compounded that.

Just my opinion, but the OL is not in dire straights like so many think. Bass acquitted himself very well, as did Hoffman. But, as with any position, if the best player is an OL in the first round when it gets to 24, you pull the trigger.

I’ve alway been a BPA guy because you can’t predict injuries. Suppose there was a HoF caliber center the year Fredbeard was diagnosed with G-B Syndrome and you passed on him because of having Fredbeard?
I miss Fredbeard.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
First part of the plan.

Stop playing players out of position and draft some LBers with instincts speed and size and above all else. PASSION.

Draft some nasty OL especially at C who dont get blown off the ball constantly by bigger DTs.

Draft a DT who actually does like to hit people. (looking at you Mazi)

Finally. Get some speed and power at RB.

This is just the draft plan. They need to utilize FA this year. And not in week 3.

BAM!

ICP

Reaction score
One more your of contract money then retirement. Unless Jerruh is dumb enough to extend him that is

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Reading all these posts regarding McCarthy and his handprint, his influence, how he will demand they sign free agents, etc.

Have any of you not paid attention at all?

McCarthy has no identity. He doesn’t have a football philosophy. He’s a fraud who is cashing a check. He has no clue how to fix anything. He had no weight to get Jerry to change anything.

He is content being employed by an equally fraudulent Owner who is perfectly fine being embarrassed in the playoffs.

He claims to be an offensive guru but was cool with Kellen Moore calling plays for 3 years? Have any of you been around football coaches? Especially one who made their bones calling plays. There is no way a head coach idly sits by while someone he doesn’t trust calls plays. When is the last time you saw McCarthy call a play to get the offense out of a funk? When’s the last time you saw him punish a defense who has taken away the Cowboys game plan? He has zero solutions.

Just sits there looking at his Denny’s menu on the sideline. He folds his arms and then tells us all during the press conference to blame him.

That’s not accountability; that’s someone who has no answers. He can’t tell you exactly went wrong because he doesn’t know.

Stop falling for it.