McCarthy's plan

kwcool619

Reaction score
Reading all these posts regarding McCarthy and his handprint, his influence, how he will demand they sign free agents, etc.

Have any of you not paid attention at all?

McCarthy has no identity. He doesn’t have a football philosophy. He’s a fraud who is cashing a check. He has no clue how to fix anything. He had no weight to get Jerry to change anything.

He is content being employed by an equally fraudulent Owner who is perfectly fine being embarrassed in the playoffs.

He claims to be an offensive guru but was cool with Kellen Moore calling plays for 3 years? Have any of you been around football coaches? Especially one who made their bones calling plays. There is no way a head coach idly sits by while someone he doesn’t trust calls plays. When is the last time you saw McCarthy call a play to get the offense out of a funk? When’s the last time you saw him punish a defense who has taken away the Cowboys game plan? He has zero solutions.

Just sits there looking at his Denny’s menu on the sideline. He folds his arms and then tells us all during the press conference to blame him.

That’s not accountability; that’s someone who has no answers. He can’t tell you exactly went wrong because he doesn’t know.

Stop falling for it.
Looked like a Waffle House menu.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
With this QB we need a beast of a running game, like Russel Wilson had in Seattle.

Some guy here told me Pollard is not the problem when he could not punch it in from the one against Miami, don't tell me Derrick Henry would have been stopped at the one by a one arm tackle.

Also the Oline and WRs are old and/or nicked. Let the vets move on and bring some youth and talent. Is incredible how teams lake Gree Bay have so much young talent that performs well in the bright lights while our All pros underperform.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
If you're a head coach here, your only plan should be to agree with whatever Jerry says. You'll get to work out your contract even if you're a complete idiot.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Jerry needs to call Kurt Warner and pay him to come fix these horribly designed pass routes which are hurting our QB and WRs. Then have Kurt Warner teach our offensive coaches how to call better plays against certain teams/alignments.
Warners breakdowns are so good! He dissects each play really well in a way we fans can understand and shows you all the roots of the problems.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Preach it, brother, on Henry. He’s become the current Earl Thomas. RB is a young man’s position. Sure, there’s Adrian Peterson and Emmitt Smith, maybe even include Frank Gore, but those guys were were unicorns.

Bringing back Pollard, especially coming off injury and at that salary, was incredibly stupid. Not drafting a RB only compounded that.

Just my opinion, but the OL is not in dire straights like so many think. Bass acquitted himself very well, as did Hoffman. But, as with any position, if the best player is an OL in the first round when it gets to 24, you pull the trigger.

I’ve alway been a BPA guy because you can’t predict injuries. Suppose there was a HoF caliber center the year Fredbeard was diagnosed with G-B Syndrome and you passed on him because of having Fredbeard?
Yeah I'm trying to keep it real not from an emotional standpoint I'm looking back at the entire season not just the last loss which we're all emotional about and I see that we could almost run back the same offense for the new stud running back and be just fine most of what we need is gonna be on the defensive side in my opinion we need a new defensive coordinator and that's not speaking from emotions we've seen this story before with Dan Quinn and Atlanta blowing leads how about the watermelon kick we beat him on and he did it in the Super bowl he did it last year with the Jaguars and the Green Bay game we gave him big leads if this defense is supposed to hold big leads or need a big lead it doesn't do well in any situation look at the Seattle game this year...

The big change we need is on defense this is Mike Nolan situation all over again I know it's not that defense because it did well when it gets turnovers when it's opportunistic it literally is boom or bust and I just can't deal with that anymore we need something steady over there so Mike McCarthy and Prescott don't feel the pressure to score on every single possession or the opposite where they go super conservative of it in a turtle shell of an offense because they're scared to make a mistake...

Great defenses can help on offense when it's struggling ours does not they don't give our offense time to even warm up in a game and we're already down 10 points that's how it looks and everyone blames the quarterback and the receivers and the running back and the head coach and the offensive coordinator..

Yes the offense was partly to blame it was a team loss but you look back at all the losses you look back at the Seattle win you just see one glaring issue the defense just gets walked down the field if they don't get a turnover if if they're not in a feeding frenzy for sacks and pressures they literally can't play straight up defense and stop anyone....

