McClay (2017) on Rico in practice - "We can't stop him" against 1st teamers **merged**

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Cowboys mostly lined him up at Y. Blocking inline he was consistently able to get his hands inside. Needs to do a better job sustaining as he got ripped twice at the poa but I didn't notice any missed assignments. At the same time he was able to block at the poa and get push. His play strength is impressive.

Also got a chance to see him take a couple of snaps in pass protection where he stoned the OLB pretty easily.

Two caveats to consider are that this was in the second half and most of those players will not be on an NFL roster in a few days and most of the run calls were straight ahead.
I don't know how many times I have to say it before it pierces some thick skulls.

Rico is on the final 53. A budding talent that our management staff won't get wrong this time around.

They asked him to work on his blocking this off-season. He worked on his blocking King this off-season. Oh... I already said that several times. My bad.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd rather have Rico than Lenoir and its not even close.
sorry but Lenoir is actually having a better camp and played well last night..he wont be a bad 4th or 5th WR and Backup PR..I like Rico but Lenoir is playing better right now, hes contributed a lot.. he had like what 9 catches for 89 yards last night and Punts were a lot better..he bounced back well..

Reactions: G2

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
i continue to get what i want in terms of publicity so again i thank u for ur service.

here is the chronology again so u cannot twist the facts.
2016 - rico drafted
2016 training camp - did little except 1 highlight play
2016-2017 season - ps, practiced including on scout team with romo against 1st team
~May 2017 - Mcclay interview, other articles about Rico being unstoppable
2017 training camp/preseason - did great in 1st 2 preseason games. big hype. many in th press anointed him as heir apparent
August 2017 - concussion injury
2017-2018 season - ir - probably for a lot longer than the concussion losing the ability to practice

u post like some type of crazed addict hoping for rico's failure. my streaming had trouble so i missed the play where he supposedly gave up the sack, and have to wait for the game to come up on youtube. however from what i did see, he was mostly used inline for blocking which he did pretty well. looks stronger than the other tes in blocking. he caught the balls that were thrown to him. unfortunately, the qb did not attempt to get him the ball for deeper routes.

no matter how much u try to twist things, i dont want failure. anything other than superbowl is failure. but if we r going to fail anyway, i prefer tanking so we do not failure in the future by getting more talent. it is an investment in the future. i guess this requires too much discipline and iq for u to understand.

keep posting here as it continues to achieve my goal. thank you :thumbup:
well, this none sense should stop soon. probably by today. and when rico is cut, then we can move to more important and relevant things.

and funny, that you haven't discussed any of the articles, findings and events since last year...given its all been very negative....

and I am glad to have help this disaster of a PR thread.... you must be a narcissist....

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
sorry but Lenoir is actually having a better camp and played well last night..he wont be a bad 4th or 5th WR and Backup PR..I like Rico but Lenoir is playing better right now, hes contributed a lot.. he had like what 9 catches for 89 yards last night and Punts were a lot better..he bounced back well..

He would be your #7, but you'll never get Lenoir on the field so what's the point.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Can do what? Figure it out. Or does he think he can help win games?
Figure it out.

If Rico gathers makes the initial 53 and stays on it until the Panthers game, they feel he can help this season.

If he doesn't, they don't.

Thanks, Jerry!

glimmerman

Reaction score
No punt returns. Not him or Austin.

Reactions: G2

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
well, this none sense should stop soon. probably by today. and when rico is cut, then we can move to more important and relevant things.

and funny, that you haven't discussed any of the articles, findings and events since last year...given its all been very negative....

and I am glad to have help this disaster of a PR thread.... you must be a narcissist....
:thumbup:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

I'm still waiting for him to illustrate everyone he claims "hopes for Gathers to fail."

Crickets.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Lenoir just doesn’t have enough quality to keep on this roster.

He should never crack playing time unless it’s as a special teamer.

There is 5 WRs that are better then him already.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I just meant the closest we started with. Haven’t seen him all preseason get a start.

The fact he wasn't on the field to start the game says a lot.

I can't believe how hard people are pushing. You might want to set up a go fund me for him.

waldoputty

Reaction score

my goal is to bring up the fact that the most credible expressed clearly and in detail how rico was unstoppable as well as the videos. the thread is on the 1st page near enough to the top for any member of the press that may briefly browse.
u r like a moth around a campfire, so glad u r happy being useful to my goals.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Lance Lenoir was playing against mostly third and fourth team talent last night.

Lance had a nice training camp and pre-season, he definitely improved a good bit over the last year, but I just don't see anything that makes me want to keep him. Lenoir wouldn't be part of the regular WR rotation and he isn't good enough on special teams to have a role.

I view him as a practice squad player.

And that's not a bad thing, we need those guys and it's good money.

But even if Lance does make the team, I will be looking to replace him in a year with someone better.

LittleD

Reaction score
I don't know about love but you certainly seem emotionally intent on him failing.

Dude, I have nothing to do with him failing. He failed on his own because he isn't a football player. His road to any success is
to head to Europe and play basketball.