McCarthy's plan

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak is already perfect and couldn't benefit from a mentor like Warner? If you are going to bring him in he needs to work with the QB too, not just tewak the plays you seem to think might be hindering Dak.
yep, I've never seen him have a bad game. It's always the team and coaches. I hope he gets the MVP for having to play with no talent.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that we are settled with McCarthy as our head coach for another year, he needs to sit with Quinn and tell him how we need to build this defense. McCarthy needs his handprint on this defense.

McCarthy needs to get through to Jerry the importance of win now. We must acquire some younger, healthier lineman on both defense and offense. we need to either acquire Derrick, Henry, or a big back in the draft.
:muttley: Having to face the AFC North I doubt Cheeseburger boy finishes the season as HC.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Fat Mike said he was going to grow this offseason. That's even dumber than Dak saying he's going to be better after 8 years. Unless he means he's going to pack on 20-30 pounds.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Now that we are settled with McCarthy as our head coach for another year, he needs to sit with Quinn and tell him how we need to build this defense. McCarthy needs his handprint on this defense.

McCarthy needs to get through to Jerry the importance of win now. We must acquire some younger, healthier lineman on both defense and offense. we need to either acquire Derrick, Henry, or a big back in the draft.
He had his handprint on the offense and his playcalling was awful. Now we want him messing with the defense, too? I mean...can't be worse than the Green Bay game unless they literally lay down on the turf...but still.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry needs to call Kurt Warner and pay him to come fix these horribly designed pass routes which are hurting our QB and WRs. Then have Kurt Warner teach our offensive coaches how to call better plays against certain teams/alignments.
Hello, Kurt we need you to fix our QB.................jeez its only his 9th year and he still can't lead a WR to the ball!!!
FnHpOXBXEAELf77.jpg:large

Kurt Kurt you there......????.............did we get disconnected????:muttley:

75boyz

Reaction score
His plan is simple, visit all the buffets in DFW and wait until Jerry tells him what to do and how to do it. After a feed or two it’s down to the massage parlor with Jerry’s new master plan for mediocrity and relevancy and then to the barn for a sleepover with Jerry.
Appreciate you man. Got a good laugh but unfortunately there's probably some actual truth that you describe here.
Sad times, lol

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score

Need need need and yet we have limited cash due to Prescott and the other underachievers and missing draft capital due to Cooks, Gilmore and Lance. So what’s your plan to fill all the holes? Rely on coaching to bring this team to the next level???
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jarntt

Reaction score

In what world is McCarthy taking on a bigger role with the defense sounding like a good thing? I do want him to open his mouth and ask Quin Why TF he is playing 2 LBs, with one being a safety and the other getting blown off the ball, taking bad angles, getting sealed off by OL constantly and being lost in coverage over the middle while also having a DL that can't protect them and keep them clean. But I don't want him putting his handprint on the defense. That's for the defensive guys. Just be a HC and a voice of reason who steps in when needed.

Fmart322

Reaction score

Henry is a luxury we can't afford long term, probably not even short term either.
I agree, we need to get trenches built up because our better OL players are getting older. DTs and LBs, we definitely need bad, as usual.
I personally believe in order for any type of success in the playoffs we need a great running game. Dak’s terrible in the playoffs, we all have seen it multiple times. Unfortunately Jerry won't get rid of him so a top notch running game is our only solution here.
Sadly, I like Dak, I so wanted him to defeat his choking demons in the Postseason but unfortunately he can't, they're to strong for him to beat.

Praxit

Reaction score
....for what its worth. Hope DQ gets his job, elsewhere.

Saw enough of his Style point defense. No wonder he went down as Super bowl biggest blunder to date.

Creeper

Reaction score
Now that Jane Slater is reporting that Harbaugh, Vrabel and Belichick were all interested in the Cowboys job, I have lost interest in anything McCarthy has planned. Jerry gave up an opportunity to make a major upgrade at one of the most important positions on the team, HC. All three of these options would have brought the one thing this teams needs more than anything else, discipline.

What McCarthy has planned is of no interest to me. Like the Cowboys on the field, I need to see execution. Unless I see the Cowboys sign a couple of quality free agents to improve the run defense none of MM's plans will make a difference. If Jerry's plan is to sign some 4th tier DTs, as he always does, that will fail again and it is not a plan to win, it is a plan to appease.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is already perfect and couldn't benefit from a mentor like Warner? If you are going to bring him in he needs to work with the QB too, not just tweak the plays you seem to think might be hindering Dak.

I think a top notch QB coach would help Dak a lot.
Wow, I thought it was automatically understood it would help Dak, Rush and Lance if Kurt Warner would work with them all?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

guess you guys couldn't be happier. Dutifully looking towards next year. Jones put out a statement that was a middle finger to all Cowboys fans...and less than a week later people are talking about the draft and next year.

I'm not dissing you per se...but I'm still pissed that the loss happened and Jerry told us to be happy because he's comfortable. UNACCEPTABLE.