And yes the other weakness was the run game on offense so there you go get a stud young running back bring in a mid-level veteran running back like foreman and let's let the offensive coordinator AMD play caller and the offensive line coach come together and find a better scheme to make this run game actually dangerous and productive versus just being out there because blaming Kellen Moore is long gone...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, this QB is so limited, he only led all QBs in just about every positive stat by season's end. Great job there youngster.
100% I guess everyone wants to cover up in those big games we didn't have a run game the offensive line got pushed back into the backfield a lot we were one-dimensional and the reason the zone works against allegedly let's only use the word Prescott because he's the quarterback it's because they're getting to the quarterback and stopping the run with a four man line when you can play zone with the other seven guys there isn't a lot of separation that also goes back to some of the other players on the team besides lamb so if you try to slow down lamb then what do you have left?

Everyone blaming the quarterback they think it's mental against better teams no the offensive line is the thing that's getting beat down on the most consistent basis easily hardly any blitz as needed hardly any 5th man is needed most of these games they just flip the zone on rush four men and put pressure on the quarterback and stop the run on the way there...

So let's stop blaming on MVP consideration of a quarterback who's always been top 10 who was top three this year, I mean the man at some points during his whole career has been the number one quarterback in the league here and there I think you could win with that if you had something else to bring against the better defenses which is starts in the trenches and you need a run game people over here talking about the 90s Cowboys really show me where Troy or Roger had to play without a run game and without significant game plans with adjustments in the game by some of the best coaching Staffs on the planet somehow people forget this they think somehow Roger and Troy led these teams by themselves and I remember something much different you know like it started with the run game and the offensive line and then the defensive line and the defense they didn't ask the quarterback to set out on an island and win games that were nearly unwinnable...

blueblood70

Reaction score
With this QB we need a beast of a running game, like Russel Wilson had in Seattle.

Some guy here told me Pollard is not the problem when he could not punch it in from the one against Miami, don't tell me Derrick Henry would have been stopped at the one by a one arm tackle.

Also the Oline and WRs are old and/or nicked. Let the vets move on and bring some youth and talent. Is incredible how teams lake Gree Bay have so much young talent that performs well in the bright lights while our All pros underperform.
When you say we like this quarterback Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman never played without a strong run game a strong offensive line they were never 1 dimensional and they were never asked to stand back on an island and win games by themselves ever the coaching staff were great the game plans were great and they went through the run game first to set up the pass it's not just Russell Wilson that is football that is John Elway didn't win a championship until he got a run game I watched Patrick mahomes last year win a Super Bowl in the second-half his team was down but his defense stopped the run which was something the Philadelphia Eagles did really well but they made adjustments at halftime and guess what they did with the running back by committee and the quarterback they ran the ball down a team's throat that was supposed to be good at stopping the run

they literally have one games like that this year they don't have a lot of big names on the offense besides Patrick mahomes and Kelsey but somehow they devise game plans and they make sure they try and run the ball as effectively as possible and stop the run they played really good defense this year considering they always seem to put it on my homes this is a NFL you say it's a passing league that's what I hear but what I see is the teams with the better run offenses not just the run game and the running back but the run offenses where they make it a key component to run their offense through they're the better teams in the NFL right now...

Nothing's truly changed as much as people wanna act like it so stop acting like we need a beast of a running game so did Troy so did Roger and we could even go to Tony Romo had his best year whenever DeMarco Murray set a Dallas cowboy record nearly got 2000 yards until he got into the playoffs and choked you know fumbled Dan Bailey misses field goals the referees get involved this is our legacy...,

but back to it you're damn right this quarterback needs a run game just like all our other quarterbacks just like many quarterbacks in the NFL if you're 1 dimensional defenses pin their ears back and just make it almost impossible to throw the football ohh right that would be our team they know this they can almost get to the quarterback and stop the run with a four man line then they play zone on the back end and they don't leave much space to throw the ball into...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
100% I guess everyone wants to cover up in those big games we didn't have a run game the offensive line got pushed back into the backfield a lot we were one-dimensional and the reason the zone works against allegedly let's only use the word Prescott because he's the quarterback it's because they're getting to the quarterback and stopping the run with a four man line when you can play zone with the other seven guys there isn't a lot of separation that also goes back to some of the other players on the team besides lamb so if you try to slow down lamb then what do you have left?

Everyone blaming the quarterback they think it's mental against better teams no the offensive line is the thing that's getting beat down on the most consistent basis easily hardly any blitz as needed hardly any 5th man is needed most of these games they just flip the zone on rush four men and put pressure on the quarterback and stop the run on the way there...

