McClay (2017) on Rico in practice - "We can't stop him" against 1st teamers **merged**

Ken

Reaction score
I actually applaud them for this.

He has his flaws for sure but he has a skill set none of the other TEs have.
Agreed.

Even that one catch he had last night...Caught it with his hands on a ball behind him...clutched it while being hit. All other TEs on the roster drop that.

Make him your 3rd down and long and redzone TE. Problem solved.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Agreed.

Even that one catch he had last night...Caught it with his hands on a ball behind him...clutched it while being hit. All other TEs on the roster drop that.

Make him your 3rd down and long and redzone TE. Problem solved.

also 3rd down and 3 yards or more

coogrfan

Reaction score
He better

Best TE on the roster

giphy.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
i need no acknowledgment. i am quite content. no matter what happens, i know i spent a few hours of time and did the most i can think of doing.
sorry to hear ur life is so sad. some of us has work to go back to and to hang out with.
nice try....so as usual, the voices in your head told you something that doesn't exist.... perhaps you have MPD.... so can you point me to where I said, anything about my life?.... its exactly within your character of making things up including things you made up about rico, so after rico who is another loser player you are going to support? who is another pathetic player you relate to and sympathize with?

I will keep stringing this along for you... you seem to really need it.... try not to cry too much

Batman1980

Reaction score
They had all of pre-season to play him as much as possible and they still chose to minimize him, and I'm sick of hearing the "he can't block" excuse because none of the TEs on the roster showed that they could.

Swaim is a proven blocker, though.

waldoputty

Reaction score
nice try....so as usual, the voices in your head told you something that doesn't exist.... perhaps you have MPD.... so can you point me to where I said, anything about my life?.... its exactly within your character of making things up including things you made up about rico, so after rico who is another loser player you are going to support? who is another pathetic player you relate to and sympathize with?

I will keep stringing this along for you... you seem to really need it.... try not to cry too much

thank you for ur assistance :thumbup:

aria

Reaction score
That fact that Jerry said this only reinforces my opinion of Rico.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I actually applaud them for this.

He has his flaws for sure but he has a skill set none of the other TEs have.

Same here. We need to create packages for him where we utilize him, the blocking and crisp route running will come...with experience

starfan1

Reaction score
I am concerned about the dudes blocking and unwillingness to put his nose in the playbook after 3 years, I think the dudes a Maretllus Bennett with less talent. That said I am not going to come undone if they keep him.My only concern is at what cost.

Where do you go light at? Without a doubt they are keeping Swain hes the starter and I bet they keep Schultz so that puts you at Jarwin or Gathers they aint keeping 4 TE's. The other issue is even if they kept him he aint seeing the 46 he brings no other value to the team in terms of special teams etc. Hes a one trick pony throw it high and hell go get it. We may need to carry an extra lineman.

I just dont see it and its not about the front office being stupid even though i question things at times its about numbers and Rico hasnt shown enough. on a better note bye bye CHAZ

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
If it helps them in making their decision tell them I think, rather I know Schultz will pass through waivers and be eligible for the practice squad:)

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Where are the I wish Jerry would shut his trap posters at.
Is it ok Jerry is talking since its about the beloved Rico

Reaction score
I've thought Rico would be on the roster, and the first Red Zone play where Linehan isolates him on a 5'9" slot corner so he catches a TD a foot over the defenders head..... all negative posts will be forgotten.

Dak never had much success delivering accurate jump balls to Dez,,,, maybe with Rico it will be different.