McClain on Texans min asking price of Watson if it happens

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Washington is actually in position to do something like this. Even including chase. Due to the fact they have so much young defensive talent and need to do something about it. Not the package you’re describing but something comparable

100% WRONG you give up those players on defense and picks to fix the qb postion and Watsons right back on team without talent..they are not nearly the defense without Chase and sweat and Watsons finished 4-12 with that team, just like that..you are weakening one side to strengthen the other..this is nto what the rams did and that would be stupid trade..i how WFDT does it that ridiculous . IMO they need to go get a player like Titans did go grab a mitch T or someone in his range and keep playing strong defense , run game, and TOP..or draft guy..

they would instantly be US , have offensive power with not much of defense..

crazy to even say that out loud..right give up chase and sweat and they would be ok..lmao:lmao2:

but again i hope they do that , our offense would be droolling.

you realize that on TG day we were in the 4th qtr 4points down to the WT using our 3rd string offense? right smooth move give up fr too much to weaken one side to strengthen the other..
some of you smoke too much something..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Watson not worth that much.
Rams made a stupid trade, giving up all the draft picks.

No way the Texans get that, IF that is their price. It is more like reporter drug induced speculation.
Watson maybe worth a 1st and 2nd rounder at the most. IF that.

Not two 1s, two 2s and two young defensive players. Nobody's paying that for Watson.

Maybe two 1s and a 2.

But most trade proposals are inflated to set the negotiations bar.

Legend

Reaction score
Watsons had TWO ACL surgeries on the same leg and holds the ball to long and takes nasty hits, and your point? its football that happens..
One QB is coming back from a career year while the other one is coming back from a gruesome injury.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What is in the water down in Houston? Houston has no clue when it comes to market value. Houston grossly overpays for OT Tunsil. Sure would be nice to have the 3rd pick and last year’s first rather than Tunsil. Houston trades WR Hopkins for a 2nd round pick. Now Houston wants 6 premium players for a Disgruntled QB who hasn’t won squat in one of the weakest divisions recently.

Houston, there is a problem. I would advise the Texans to come back down to earth and move on to their backup plan.

Jerry, stay away. Do not engage in any conversations with Houston. Just get on your yacht and enjoy the scenery. Let Dak explore the market. Come back right before the draft.
exactly, lol the problem is the houston owner lives in a dream world, I am going to post the pc vids with him the new gm and new HC.
They might be called the 3 stooges lol.
The GM is ok, but the owner and the HC are a joke. I think the GM guy got a big fat payday, so he is all in on whatever owner wants.

What houston is asking is a joke, but maybe they threw that out there, knowing they could then have room to dicker and take way less.

I tell you this lol , after watching the vids with cal mcnair lol, jerry is suddenly looking ok lol. at least as an owner. Cal at least hires a GM.
But it seemed to me that the owner picked the HC, not the GM.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
They have Quinnan Williams to throw in as well.

I wouldn't touch this deal if I'm the Jets but they seem to think Watson can win with no supporting cast (although he never got very far when he had one), so I think it ends up getting done.

I personally have a tough time seeing much of a difference between Prescott and him, but ok.
I’d they here did that trade then like you said you surround him with who? You better make a ton of moves in free agency then.

Proof

Reaction score
100% WRONG you give up those players on defense and picks to fix the qb postion and Watsons right back on team without talent..they are not nearly the defense without Chase and sweat and Watsons finished 4-12 with that team, just like that..you are weakening one side to strengthen the other..this is nto what the rams did and that would be stupid trade..i how WFDT does it that ridiculous . IMO they need to go get a player like Titans did go grab a mitch T or someone in his range and keep playing strong defense , run game, and TOP..or draft guy..

they would instantly be US , have offensive power with not much of defense..

crazy to even say that out loud..right give up chase and sweat and they would be ok..lmao:lmao2:

but again i hope they do that , our offense would be droolling.

you realize that on TG day we were in the 4th qtr 4points down to the WT using our 3rd string offense? right smooth move give up fr too much to weaken one side to strengthen the other..
some of you smoke too much something..

Way too many words bro. I said Washington could pull it off. Not what the result would be. And you’re opinion will never convince me I’m “100 pct wrong” about anything. It’s all conjecture

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wow! If you can get two number ones for a QB these days, we should place Dak on the non-exclusive tag.
You can two #1 picks (plus maybe a 4th or so) just by trading down from the 10th overall to the end of the 1st round.
Where you pick in each round matters a ton.

revospeed

Reaction score
If I’m the Jets I offer:

2021 first round pick
2022 First round pick
2022 second round pick
2023 Second round pick

Ashtyn Davis and Quinnen Williams.

That should get it done.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Two young defensive starters automatically eliminates Dallas from the picture..Dallas doesn't have 2 young defensive starters to begin with, even if they were interested in Watson
Donavon Wilson and Diggs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’d they here did that trade then like you said you surround him with who? You better make a ton of moves in free agency then.
Also it tells you that they think Fields, Wilson etc aren't any good.

They have time to allow the QB to develop as they build.

I see no sense whatsoever in getting a QB ready to win now when they have no other pieces and will be very limited in acquiring them because of that QB.

They want four premium picks and two starters.

The salary difference is two high end starting players.

You're talking 8 potential high end players for one QB.

Too steep

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
You forgot Herbert. He slides in right after Mahomes. And Burrow appears to be right after Herbert. And Josh Allen is prolly even above Herbert.
One hit wonders. Even Carson Wentz had a good year. Are you sure you watch games?

Chargers have the best WR corps in the league.

I hope burrow will turn out to be a great QB. A real likeable guy.