So let's stop blaming on MVP consideration of a quarterback who's always been top 10 who was top three this year, I mean the man at some points during his whole career has been the number one quarterback in the league here and there I think you could win with that if you had something else to bring against the better defenses which is starts in the trenches and you need a run game people over here talking about the 90s Cowboys really show me where Troy or Roger had to play without a run game and without significant game plans with adjustments in the game by some of the best coaching Staffs on the planet somehow people forget this they think somehow Roger and Troy led these teams by themselves and I remember something much different you know like it started with the run game and the offensive line and then the defensive line and the defense they didn't ask the quarterback to set out on an island and win games that were nearly unwinnable...
**POST OF THE DALLAS COWBOYS FRANCHISE HISTORY!!!!!**

People should read this factual post and learn some history. They wouldn't look so ignorant pointing fingers only at the QB!

:hammer: :clap::hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When you say we like this quarterback Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman never played without a strong run game a strong offensive line they were never 1 dimensional and they were never asked to stand back on an island and win games by themselves ever the coaching staff were great the game plans were great and they went through the run game first to set up the pass it's not just Russell Wilson that is football that is John Elway didn't win a championship until he got a run game I watched Patrick mahomes last year win a Super Bowl in the second-half his team was down but his defense stopped the run which was something the Philadelphia Eagles did really well but they made adjustments at halftime and guess what they did with the running back by committee and the quarterback they ran the ball down a team's throat that was supposed to be good at stopping the run

they literally have one games like that this year they don't have a lot of big names on the offense besides Patrick mahomes and Kelsey but somehow they devise game plans and they make sure they try and run the ball as effectively as possible and stop the run they played really good defense this year considering they always seem to put it on my homes this is a NFL you say it's a passing league that's what I hear but what I see is the teams with the better run offenses not just the run game and the running back but the run offenses where they make it a key component to run their offense through they're the better teams in the NFL right now...

Nothing's truly changed as much as people wanna act like it so stop acting like we need a beast of a running game so did Troy so did Roger and we could even go to Tony Romo had his best year whenever DeMarco Murray set a Dallas cowboy record nearly got 2000 yards until he got into the playoffs and choked you know fumbled Dan Bailey misses field goals the referees get involved this is our legacy...,

but back to it you're damn right this quarterback needs a run game just like all our other quarterbacks just like many quarterbacks in the NFL if you're 1 dimensional defenses pin their ears back and just make it almost impossible to throw the football ohh right that would be our team they know this they can almost get to the quarterback and stop the run with a four man line then they play zone on the back end and they don't leave much space to throw the ball into...
PREEEEEAAAAACH!!!!!!!!!

SPOT ON!!!! HECK OF A POST!!!!

:hammer: :bow: :hammer:

NAYSAYERS SHOULD READ THIS AND LEARN BEFORE CONTINUING TO SOUND SO IGNORANT!

khiladi

Reaction score
What do you think he can do with the odds bas? McCarthy actually did adjust this season, by force feeding the ball to CeeDee Lamb. He moved him all over. But Dak is simply too reliant on his early read.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score

Some QBs need a efficient running Game, others a heavy running Game, Brady never had a heavy running game, neither Mahomes or Rodgers, or the Mannings. Dak needs to rely on the run game in the playoffs or it will be the same story going forward.

lostar2009

Reaction score
He only has one year left, there is no building :laugh:.

They better go to FA for most of their immediate defensive needs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Some QBs need a efficient running Game, others a heavy running Game, Brady never had a heavy running game, neither Mahomes or Rodgers, or the Mannings. Dak needs to rely on the run game in the playoffs or it will be the same story going forward.
See you guys have selective memory you're nuts dude Eli Manning did have tiki Barber and when he fixed his fumbling problems he was one of the best backs in the league they did run the ball hard Aaron Rodgers may not have had a good run game but that's going back to Mike McCarthy era but let's not forget that they had Jones and Dylan so again selective memory... And my homes may not have a significant name at running back but again I just told you facts they didn't start winning that game in that Super Bowl last year until they ran the damn ball and they ran it and they ran it and they ran it including the quarterback and then all of a sudden the Eagles couldn't stop it..

These teams when they don't have a #1 running back they manufacture A scheme and they actually run the damn ball so you can say whatever you wanna say and I'm gonna tell you you're wrong and Tom Brady may not have had a single running back but I remember the running back by committee over there James white they had another dude that ran the ball really hard I can't remember his name but they did have a run game see you're missing the fact that the Dallas Cowboys usually have like this dynamic running back Herschel Walker Emmett Smith Tony Dorsett even Ezekiel Elliott and de Marco Murray so are you used to like focus on a guy but you forget that other teams their head coaches and their offensive coordinators demand that they run the ball even if it's by committee even if they have to scheme and manufacture a run game...

I'm gonna tell you right now let's just stick with the Cowboys Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman never had to sit out on an island and throw the football without a strong *** run game big asss offensive line and a defense and a bunch of coaches that is why they won Super Bowls and Romo and Prescott have not got to an NFC championship game those are just straight up facts you put those quarterbacks on those teams just SWIP out the quarterbacks they still win because the coaches would have made sure of it it ran through the run game first that is just a fact I I can't help you any other way unless you understand that run games are still important like John Elway did not win it all until he got Terrell Davis,... And the problem here is we've had good running backs but in the playoffs they seem to be able to stop the run game in the games we really need it lately but before that it was defense I mean you know I would love for you to tell me how defense isn't important and we should just outscore the opponent no matter what the score is.... It was rhetorical because that's not how you win championships defense first run game and then you use the run game to set up the offense and then you can go big how do you think the Green Bay Packers seems like all three generations are killing the Cowboys... It was with the run game last year we blew a 14 point game up in Green Bay because of Jones and then all of a sudden two weeks ago we lost another game because we were getting ran over and all of a sudden we played zone defense sucked and then all of a sudden it opened up the pass game... So all quarterbacks need a run game period most of them are not one-dimensional by the way Peyton Manning are you trying to tell me he's never played with a great running back are you kidding me I believe his running back might be in the Hall of Fame... I mean maybe you forgot but Marshall faulk and Willis mcgahee I believe Marshall faulk might be in the Hall of Fame and by the way I remember it like this Peyton Manning always had it but it took him almost eight years before he broke through when he started audibly going to the run game versus auto playing out of the run game and that's when they started winning more same with John Elway literally you obviously don't understand the game of football I get it there are times you think that Tom Brady and these guys are playing by themselves but they literally do have a run game..

And also I'm pretty sure that Aaron Rodgers hasn't won another Super Bowl he only has one and I remember when they threw that football in one of those NFC championship games a couple years back instead of running the football and people were furious about it they lost the game I remember when Russell Wilson through that interception instead of using beast mode at the goal line this is coaching this is going away from what you really need in a football game you can't be 1 dimensional and win big games not typically...

Brady had lagerette Blount, james white and lewis plus others.. And in Tampa Bay Fornette went on a run in the playoffs... Don't try to tell me like LaGarrett Blount wasn't a load and the way they used him and some of the dudes as your change of pace backs the way they threw the football out of the backfield you know you all really have selective memory when it comes to these games...

Drew Brees had Reggie bush and later had Ingram and kamara..

I'm not saying some of these guys couldn't win with less because they were elite quarterbacks but you're like barking up the wrong tree trying to have a debate with guys who watched the football from the inside out that's where it ends starts in the trenches on both sides stop the run create a run game..

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
See you guys have selective memory you're nuts dude Eli Manning did have tiki Barber and when he fixed his fumbling problems he was one of the best backs in the league they did run the ball hard Aaron Rodgers may not have had a good run game but that's going back to Mike McCarthy era but let's not forget that they had Jones and Dylan so again selective memory... And my homes may not have a significant name at running back but again I just told you facts they didn't start winning that game in that Super Bowl last year until they ran the damn ball and they ran it and they ran it and they ran it including the quarterback and then all of a sudden the Eagles couldn't stop it..

These teams when they don't have a #1 running back they manufacture A scheme and they actually run the damn ball so you can say whatever you wanna say and I'm gonna tell you you're wrong and Tom Brady may not have had a single running back but I remember the running back by committee over there James white they had another dude that ran the ball really hard I can't remember his name but they did have a run game see you're missing the fact that the Dallas Cowboys usually have like this dynamic running back Herschel Walker Emmett Smith Tony Dorsett even Ezekiel Elliott and de Marco Murray so are you used to like focus on a guy but you forget that other teams their head coaches and their offensive coordinators demand that they run the ball even if it's by committee even if they have to scheme and manufacture a run game...

I'm gonna tell you right now let's just stick with the Cowboys Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman never had to sit out on an island and throw the football without a strong *** run game big asss offensive line and a defense and a bunch of coaches that is why they won Super Bowls and Romo and Prescott have not got to an NFC championship game those are just straight up facts you put those quarterbacks on those teams just SWIP out the quarterbacks they still win because the coaches would have made sure of it it ran through the run game first that is just a fact I I can't help you any other way unless you understand that run games are still important like John Elway did not win it all until he got Terrell Davis,... And the problem here is we've had good running backs but in the playoffs they seem to be able to stop the run game in the games we really need it lately but before that it was defense I mean you know I would love for you to tell me how defense isn't important and we should just outscore the opponent no matter what the score is.... It was rhetorical because that's not how you win championships defense first run game and then you use the run game to set up the offense and then you can go big how do you think the Green Bay Packers seems like all three generations are killing the Cowboys... It was with the run game last year we blew a 14 point game up in Green Bay because of Jones and then all of a sudden two weeks ago we lost another game because we were getting ran over and all of a sudden we played zone defense sucked and then all of a sudden it opened up the pass game... So all quarterbacks need a run game period most of them are not one-dimensional by the way Peyton Manning are you trying to tell me he's never played with a great running back are you kidding me I believe his running back might be in the Hall of Fame... I mean maybe you forgot but Marshall faulk and Willis mcgahee I believe Marshall faulk might be in the Hall of Fame and by the way I remember it like this Peyton Manning always had it but it took him almost eight years before he broke through when he started audibly going to the run game versus auto playing out of the run game and that's when they started winning more same with John Elway literally you obviously don't understand the game of football I get it there are times you think that Tom Brady and these guys are playing by themselves but they literally do have a run game..

And also I'm pretty sure that Aaron Rodgers hasn't won another Super Bowl he only has one and I remember when they threw that football in one of those NFC championship games a couple years back instead of running the football and people were furious about it they lost the game I remember when Russell Wilson through that interception instead of using beast mode at the goal line this is coaching this is going away from what you really need in a football game you can't be 1 dimensional and win big games not typically...

Brady had lagerette Blount, james white and lewis plus others.. And in Tampa Bay Fornette went on a run in the playoffs... Don't try to tell me like LaGarrett Blount wasn't a load and the way they used him and some of the dudes as your change of pace backs the way they threw the football out of the backfield you know you all really have selective memory when it comes to these games...

Drew Brees had Reggie bush and later had Ingram and kamara..

I'm not saying some of these guys couldn't win with less because they were elite quarterbacks but you're like barking up the wrong tree trying to have a debate with guys who watched the football from the inside out that's where it ends starts in the trenches on both sides stop the run create a run game..
Relax, no one is gonna read all that. SI just let go their staff, you should try out as a beat writer.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Relax, no one is gonna read all that. SI just let go their staff, you should try out as a beat writer.
If you don't wanna read it that's fine I don't need to relax though I'm gonna say what I have to say because it's all facts it's all true you could skim through it but you don't want to because you don't wanna be shown up because you like to like some fans in here use extreme descriptive words to describe our team and you're all wrong you you try to point out what's wrong with the team and how to fix it and you're wrong but that's OK next time I'll use crayons and I'll draw pictures for you.... Sounds about how and what level you might need to be on to understand what we're trying to say....

. Everything I said there is 100 percent true and it completely disables your debate it means your debate and your facts are not correct and they're all moot about this point...

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
If you don't wanna read it that's fine I don't need to relax though I'm gonna say what I have to say because it's all facts it's all true you could skim through it but you don't want to because you don't wanna be shown up because you like to like some fans in here use extreme descriptive words to describe our team and you're all wrong you you try to point out what's wrong with the team and how to fix it and you're wrong but that's OK next time I'll use crayons and I'll draw pictures for you.... Sounds about how and what level you might need to be on to understand what we're trying to say....

. Everything I said there is 100 percent true and it completely disables your debate it means your debate and your facts are not correct and they're all moot about this point...
Man you have a high opinion of your opinions. Good luck with that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Man you have a high opinion of your opinions. Good luck with that.
actually how is me showing you every QB you listed and showing YOU their running backs and the run games that changed their careers wrong? lmao good try you are still wrong..

Mark

Reaction score
Dak is already perfect and couldn't benefit from a mentor like Warner? If you are going to bring him in he needs to work with the QB too, not just tweak the plays you seem to think might be hindering Dak.

I think a top notch QB coach would help Dak a lot.
The leaders of this organization know everything already. According to MM this week, he knows how to win, and we already have a "championship" team in Dallas. Just not a "world championship" team. :)

Thus, instead of seeking the best & brightest to improve, vacancies are filled with people who will "buy in" to the genius & leadership already present.